CB issues

Na1Ijok.jpg

Hey all just wanted to check in with all my fellow truck drivers on an issue I'm running into with my new truck it's a 16 freightliner cascadia just got in the truck last week found all wiring to be in decent order hooked up my CB I don't have anything fancy it's a uniden bearcat PC787 with a Wilson 2000 attached to the factory mount on the drivers side top rear of the cab but even with adjusting the antenna my swr readings are through the roof sitting at like a 4+ I tried having the shop check for ground and they said it looks ok so I'm not sure to believe it but it's a company truck just assigned to me so I can't do any major modifications to it any ideas would be great thanks
Hey all just wanted to check in with all my fellow truck drivers on an issue I'm running into with my new truck it's a 16 freightliner cascadia just got in the truck last week found all wiring to be in decent order hooked up my CB I don't have anything fancy it's a uniden bearcat PC787 with a Wilson 2000 attached to the factory mount on the drivers side top rear of the cab but even with adjusting the antenna my swr readings are through the roof sitting at like a 4+ I tried having the shop check for ground and they said it looks ok so I'm not sure to believe it but it's a company truck just assigned to me so I can't do any major modifications to it any ideas would be great thanks
Both side antenna mounts are for the cb. If you only have an antenna on the driver's side, you will not be able to obtain a low swr reading. I put a couple 5ft oil coil antennas on mine and it works decent.

C.B.s USED TO BE FUN, but with the ever growing population of dimwits-halfwits and nitwits on Sesame Street and all the POINTLESS PROFANITY, it ain't anywhere close to what it, like Trucking, was.

PROFANITY IS THE LINGUISTIC TOOL OF THE INARTICULATE.

CHEERS!!
SHUT UP STUPID
Sorry someone had to say it

SHUT UP STUPID
Sorry someone had to say it
Thank You.
Haven't "heard" that reply in a while.
- - - -
Other c.b. fun:

Baba Buoy, Baba Buoy.
Wasn't that annoyingly fun?

Styrofoam Fuel Containers,
Left Handed Automatic Revolvers,
Muffler Bearings,
Jake Brake Shoes & Fluid,
Flasher Fluid,
40 Hours Drive Time (Petro and J), only on tuesdays and fridays with a full lube,
$5.00 Shower Tickets (remember those?),
Monkey Butt Powder,
Bloomer Pudding discounts (only @ Flying P),
Cans of: Whoop A$$ and Squat, where ever fine trucking problem solutions are sold.

See your local parking lot purveyor of personal pleasing pleasure for additional discounts.
:732::butt kiss::eck13::guiness:09

If you're use the factory coax, be warned, its probably twisted beyond use. Our 2018 Volvo, 2019 Freightliner and our 2020 Freightliner all suffered the same problem. When they tightened the screw on connectors, they used pliers AND a wrench. Grounded everything right there.

Thank You.
Haven't "heard" that reply in a while.
- - - -
Other c.b. fun:

Baba Buoy, Baba Buoy.
Wasn't that annoyingly fun?

Styrofoam Fuel Containers,
Left Handed Automatic Revolvers,
Muffler Bearings,
Jake Brake Shoes & Fluid,
Flasher Fluid,
40 Hours Drive Time (Petro and J), only on tuesdays and fridays with a full lube,
$5.00 Shower Tickets (remember those?),
Monkey Butt Powder,
Bloomer Pudding discounts (only @ Flying P),
Cans of: Whoop A$$ and Squat, where ever fine trucking problem solutions are sold.

See your local parking lot purveyor of personal pleasing pleasure for additional discounts.
:732::butt kiss::eck13::guiness:09
Wha'd he say?

If your coax screws onto your antenna, use a knife or file to clean the tip of the coax that screws onto your antenna.

In Spring of '16 on I-20 east side Louisianna at a Truck/Fuel Stop, the antenna seemed a bit loose on driver side mirror bracket stick mount and after attempting to tighten it, it broke at mount.

Discovered Travelling was much more SANE w/o radio interference.
Very FEW traffic problems w/o C.B.!!

CHEERS!!