Central Drivers

worked 27 years for central
Still in LTL?

I've been here a year, and I only came here until I found better opportunities. But now I like it here and have really been making some changes and posting good numbers.

I'm staying for a while, most likely, and seeing how things play out.

Still in LTL?

I've been here a year, and I only came here until I found better opportunities. But now I like it here and have really been making some changes and posting good numbers.

I'm staying for a while, most likely, and seeing how things play out.
No not still in ltl driveing fuel truck now in 2003 my job they decided they didt need a dock foreman so i was layed off stayed off about a month went to work for roadway worked for them 6 yrs then yellow bought them and terminal was closed layed off again that was 2009 went to work driveing fuel truck in 2010 Central was a good company when i started in 1997 but over the yrs in 2000s they got some bad mangement but what i hear from friends still there they got there act together now i am glad they have i had lots of greats yrs with them

No not still in ltl driveing fuel truck now in 2003 my job they decided they didt need a dock foreman so i was layed off stayed off about a month went to work for roadway worked for them 6 yrs then yellow bought them and terminal was closed layed off again that was 2009 went to work driveing fuel truck in 2010 Central was a good company when i started in 1997 but over the yrs in 2000s they got some bad mangement but what i hear from friends still there they got there act together now i am glad they have i had lots of greats yrs with them

Dang, man you've had some bad luck, but it sounds like you're a survivor! Good to hear!

Congrats to the Central drivers who got a nice bump in pay. Y'all certainly deserve it!

In South Carolina, we're told the bump was $3.00, topping out at $24.50. :1036316054:

Question: Was this bump the same nationwide or did it vary by location?

Congrats to the Central drivers who got a nice bump in pay. Y'all certainly deserve it!

In South Carolina, we're told the bump was $3.00, topping out at $24.50. :1036316054:

Question: Was this bump the same nationwide or did it vary by location?

I suppose this it probably Central Transport?we don't have any terminals out that way. Is it CT? They acquired Vitran, they are yellow and red, usually yellow sterling tractors.

I work for Central Freight Lines, HQ is in Waco, TX, which is our predominate area of operation, however we have expanded quite a bit throughout a lot of the U.S.

We are in white tractors with green lettering.

Additionally, our top pay varies by location. Fort Worth, which generates 30% of company revenue, has a top pay of 21.10 with OT after 50.

No raises any time soon, I believe, because of how much money the company is paying out in claims due to dock turnover. This is just my guess.

Usually when your company constantly talks about how much money they are paying in claims and accident/injuries, I figure they are providing a reason for why they won't pay you.

I suppose this it probably Central Transport?we don't have any terminals out that way. Is it CT? They acquired Vitran, they are yellow and red, usually yellow sterling tractors.

I work for Central Freight Lines, HQ is in Waco, TX, which is our predominate area of operation, however we have expanded quite a bit throughout a lot of the U.S.

We are in white tractors with green lettering.
:poster oops: My bad. Yes, it is Central Transport I was speaking of. Didn't mean to stir the pot, but it does seem that there are many companies dragging their feet, in terms of compensation. With Central Transport stepping up, it shows that some are beginning to see the light. Finally...

Thanks for the clarification :1036316054:

:poster oops: My bad. Yes, it is Central Transport I was speaking of. Didn't mean to stir the pot, but it does seem that there are many companies dragging their feet, in terms of compensation. With Central Transport stepping up, it shows that some are beginning to see the light. Finally...

Thanks for the clarification :1036316054:
It's a big deal every time this happens. Progress, however slow it may be, is what we need.