ODFL | Central Freight buyout

cindig

TB Lurker
Credits
Just read on the Central Freight trucking board site that they ere bought out by OD. This would give you guys a pretty big footprint out west. Anyone heard anything?

Just read on the Central Freight trucking board site that they ere bought out by OD. This would give you guys a pretty big footprint out west. Anyone heard anything?

We thinks this is just made up to stimulate conversation. But yeah that would probably quadruple ODs west operations.

Just input,from what i have read over the last year on Central is they are up to their neck in debt.They sold most of their buildings to a J Moyes Property company last year before actually selling the company to him and they stopped buying new trucks and trailers.So their equipment is older and the company does not own their buildings.They haul their freight cheaper than most other carriers in the area.I don't see OD buying them.It would cost more than it is worth.I read this off the yahoo boards before they changed formats and now it is not a worthless board.

I heard talks about this rumor a few years ago and nothing has changed with cefl,still in debt up to their eyeballs and now the swift guy took most of the control over them now along with swift.That ship is sinking fast in my opinion and nobody wants to jump onboard.He also bought up all of swift's stocks and privatized them again,don't know what the deal will be with cefl on that?

Saw the same thing, but I like this headline better!

Door-to-Door Transportation Services Between China & The U.S. Extensive Coverage To Service All Major Markets

This blosters my theory that one day FedEx and UPS will be one to do battle with Overseas shipping giants. Out of the West, the German speaking YRC, and out of the East, the Chinese speaking ODFL:)