Estes | Central dispatch

OVERDOSE

TB Lurker
Credits
IS IT MY IMAGINATION FOR PAST YEAR HAS CENTERAL PICKED UP AN ATTITUDE TOWORDS US LINHAULE DRIVERS AND TEAMS ITS LIKE THERE TRYING TO RUN US OFF AND IF THATS THE CASE WELL THEN THEY SHOULD GO EAT A BAG OFshitshit

I doubt they would care if they ran us off. Especially the geritol crew. I think they are just under more pressure these days. They can't just tell us to grab an empty anymore.

New man about to take over at linehaul dispatch..Jim M. is about to retire..That's where these ideas are coming from..I think December 31st is his retirement date..

they got the big picture. Sit for 17 hours then run empties.

Or go nowhere... Do nothing.. Wait for them to call on your Sunday to run and ruin your family time.... This BS for those who are having to run an extra Sunday,IMO... If they knew how to hire folks, they wouldn't be having to run an extra Sunday....

yep. If we had trainers who knew how to train to. To many of these new hires dropping their rear pups. That's the advantage of hooking your own set. We do a pre trip.

I've seen 5 and 10 year guys walk out,crank the truck and leave, never flip the placards or bump a tire.... I just shake my head ans say,"I hope they can mortgage the house"...

Or go nowhere... Do nothing.. Wait for them to call on your Sunday to run and ruin your family time.... This BS for those who are having to run an extra Sunday,IMO... If they knew how to hire folks, they wouldn't be having to run an extra Sunday....

Well the way they do things around here with Seniority is enough for people not to come to work here..

Well the way they do things around here with Seniority is enough for people not to come to work here..

Seniority means something at some barns, others, not a thing.... I've seen this company go from one the best ones to work for, to mediocre... "We're not the good 'ol boy trucking company anymore".....lol

Seniority means something at some barns, others, not a thing.... I've seen this company go from one the best ones to work for, to mediocre... "We're not the good 'ol boy trucking company anymore".....lol

I had a human relations person tell me one day " we r not a family business anymore , we r a corporation" that was the response I got when I brought up seniority

I had a human relations person tell me one day " we r not a family business anymore , we r a corporation" that was the response I got when I brought up seniority

I made a comment at the ATL terminal, around the time they were in the process of taking over GI.. I said,"You watch, a soon as they take over GI, this company will change for the worse, in some aspects".. I think I was right...

Central Dispatch, dispatched better when we first took over GI.. Now they haven't got a clue.. Just like running the extra Sunday.. Why should a driver have to sit around the house all day Sunday, to never get a call.. By Saturday noon, they should know everything extra that they have, and the driver could be called Saturday afternoon and advised whether he will be needed or not... That way, both CD and the driver will be set up for Sunday.. We're already on a 7 day dispatch anyway... They're making things harder on themselves, and the driver... No one should be a slave to company, not the company to the employee.. They are creating both... I like my job here, always have, but it's time they come up to the times or they will suffer....

Why should a Extra Board guy have to go out extra, We got guys and gals at this company on little 3 to 400 mile Hub runs don't even work a dock at all then they send out a Extra Board guy first, believe me I know for a fact, getting my Linehaul time back was a pain in the buttocks when they started this crap! I work enough just sittin around waiting on things to happen...

Why should a Extra Board guy have to go out extra, We got guys and gals at this company on little 3 to 400 mile Hub runs don't even work a dock at all then they send out a Extra Board guy first, believe me I know for a fact, getting my Linehaul time back was a pain in the buttocks when they started this crap! I work enough just sittin around waiting on things to happen...

And you will continue to sit and wait, until the ELOGS come out... They are not going to be able to sit you too long, you'll run out of time... Then you get screwed on miles, but the fact of the matter, if they still make drivers sit and wait, and don't have the drivers to move it, it will pile up like sand on these yards...So they better start practicing moving drivers like we are on ELOGS or they'll get caught with their britches down.... Like always...

Jim L seem annoyed when I called in tonight (extra day) and told him all I could do is a turn, apparently he needed me to stay out. I don't understand why extra board drivers are required to stay out 6 days, I don't like the extra day but I get it, yet they can't ask me to stay out one more day