SAIA | Central Dispatch

Just ATL? And what kind of trouble are you referring to? The amount of time it take to get a live human being, or being switched to 2 or more dispatchers or.........?

It would be nice if when one punches the number 0 on the IVR the computer would recognize it the FIRST time.

Saia is way behind in the times. Central dispatch runs like a take out window at hardies. They will ask you for all those numbers you just sent spending 3 minutes on your personal cell phone then go ahead and transfer you back to I V R To Punch in all those numbers all over again. You waist a lot of your time dealing with this Issue. I worked there long enough to realize that Saia is back in the stone age. I now for a ltl co. that you dispatch once when you leave and that is it. At Conway freight you dispatch at their terminals by a computer in that particular terminal that you are coming or going from,(very professional) Saia does pay very competitively but needs to hire more professional, Intelligent personal(management) so they can compete with the Big Guns. Central dispatch is like watching the movie dum and dummer. Most of the smarter drivers do not waist there time dispatching in and out, they just Irv (Dispatch) With in mind using their own personal cell phones while in route. That is a good safety practice punching in 30 plus numbers while you are driving. Saia wake up.

Central dispatch = HUH?

NightZone,

You are right about those issues and comparisons. Among the reasons for using cell phones to arrive oneself is that not only does somebody somewhere want to know where the freight is, but also those runs are measured time wise and the pressure is on to make us run within the allotted time. Saving a few seconds or minutes here or there just so the computer record reflects a timely arrival is called coverin yer anatomy.
I've seen guys get on the yard and go straight to the phone and time clock before ever disposing of their equipment. When that occurs then the whole purpose of arriving in a timely manner goes out the window.

Most of the time the IVR system works fine. Sometime problems arise when the dispatch occurrs without :

(1) the driver being assigned on that particular run doesn't have the run set up in the computer[that seems to happen to me frequently].

(2) An unannounced change in the run and one is not contacted by central dispatch until the arrival at the destination or attempting to depart using the IVR. Example: I've gone to Term A with the expectation of going to Term B (per instructions from dispatcher at beginning point) and in an attempt to depart using the IVR that "I'm sorry...we cannot process your dispatch at this time, please hold while connect you to Central Dispatch..." message comes on and then the driver has to tell the dispatcher what happened.

(3)the dispatcher at the beginning point only sets up one leg of the run in the computer and the remainder has to be done by central dispatch. Again: A to B to ?

I seriously doubt that the company would allow us any more access to the company computer system than we have now. That would be too forward thinking.

As long as they are measuring the run times with a view towards driver performance and using that as a discipline tool, yes one might reasonably expect to be using a cell phone driving down the street arriving oneself instead of waiting until parking the truck and having it done in the terminal. Unless the destination terminal arrives the driver at the gate.

BE Real you have been here long enough

Come on the entire system is out of wack and you know it, I talked to Dog that runs out of JCY the other day and his terminal manager has been cheating on everything since day one, made presidents club and got special car cheating, has been through 4 supervisors and going through another,central knows terminal manager cheats and does nothing, Regional knows terminal manager cheats and does nothing thats what is wrong with whole company, can't face the truth then start makeing corrections, equitment is bad, but on paper as Rick O'dell put it some of the best, load average is costing company who knows how much but I would say in millions, not because of light loads but because of trying to accomplish it, you guys know what I am talking about, have a good day have to go to work and cheat.:biglaugh: :hysterical:

b s

:hide: well if terminal manager or outbound backs you up in computer it will mess with running time and central disp knows and is involved in changing drivers dispatch after you have left I dont know what area most on here drive in but here in east things are getting pretty bad

Does that mean that your departure times have been changed to reflect an earlier departure time?

That would affect the anticipated arrival time at the destination. If the tm or outbound supervisor changes the times they are covering their anatomies because the trailers weren't cut early enough to make the scheduled departure time.

And, boys and girls, that comes as result of trying to add more freight to the trailers to increase the load factor.

And again, that comes because p&d comes in late because they were late picking up because the route deliveries were too heavy because they wanted to get as many deliveries on the trailer as possible by combining delivery routes so the driver doesn't get a lunch break until finished for the day and so on and so on and so on.................

IE: for those who ain't with the program that spells GRIEVANCE!!!$$$$

I just got where I didn't care whether or not the freight made the cut time. I became numbers driven, too. My numbers like I ain't given the slobs the pleasure of 30 minutes in the break room. It still cost the company the same amount of money whether or not I took my break on the street or they paid me for it. I wasn't about to pay the company ten dollars for the priveledge of not getting a lunch break.

Saia is way behind in the times. Central dispatch runs like a take out window at hardies. They will ask you for all those numbers you just sent spending 3 minutes on your personal cell phone then go ahead and transfer you back to I V R To Punch in all those numbers all over again. You waist a lot of your time dealing with this Issue. I worked there long enough to realize that Saia is back in the stone age. I now for a ltl co. that you dispatch once when you leave and that is it. At Conway freight you dispatch at their terminals by a computer in that particular terminal that you are coming or going from,(very professional) Saia does pay very competitively but needs to hire more professional, Intelligent personal(management) so they can compete with the Big Guns. Central dispatch is like watching the movie dum and dummer. Most of the smarter drivers do not waist there time dispatching in and out, they just Irv (Dispatch) With in mind using their own personal cell phones while in route. That is a good safety practice punching in 30 plus numbers while you are driving. Saia wake up.
drivers at Dugan used a computer to arrive and dispatch themselves.It asked you if you want to dispatch to next dest. and you put "Y"

no a computer didn't put them out of buisness you ****ing idiot!!! since you guys never used the computer you have no buisness talking about it. it,s much better than trying to call dispatch Satuday morning at a dark terminal.All you piece of ::shit:: drivers do is complain.then you want to talk ::shit::.It doesnt matter where dugan is right now. the thing that matters is i'm trying to give you a solution to your ****ing whinning and crying and you dont want to here it you piece of ::shit:::butt kiss:

You know I really don't mean to be a smart ***. but damn, you guys sure are.That really wasn't nice of me and I appologise.But I think you had it coming. So take my appology for what it's worth and stick where the sun don't shine ROGER