Central Alabama firing squad

They are firing at an alarming rate beware if you are interested in being hired here. Veteran drivers seem to be the target.

Why are they firing so many KOP? Is it getting slow? Thats a good thing about a union, they have to have good cause to can a guy, not just because you have a personality conflict with some member of mgmt.

I'd love to hear what their reasons for firing them are.

I know at our house, besides being union; it's so hard to fund people willing to throw 165+ cases an hour a live body is usually left alone. There has to have been something very serious happen for them to fire is...

"Violation of probation " is the best, getting hurt, fender bender, personal conflicts, drive cam, and so many others to many to list. Many of these drivers have over 12 years time invested

There are many unwritten rules: no eating or drinking while driving. No Blu tooth, cb radio or handheld radio ,tons of perfered work methods of "cants" very little cans.

I'm sorry but no one or no company will tell me I can't eat or drink. CB radio? To me that's not distracting but having someone ride with me is very distracting. Sysco can go screw themselves.

Well the problem is Alabama is not a right to work state, they can fire you for tying your shoes wrong. They other problem is they are not union. So petty rules are made and the driver has no say so or protection.

Well the problem is Alabama is not a right to work state, they can fire you for tying your shoes wrong. They other problem is they are not union. So petty rules are made and the driver has no say so or protection.

Right to work has nothing to do with how they can fire you. There is HR, the labor board, although its not the labor board, its called something else, non union folks have avenues, just not many know about it or are willing to go there, it takes time. As for the right to work thing, your thinking of AT WILL, they even made me sign that but its not worth the paper its written on, it would be if I was non union.

I hope things get better KOP, I really do, there must be alot of people in Bamma that wanna work and work hard, they still gotta have people.