Central States Fund: $15.45 Billion

Discussion in 'YRC Freight' started by Freightmaster1, Aug 3, 2017.

1. Freightmaster1

Freightmaster1 Well-Known Member

http://www.tdu.org/central_states_fund_15_45_billion

The first quarter 2017 Financial and Analytical Report of the Central States Pension Fund shows that it has treaded water over the past 12 months, due to a booming stock market. But that situation cannot last.

[​IMG]

The Quarterly Report of the Independent Special Counsel reflects the seriousness of the situation. In fact, the Fund, on the advice of its fiduciary, Northern Trust Investments, is now decreasing its investments in stocks. This will likely yield lower returns, but should help protect the fund from any potential stock fall, as its assets dwindle in the coming years.

The fund’s $15.45 billion is 48% in stock holdings; last year it was 65%. Over the 12 months ending March 31, 2017, the fund made 12.1% on its investments, due to the fact that 2016 and early 2017 have seen a run-up in stocks. (The fund made 16.6% on its stock holdings in that year.)

[​IMG]
    :kicking:

aztec warrior likes this.
  2. Shutter Down

Shutter Down Active Member

Stock market at all time high so they move money out morons should not of read this now I'm going to take it out on some freight.:poster oops:

3. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Record territory for the stock market and we pull out of the game! Can't wait to see the bounce if tax reform passes.

4. bigtruk_us

bigtruk_us Well-Known Member

It looks to me like a scam.Just saying.You would think that while stock market is hot you'd kind of keep rollin.But that hedge fund operator Scaramouchi is back out there so it's better to be cautious.i guess

5. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

You are a complete ass. And you are full of :shit:.

6. mysticobra

mysticobra Just here.

My 401 has increased grocery money in it. May not be for long. But it sure is nice to hear my total in there over the phone!

aztec warrior and Havoc like this.
  7. dreambecamenightmare

dreambecamenightmare Active Member

I hesitate reading any info on cspf. Their actions seem to be azzbackwards. Work all your life just to be screwed. Sick of it.

aztec warrior and bigtruk_us like this.
  8. wongway

wongway -15% Pay & Broke Pension Fund

Think of the money they would have in there IF Hoffa didn't let UPS out of the fund !! DUH Hoffa !!

aztec warrior and bigtruk_us like this.
  9. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

Think of the money you would have in the bank if you put them weekly contributions away in your name for 20,30,or for some of us 40 years $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

10. Shutter Down

Shutter Down Active Member

If they would of just let Yrc go out of business we would of been lock in the old plan and no cuts no age restrictions that right from Tyson. I come in to reep havoc even the old hostlers don't even pretrip for drivers anymore the just walk around for the camera and put it on the line after a hour and half hook. It's time we do the screwing because we can never screw them like they screwed us. If you want to come in and work more power to you. You never get back what you give up never never ever.
    And for you Yrc-ATM I am not doing anything productive and they can't make me. I have seen fighting, sleeping and stealing time and there still right beside me every day. My eyes are not like they use to be and I just can't seem to fine them skid runners but I can hear the cracking and bending of freight music to my ears.

#dontgetmadgeteven

11. yrc-atm

yrc-atm commodities relocator

Bragging about destroying other people's property. Something to be proud of. What are you 7 years old?

12. wongway

Ok , some of you Expert guys on here , can help & correct me with this Math problem , So IF IF IF they was putting that full weekly pension contribution in a 401-K or Bank CD of say just 3% growth how much would each one of us have after 30years ?? and plus we would have control over it not Nyhan & Hoffa !! and plus they would have been saving money not paying Nyhan !!

13. Bart

Bart Well-Known Member

There are to many variables for a simple answer! With that being said given the large amount of contributions given to CSPF and a reasonable return on investment one could safely say you would be a millionaire and quite possibly a multi-millionaire!

aztec warrior and wongway like this.
  14. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

Like Bart said, too many variables to give you a quick answer. First off, the weekly pension contributions have varied over the thirty years. If you can provide a table of the actual contribution values and when they were in effect it might be possible to give you an approximate answer.

blackjack41 and aztec warrior like this.
  15. BIG R GUY

BIG R GUY Last, bag standing

Woulda, coulda,shoulda... if the union had monitored the Wall Street clowns in charge of the fund back in the 90's,something should have been done then, and not when the roof is caving in like it is now....

16. Triplex

Triplex Experienced stalker

Wong, just to give an example: If you put $50 per week into an account paying 3% interest, after 30 years you'd have about $126,000 in the account. That amount left in that 3% account would get you monthly payments of about $700 for 20 years before it's gone.

aztec warrior and wongway like this.
  17. wongway

Agree and that's my point is If it was put into a personal 401-K account we all would have money to retire on !!

aztec warrior and silent trucker like this.
  18. mud

mud Wonderin'

This is something you could of, and can still be doing on your own.

aztec warrior and silent trucker like this.
  19. dreambecamenightmare

dreambecamenightmare Active Member

Let's see. Company 15%, 401K 15%. That's living on 17 hr.

20. wongway

True , but that was what the Teamster's talked up over the years was the pension !