Estes | category rumors

over the top

TB Lurker
Credits
Hearing rumors again of joining hub and lh. Anybody have real info on it? I can see matching pay but I don't see how they can join em and be fair about it.

that's the way it should be , less confusing.eveyon e linehaul. estes has always confused things trying to save a nickle. put all runs up as linehaul, if you bid on run with docktime, you make same linehaul pay wiyh docktime, simple.

Nope, nope and nope. I came here specifically because Estes didn't do that. I am here to run linehaul and linehaul only, not chase boxes all night long. If they try that, people, myself included will bail so fast it will make your head spin.

I think they should leave it too. If they go by night road time, Imagine a lh guy doing dock cuz a hub driver has 1 week more seniority. Hub guys that never spent one day away from home bumped to xboard, or hub guys never putting 1 day in on xboard and getting a top lh run with no dock work. If they go by time in lh hub guys get bumped to the bottom. It would be chaos I think. How could they do seniority to bid on runs?

Combining is a bad idea. Guys went hub to stay away from Xtra board. Guys went Xtra to stay away from hub. When you combine the two boards every run will have dock time based on supervisors discretion. And every new driver will have to go Xtra board. The way they have it now is not perfect but better than most. I'm warning you we will end up like Conway.

It should have been that way from the beginning instead of switching now. Combining them will put folks in positions they had no intentions being in and in positions they spent years trying to avoid or keep them out of positions that they spent years on the extraboa trying to get to. No thanks

When I was a hub driver, I worked the dock in Pittsburgh. Webb was TM. 1 week he spent with us on th3 dock, a Cincinnati driver asked him. "Is the company ever going to combine hub and lh?" Webb said "there are plans to do so in the future" That was about 3-4 yrs ago, I was 5ft away when Webb said that. Hub drivers were making about .4cpm less now they're only half cent.

I was responding to what you reported. You said you heard him say "there are plans to do so i the future". I was just saying plans change. You shouldn't hold his feet to the fire.

I was responding to what you reported. You said you heard him say "there are plans to do so i the future". I was just saying plans change. You shouldn't hold his feet to the fire.

Oh ok. I'm not, somebody asked if they heard rumors and im just responding with my first hand account.

I dont think its far fetched, combo carries over to Linehaul, extra board carries to lh, teams now can carry there time to lh. Plus with the pay only half cent per mile behind its definitely plausible. They have set presidents with it before.

I'm thinking this must be a hub driver thing cause i never hear line haul wishing they could be on the hub board. So you think Estes should start bumping line haul guys down their board to let hub guys in that didn't want to be on the board in the first place? At any time I could have gone hub, didn't want to, stayed put. At my terminal we have extra board runs open up all the time. No one stops hub from bidding on them. Almost all extra board drivers are hired off the street! These guys put time on extra board and got a run. Good for them! Now hub guys want his run and think it's unfair. I think if Estes combines the boards they will be turning senority boards upside down for a minority of drivers who are second guessing their choice and could have jumped ship years ago and went xtra but didn't.

Remember the way they allowed Combo guys to take their time to linehaul? Any Combo time accrued before the change in 2012 didn't count.

This might go down the same way...

I would be willing to bet that if they did combine hub and line haul that it would be like when they changed utility to combo. Gave them linehaul seniority be only made it retroactive back to a certain date not there total time in the utility classification. Just a thought.

I would be willing to bet that if they did combine hub and line haul that it would be like when they changed utility to combo. Gave them linehaul seniority be only made it retroactive back to a certain date not there total time in the utility classification. Just a thought.

You could do that, but, 1 there's way more Hub drivers that'll be effected compared to the 1-2 combo drivers some terminals had. Plus, LH would be able to take a hub run over a hub driver, that would defeat the purpose. And before yall no LH driver would take a hub run, they would.