Yellow | Central Dispatching

thegr8one

TB Regular
Credits
Who thinks central dispatching is the way to the future? Talking to alot of fellow roadway drivers who are making a ton of money on central's mistakes. Every day hearing drivers are sitting in motels waiting to pick -up hours. Doesn't make sense when you tell them your low on hours,and they still dispatch you farther from home . My opinion ever terminal know's what needs to be done so why create something thats not broken.

Being retired now, I'm out of the loop. How does central dispatch work? Is it only extra board in the hotel, or is it at home also? And is it everywhere, and where are "they" located.........thanx

Central dispatch are two people in a cubical in Akron looking at the same computer screen as the local co-ordinator and telling the co-ordinator where to run the freight and the empties. The local co-ordinator can peak on the dock, see the freight, use his/her experience and react faster than some geek in AGO who has never be to (insert your terminal here).

Then again, maybe I just don't get the "big picture".

Being retired now, I'm out of the loop. How does central dispatch work? Is it only extra board in the hotel, or is it at home also? And is it everywhere, and where are "they" located.........thanx

whats up bigR?

nothing has really changed except for the names... is it central dispatch or network control??

you haven't been out of the line of fire that long

axle:smilie_132:

c u in a few days if i am not canceled its off to 671

Axle, good to talk to you. Been gone since 4-06, don't think I would know how to drive one any more. I really don't miss it at all (the work part), but I do miss alot of the guys I knew and ran with from all over the country. Take care on your run down south......

ds i have to say its been a good run to 671. everyone has treated me well.. :1036316054:

thanks

bigR i think you still can teach us all a few things.. talked to pathfinder and he is slacking off on his skating. maybe a call for encouragement????

ds i have to say its been a good run to 671. everyone has treated me well.. :1036316054:

thanks

bigR i think you still can teach us all a few things.. talked to pathfinder and he is slacking off on his skating. maybe a call for encouragement????

Probably burnt up a set of wheel bearings chasing those 20 year olds around the park.:hysterical:

Any truth to the word about Ted P.? God, I hope not, really nice guy.

i was wondering why he did the upgrade on the wheels. knew there was something behind it :biglaugh:

but on the down side from what i have heard it's true. i can't think of anyone he didn't get along with. just short of retirement too. but you know what they say it ain't over till the fat lady sings and maybe some of these doctors can be proved wrong.

take care
axle