ADuiePyle | cell phone rules

odd....
so many posts by people who just joined...

most states already have laws banning texting while driving. most states also have laws regulating cell phone use while driving. maybe we will get lucky and pyle will also ban c.b. radio use too. and next maybe xm/sirius radio. then maybe they can just rip the am/fm radios out of the trucks. then you will have no distractions.

I would guess enforcement will be very lax. It's probably more of a business/insurance decision than anything. If a driver wrecks and someone says they saw you texting/talking on phone the company can say they have a cell phone policy. What would their response be if they didn't do this?

Smart decision but I doubt anyone stops. If your phone rings you answer it. Pretty much like when the Qualcomm beeps you are distracted.

i have no idea. what about bluetooth capable cb's? if you have one, are you still allowed to use it?
personally, my position is (my own opinion, i in no way represent anyone but myself) that they are just covering their butts- just in case... one more way to put all the blame on the driver. if they check your phone records and you were on it at all, then it couldnt possibly be equipment related, or schedule related, or 4 wheeler related, or weather related.

laws

Most states have cell phone laws as you mention. I see a lot of news articles on accidents ( cars/trucks/motorecylce's and boats) they allways seem to check if someones phone was in use to see if they were distracted while driving. Bluetooth or not some blood sucking lawyer would put the blame on the truck driver if he was using a bluetooth while sitting at a red light and got rear ended.:shift:

Point being??

odd....
so many posts by people who just joined...

most states already have laws banning texting while driving. most states also have laws regulating cell phone use while driving. maybe we will get lucky and pyle will also ban c.b. radio use too. and next maybe xm/sirius radio. then maybe they can just rip the am/fm radios out of the trucks. then you will have no distractions.

Not sure what you are geting at there mr. 53 posts.....

I was not talking about our distractions, but the other drivers on the road. I have seen to many young 16, 17, 17 yr olds on the road texting and not paying attention to the road. They swerve all over the place and if you honk at them, they turn right around call customer service and put in a complaint against you. :TR10driving03:

Let's take a step back here and stop feeling singled out as if it's "just another thing to put blame on the driver". The simple fact that using a phone for talking or texting while driving is dangerous altogether! Truck driver or not, none of us should be doing it - period! I rest my case.

Let's take a step back here and stop feeling singled out as if it's "just another thing to put blame on the driver". The simple fact that using a phone for talking or texting while driving is dangerous altogether! Truck driver or not, none of us should be doing it - period! I rest my case.

I agree with WonderWoman. I don't think this is an attack on our Civil Liberties. It is the company trying to protect themselves in the event that a major accident occurs while an employee is on a cell phone. Without this policy they leave themselves wide open to being accused of negligence. I don't care who you are, everyone is distracted when using a cell phone.

No, you are only distracted if you let yourself be distracted. I don't hear anyone yelling to get cb's out of the trucks. I don't see a difference, except for having one hand off the wheel to grab the mic. I also don't see a difference between having another person in the vehicle and answering an urgent phone call.

When I stop seeing cops with barely 100000 miles on the road, using two radios, a cell phone, and a laptop while speeding and weaving, then I will consider not answering my phone.

I agree about not texting, but not using a cellphone while driving. Why is it cops have keyboards and screens which they text on while driving? Oh and they are excempt from using cellphones while driving too. Last time I checked most cops were no geniuses by a long shot so if its so dangerous why let the cops use them? Heck lets let them drink and drive too. Oops, too late, they already do when they flash that almighty badge at each other when they get stopped for drunk driving or speeding off duty. Wake up people!

Me thinks that it is ok to use a cell phone with blue tooth, but when I see super trucker holding the phone, shifting gears, and turning a corner, all at the same time...

To be honest I never feel safe in a cab even when I am 3 sheets to wind haha those crazy F-ers... As for those coppers:police:, I would love for one of them to hit me in my car while they are either typing or talking on a phone without there lights on.... hellooooo early retirement! :bananapowerslide::smilie_132: