ODFL | Cash out your pto !!

buckeye

TB Lurker
Credits

Special PTO Payout Announcement​

As you all know, we are extremely busy with very elevated freight levels that are expected to continue over the next many months. These freight levels put tremendous pressure on being staffed appropriately to handle the volume of freight moving through our network.​

As a result, OD will be offering all hourly employees in the service centers, maintenance and Line-Haul Drivers a special opportunity to cash-out any portion or your entire balance of PTO time. Eligible employees will have until Thursday, October 28th, to request this special PTO payout. Wow please do this so you won’t take any vacation!​

Let me think about this. Ah, NO!!! I’m on the road 5 sometimes 6 day’s a week and I am not going to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I’d like to see their faces if I cashed out just over a month of PTO. Sort of like my face when I see what the taxes took out.

Let me think about this. Ah, NO!!! I’m on the road 5 sometimes 6 day’s a week and I am not going to enjoy the fruits of my labor. I’d like to see their faces if I cashed out just over a month of PTO. Sort of like my face when I see what the taxes took out.
Yeah, I hear certain drivers save PTO for mowing season.

Special PTO Payout Announcement​

As you all know, we are extremely busy with very elevated freight levels that are expected to continue over the next many months. These freight levels put tremendous pressure on being staffed appropriately to handle the volume of freight moving through our network.​

As a result, OD will be offering all hourly employees in the service centers, maintenance and Line-Haul Drivers a special opportunity to cash-out any portion or your entire balance of PTO time. Eligible employees will have until Thursday, October 28th, to request this special PTO payout. Wow please do this so you won’t take any vacation!​

That’s a great ideal but we have lots of people taking off and not being forced to use their PTO and then when you try to get vacation a tell you the days of taken must be nice to That’s a great ideal but we have lots of people taking off and not being forced to use their PTO and then when you try to get vacation a tell you the days of taken must be nice to take 10 days a year at least of unpaid leave plus the four weeks vacation with a Company

That’s a great ideal but we have lots of people taking off and not being forced to use their PTO and then when you try to get vacation a tell you the days of taken must be nice to That’s a great ideal but we have lots of people taking off and not being forced to use their PTO and then when you try to get vacation a tell you the days of taken must be nice to take 10 days a year at least of unpaid leave plus the four weeks vacation with a Company
not at my barn, if your absent you have to use PTO

not at my barn, if your absent you have to use PTO
Hey used to be that way at my facility however depends on who you are you get several days off extra Without paying for it if you know what I mean,,take a day off use your PTO They talk about driver shortage, cashing out PTO, but if you don’t have controlled over the unexcused absences , Everything else is just a waste Of time. There should be one company policy if you take a day off they must pay you PTO and that will make people show up for work in my opinion nobody wants to take a week off in the middle of the year with no paycheck because they use all their time up with a day here a day there.Have you ever noticed around income tax time how many people take time with no pay!

People need to really think about selling pto, with covid in full swing if you sale your time back to OD and get sick ur SOL on the next 2 weeks of getting paid.

People need to really think about selling pto, with covid in full swing if you sale your time back to OD and get sick ur SOL on the next 2 weeks of getting paid.
You’re very correct my friend keep your PTO,(show up for work)hope for the best and if something happens you have a cushion and fall back on don’t be A idiot ,guys you earn the right to take off if you’re really sick don’t be a victim here my friends

Almost 30 years in boy I tel you what I thinkin
Well you got me beat by a few years my friend but I have no complaints about O/d they put two kids through college I learned the game of bullshit a long time ago, show up do your job don’t take it personally and make a chunk of change and smile all the way into the sunset this advice is for you younger guys this is not a Sprint it’s a marathon God bless America

Well you got me beat by a few years my friend but I have no complaints about O/d they put two kids through college I learned the game of ******** a long time ago, show up do your job don’t take it personally and make a chunk of change and smile all the way into the sunset this advice is for you younger guys this is not a Sprint it’s a marathon God bless America
That’s the way it is brother,, best of luck out there grindin,, I been blessed to be a big part of this company many years