XPO | Cell phones

Dodge Ram

TB Veteran
Credits
What is it with this company's supervisors and cell phones? Every time you turn around there is a supervisor on his or her phone at work at their desk? As a driver, don't use your phone on the clock or you'll get yelled at. Do they have special privileges that they can go to work and steal time and get paid for it?

What is it with this company's supervisors and cell phones? Every time you turn around there is a supervisor on his or her phone at work at their desk? As a driver, don't use your phone on the clock or you'll get yelled at. Do they have special privileges that they can go to work and steal time and get paid for it?
Apparently , YES.

Yes , management has special privileges. Do as I say , not as I do.

At our place call phones are out of control there in the hands of supervisors constantly and on the dock drivers and dockwprkers either texting or talking on them and listening to music with Bluetooth speakers it's a joke

I would love to see XPO take a bold step forward and completely ban all use of cell phones,headphones, IPods ECT in the working environment while on the clock. Zero tolerance automatic termination. I can see that this is only a dream to even think of that, when they won't even monitor or enforce The blatant and spiraling out of control damaging of freight. The lifeline of our company. The total disregard of our customers product to meet our goals, high cube, heavyweight is sickening. They can talk the talk about our numbers of damage claims being down , but trust me those of us in the trenches know better. On the other hand our customers most likely don't give a ::shit:: either because they still uses us and all the companies like us.oh well maybe I should just shut my mouth, what do I know?

I would love to see XPO take a bold step forward and completely ban all use of cell phones,headphones, IPods ECT in the working environment while on the clock. Zero tolerance automatic termination. I can see that this is only a dream to even think of that, when they won't even monitor or enforce The blatant and spiraling out of control damaging of freight. The lifeline of our company. The total disregard of our customers product to meet our goals, high cube, heavyweight is sickening. They can talk the talk about our numbers of damage claims being down , but trust me those of us in the trenches know better. On the other hand our customers most likely don't give a :::shit::: either because they still uses us and all the companies like us.oh well maybe I should just shut my mouth, what do I know?
I don't know what they want... there's a poster up about a contest, encouraging pictures to be taken of closed loads showing high cube and trailer utilization?

I don't know what they want... there's a poster up about a contest, encouraging pictures to be taken of closed loads showing high cube and trailer utilization?
They're pushing really hard to make load average goals. The "Be a Hog" contest. They want your average trailer wait to be above your terminals goal. Company goal is 16,000 lbs. across the system.

They're pushing really hard to make load average goals. The "Be a Hog" contest. They want your average trailer wait to be above your terminals goal. Company goal is 16,000 lbs. across the system.
Yep. We should all be aware of the hog thing. My point was about cell phones on the dock.

Just a question. How are the supervisor stealing time when they are pay a salary? They make the same money if they are their for 8hrs or 12hrs. Just saying

I really haven't seen it at my barn or any of the re-ships I go to...

The only time I see supervisors on their cell phones is when they are texting or talking to drivers out on a pedal run. My o/b fos texts me every night with the time my loads will be ready.