FedEx Freight | cell phones ,hands free sets & other questions

princess

smh..
Credits
Are drivers allowed to use cell phones with a hands free set while driving?

If against policy for above, can you get fired on the spot for it?

Also, is it against company policy to take your 10 min breaks a few blocks from terminal? Can you get in trouble for doing so?

Also..if the FEDEX employee handbook has a policy outlined can the CCM over ride the handbook and ask a driver to do it his way instead...

Phones are a no-no.

As for firing on the spot, I guess that would be up to them. Most would probably be warned first.

Not sure about 10 min breaks, dispatch said lunch is the only break and that is to be between the 4th and 6th hr.

In your handbook it states that any rule can be changed and the book is meant as a general reference (something like that, going from memory)

FM

Wellllll it is 8 but that is not cast in stone just like the rules that change when ever they wish. Please don't let this scare you off since this is the way all trucking companys work just about. It is something a professional driver deals with every day .

Smokestack said:
Wellllll it is 8 but that is not cast in stone just like the rules that change when ever they wish. Please don't let this scare you off since this is the way all trucking companys work just about. It is something a professional driver deals with every day .
ESTES has same policies on phones and starting to see the 10 min breaks bummer

Wow, that is a lot of breaks.

Might seem so, put when doing local p/d you need them, sometimes you can get a load of big truck tires to be delivered and have to unload them one at a time for the customer, after that you need a friggin' break:)
Or maybe a whole delivery of 15 pallets that needs to be hand unloaded, one piece at a time, and stacked wherever the customer wants it in a non airconditioned wharehouse..for sure need a break after that.. The joys of LTL :)

Sometimes I get one sometimes ya don't .
I just get the job done and use my best judgement.

Smokestack said:
Sometimes I get one sometimes ya don't .
I just get the job done and use my best judgement.
Yes how about 8 plts over 800 cases break down plts truck it in on hand truck just got it done then worried about the next garabe load all in a days work

SUBJECT TO CHANGE W/O NOTICE is stated in the rule book. Thats how ther getting away with all ther new changes.

The VIOLIN couldn't get any smaller for YOU!

CORNBINDER said:
SUBJECT TO CHANGE W/O NOTICE is stated in the rule book. Thats how ther getting away with all ther new changes.
I heard about you BINDER. Aren't there enough little ones up there in the WOLVERINE that they could get to go to the BUCKEYE or are you the only one?:smilie_132:

Momoney said:
I heard about you BINDER. Aren't there enough little ones up there in the WOLVERINE that they could get to go to the BUCKEYE or are you the only one?:smilie_132:

OUCH that one really hurt

CORNBINDER said:
You know anymore that's standard procedure for the rule book day to day week to week :smilie_132: :bgroovy:

Not that it matters much but just in my normal driving around one day last week I counted 12 FedEx freight drivers driving with one hand talking on a cellphone.

You probably couldn't find 10 driver's in the whole system who don't have phone's. Perhaps a good percentage of them don't talk while driving...but a lot do. When I was a P&D driver I would use my phone occasionally to contact my regular customers to let them know I've been delayed or to find out how much they were going to have that day if my P/u's were heavy. As a Road Driver I use it when I get tired to keep myself or my fellow driver's on this God-forsaken shift we run from falling asleep. It may be in the book, but I think it's one of those rules that, well let's see...let's make it a rule so that if a driver gets into an accident talking on the phone it protects the company from a certain amount of liability...other than that lets leave it alone.

I would be lost with out mine , only if FedEX Frt . paid for part of my bill , not going to happen but my customers always say "Hey thanks Smokestack for the call." nothing like taking care of the hand that feeds ya.

Bottom line is that it just plain and simple makes my life at FXFE easyer.