ABF | Censorship!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Different installations of the forum software will have different options enabled by the person who installed it on the server.
Sounds like Congress . Different rules or options & nobody gets anything done. Get on the same page people. Same rule or permission, or what ever you need, but get it together. Constant bickering regardless of your position or if you are right or wrong is what can bring down the house. Look @ the history of trucknet.com. People got tired of the bickering & came over here to carry on. What did that guy say in LA. Can't we all get along? Grow up people. This cra* is getting old. As a disclaimer I post this to try to stir up more shi**. von.

Wow to get banned for asking a legit question and trying to prove your point. Muler getting banned is really a type of censorship. This seems like a try at starting a climate of self- censorship out of fear or hypocrisy. The meaning of self-censorship is “the exercising of control over what one says and does, especially to avoid castigation. A mod is supposed to be fair and impartial not bias one bit. You may not like everyone’s opinion but censorship is not the answer!

Wow to get banned for asking a legit question and trying to prove your point. Muler getting banned is really a type of censorship. This seems like a try at starting a climate of self- censorship out of fear or hypocrisy. The meaning of self-censorship is “the exercising of control over what one says and does, especially to avoid castigation. A mod is supposed to be fair and impartial not bias one bit. You may not like everyone’s opinion but censorship is not the answer!
He was banned for things he said in a pm, not what he posted here.

Wow to get banned for sending a PM to a Mod and not a post on the open forum again WOW. A PM is between the member and the Mod thus the name Private Message.
I don't know what was said in the PM, but if someone were to be threatening (even in a PM) I would expect them to be banned from the site. There are behaviors that can not be tolerated by the owners of a site under any circumstances. And I am not saying that is the reason in this case, just using that as an example of behavior that could get you banned even in a PM.

I don't know what was said in the PM, but if someone were to be threatening (even in a PM) I would expect them to be banned from the site. There are behaviors that can not be tolerated by the owners of a site under any circumstances. And I am not saying that is the reason in this case, just using that as an example of behavior that could get you banned even in a PM.

I've had dealings with the person in question, I wouldn't put anything past him.

Those of you who speak when you know not what you are speaking about are showing your true colors.

ABFer I appreciate the PM and respect it. I read this post at work today on my cell while at lunch. When lunch was over I climbed into my green truck to precede with my city P/D route, the more that I drove the more it bother me. If this gets me ban so be it but I have to get it off of my chest. You may not agree with everyone or like their opinion but you are supposed to be impartial aren’t you? For a Mod to post such a demeaning and condescending statement to the member on the open forum is just wrong. To think that this is coming from someone instilled and entrusted will the authority to keep the peace on this forum. All this does is show a certain type of bias on your part toward certain members on this forum don’t you think and that is a shame on your part. FYI if you are going to be condescending and demeaning to members you only open yourself up to ridicule and insults from the very members you are trying to control. I must say I now see why these threads get out of hand with that type of moderation. If speaking the truth gets me ban, than I will accept that. I have never had a cross word with you or any other Mod on this site. I visit all types of forums to keep up and gather information. These types of comments made by the very Mod entrusted to keep control contribute nothing to the discussion going on in the thread at all and I sincerely hope you come to realize this. Can you explain to me how does that statement enhance or promote the use of the forum, What is the old saying "let him without sin cast the first stone" I believe. Best wishes to you and good luck.

Last edited:
Smokestack since you are here now can you tell me why Truxforever was banned.

Since it's obvious that you won't get an intellectual reply from smokestack, I'll give my/Docker's opinion on this whole ordeal Papajohn. First you have abfer, a condescending, rude, obnoxious, arrogant, lily-livered member who feels he's above having to explain any and all of his inappropriate actions. That includes warnings, bannings, closing and deleting threads and posts. Even those who he, himself initiated and instigated, just like sending his sneaky sarcastic PMs that he likes to send to members to instigate a banning. Just another one of your low life tactics. That's right abfer, I got yours, so I'm replying openly, not sneaking around trying to play an innocent in all of this.

Then you have upnorth, who didn't even have anything to do with Muler's banning, he wrestles up a BS explanation that it was something Muler said in a PM that got him banned. That's nice, something Muler said to abfer, not him mind you, in a PM. I guess that PMs aren't personal messages on TB, just messages that can end up getting freely discussed as a means to an end. How bout this scenario, Hey Fred, I banned Joe because he said something I didn't appreciate in a PM.

Now we arrive at Trux's downfall. As we can clearly see by Trux's post...abfer initiated a PM to Trux, probably in his usual condescending, rude, obnoxious, and arrogant manner. In which, Trux does the smart thing, doesn't engage in PM's knowing that is how Muler ended up getting banned. He just states his honest opinion in a respectful post so nothing can be made up about what one said in a PM. But that still doesn't help, he still gets banned, this time without even an explanation by upnorth, let alone ABFer.

Then here comes smokestack, posting nothing but a ridiculous childish 'duh' smiley. When asked to state a reason why Trux was banned, he takes the fifth just like abfer and upnorth.

Banning is abfer's and apparently TB's way when they can't face up to criticisms, derogatory or unflattering remarks and opinions.

Now comes abfer revealing his true motivations and how he intends to run TB from now on. Von opens an Opinion and Thank You thread at the same time. He closes the Opinion thread but leaves the Thank You thread open. That's right, he makes it a point to leave Von's Thank You thread open but closes his Opinion thread. His thank you's are sure appreciated and open for discussion but his opinions are not wanted and thus not open for discussion. That dumb ass just proved Von's point and doesn't even know it. Notice how he replies then closes the thread to make sure no one else can state their opinion or rebut his...nice if I do say so myself! He's now taking it upon himself and actually dictating what topics will or will not be discussed on the forum. And closing that Opinion thread clearly sends the message that opinions are not wanted or will be tolerated, except his of course. He takes it upon himself to scrutinize and then regulate member's opinions and is as bias as they come when it comes to who says what and to whom. Sorry, I got off topic here but I would of put this on the Opinion thread but as anyone can see, that was closed.

Like Dave Grossman stated, an American author who has specialized in the study of the psychology, Most people are sheep. Grossman isn’t using the term pejoratively, he’s simply referring to the fact that most human beings are kind, gentle, and peaceful. The conflicts and ethical dilemmas they’re regularly faced with rarely rise to the level of life and death, good versus evil. For the most part people deal with
challenges that are more annoyances than true crises. And when faced with conflict, they generally try to do the right thing, avoid making waves, and demonstrate pro-social behavior.

All I can say is that if the members don't mind being on an over moderated... bias forum which they can't say one cross word to the authoritarian type Mods... then all the power to them. I do realize that many members actually do agree with that because of their own bias which the Mods rescue when they get in over their head but for those who do realize this and say nothing now because at the moment... they're not the ones that have to walk on egg shells and have all their posts scrutinized... simply because of any one particular Mod's personal dislike. All I can say to those members is... don't worry... give it time because sooner or later you will post something that they will take a personal dislike to and then you will find yourself in the same boat as many before you did. Oh... I know the saying... why rock the boat now... it doesn't have anything to do with you at this time. But also remember this well known poem...'First they came for the Jews and I did not speak out because I was not a Jew'! Because this is exact successful strategy used by our companies and leadership to divide and conquer the Rank and File... thus getting away with implementing :shit:ty contracts and now being used to destroy our pensions.

Now I'll end this post by using Muler's well known signature... STAND FOR WHAT IS RIGHT OR BEND OVER FOR WHAT YOU DESERVE!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.