FedEx Freight | CB Radios

Sad when company drivers will not let down for a slightly faster tractor to pass.

At least do it for the other motorists waiting behind... if jealous jeez.

Seems like the younger bunch makes it a competition... at a fraction of a mph...

I remember the days when you would pass another company truck and almost everyone would talk on the CB to give a bear or traffic report or at least say howdy....nowadays the assholes won’t even look over, much less wave to ya!!
:fingure:

Note: my weapon of choice is a General Lee :1036316054:

Another of our drivers, a Big R,and Carolina departed at midnight, you can only imagine the bs, we spread across the airways.
Now I know a Stryker is a military vehicle, the Dodge on the TV show is General Lee, if not, what the hell are you
talking about?
You have to remember, I've been on the sidlines a long time.

Another of our drivers, a Big R,and Carolina departed at midnight, you can only imagine the bs, we spread across the airways.
Now I know a Stryker is a military vehicle, the Dodge on the TV show is General Lee, if not, what the hell are you
talking about?
You have to remember, I've been on the sidlines a long time.
Stryker and General Lee are different brands of radios, my General Lee is exactly like a old Galaxy 77. Unfortunately, Galaxy quit making the 77 so if you want something comparable it’s the General Lee. I ran a 77 for years...

Yep, I can remember going up the road with several of us along with a few Con-Way guys, a few Estes guys, and a few Buster Brown guys all talking BS like knew each other our whole lives....never met a stranger and if you needed anything, anybody would stop to help regardless of what company they drove for!!

Aw yes, the good ole days...back when men were men and the sheep were scared!!

Sad when company drivers will not let down for a slightly faster tractor to pass.

At least do it for the other motorists waiting behind... if jealous jeez.

Seems like the younger bunch makes it a competition... at a fraction of a mph...
Yep, unfortunately I see this everyday as well...company trucks drag racing cause one is slightly faster than the other for whatever reason and neither will give an inch...block the highway for 10 miles just to make a pass and then blame it on the company for castrating the truck!!

Yep, unfortunately I see this everyday as well...company trucks drag racing cause one is slightly faster than the other for whatever reason and neither will give an inch...block the highway for 10 miles just to make a pass and then blame it on the company for castrating the truck!!

Yep, back in the 50s, we slowed and gave the truck behind a left TS, to pass, before the companies stopped this practice because of the liability if in an accident.

My Connex did a pretty good job. I had it tuned and turned up just a hair. Quit using it about 95 when I started running city.
Back in the day every radio used either a Connex or Ranger board regardless of brand and the sound quality and clarity were excellent!! Today’s radios just aren’t what they used to be...