Holland | Central States Drops Pension Cut Bomb

Under the law, Teamsters are entitled to a retiree representative to the Fund to watchdog for their interests during the pension cut process. But Central States appointed Sue Mauren to be the fund’s retiree representative—a retired official with multiple pensions and close ties to the Hoffa administration. That doesn’t cut it.
That's like having the police investigate the corruption within their own police department. Of course, they'll find nothing wrong.

Hoffa was not on the call, nor were any International Union officers.
We shouldn't be surprised with that. They've been asleep at the wheel for a decade, so why worry about this pesky little pension issue at this point.

Is there really time for an independent review? Nyhan says there is no time to delay.
No time for delay.......whatever. Nothing has been done for years about this unfunded liability, but now they want to rush ahead with their **** poor plan before any other alternatives can be checked out. That's typical in today's world of politics. Just ramrod everything through.......if you really don't want to look at alternatives.

We're screwed.

Any ideas on how much guys would get on a distribution?

I think there is around 18,000,000,000 in the fund with around 400,000 members.That would be 45,000 per member.Of course some have 35 years and some have two,but this shows you how terrible the fund is.Most earn more than that in two years.
It would be devastating to those retired and I couldn't take the money in good conscience .

can someone tell me: first am I correct that nothing can be done until the 180 day period is up which would be either May 16th or June 16th? and second that the new law allows them to reduce everyone across the board by 30 percent with almost no questions asked? Thanks!

can someone tell me: first am I correct that nothing can be done until the 180 day period is up which would be either May 16th or June 16th? and second that the new law allows them to reduce everyone across the board by 30 percent with almost no questions asked? Thanks!
Well I hope the **** that goes for the assholes managing this ****ing mess, bastards ought to ****ing hang! For 40 years and all the bull ::shit:: I'm not gonna get ::shit:: worth talking about! Sorry but this ::shit:: makes me crazy to think how bad we are being robbed! Thanks Hoffa to you and all your theiving cronies for filling your pockets up at the expense of thousands of hard working men and women who actually did work for our money!!!

They can do that, if they want to, but the U.S. Treasury would have to approve it. This can be as crazy as some to take 60% cuts, some 30% cuts and 79 -80 years a sliding scale, then over 80 no cuts. Most likely anyone making less that 1200 will not take a cut. Not sure of that. If a teamster retired with a disability pension will receive no cuts. This is all up in the air yet. Our next letter will come again in June or July, That letter will have details to each person, of what will happen to that person. Stay tuned.

They can do that, if they want to, but the U.S. Treasury would have to approve it. This can be as crazy as some to take 60% cuts, some 30% cuts and 79 -80 years a sliding scale, then over 80 no cuts. Most likely anyone making less that 1200 will not take a cut. Not sure of that. If a teamster retired with a disability pension will receive no cuts. This is all up in the air yet. Our next letter will come again in June or July, That letter will have details to each person, of what will happen to that person. Stay tuned.
I get the impression that something will probably happen sooner rather than later....I know it is just a guess, but would you agree?

5, I do agree. The Law has been passed. The Central States has sent a letter, the Central States has made the phone call, town hall meetings. The ink is drying on the letters to be sent out in June or July telling each retiree and maybe the active workers what their personal cut will be. However, I do not hold my breath, but there is a lot of intervention out there. The fund needs help, no doubt about it. The cuts just need to be fair and equal across the board, that is my opinion. Good Luck. The cuts should take place on or before Jan 1, 2016. or there about.

This little :nut kick:to the Teamsters should really make organizing campaigns easy and successful.:nono h4h:
Recruiting is over, they have not cared to do so in the past. The future is bleak to say the best. The government, Obamer signing the law into effect with the spending bill, shows he does not care and that the end of all unions is in sight. There could be uprising's all over the country about this law, when the full effects hit the ones who do not know of it yet. It will be the 30's all over again. Hey, it is just my opinion. Write your Congressmen and Women. They did this to you, not me. I am not meaning this to you Flash, I know you voice your opinion. I am talking in general.