Yellow | Central States Fund: $15.45 Billion

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
http://www.tdu.org/central_states_fund_15_45_billion

The first quarter 2017 Financial and Analytical Report of the Central States Pension Fund shows that it has treaded water over the past 12 months, due to a booming stock market. But that situation cannot last.

financial_report_2_thumb.jpg

The Quarterly Report of the Independent Special Counsel reflects the seriousness of the situation. In fact, the Fund, on the advice of its fiduciary, Northern Trust Investments, is now decreasing its investments in stocks. This will likely yield lower returns, but should help protect the fund from any potential stock fall, as its assets dwindle in the coming years.

The fund’s $15.45 billion is 48% in stock holdings; last year it was 65%. Over the 12 months ending March 31, 2017, the fund made 12.1% on its investments, due to the fact that 2016 and early 2017 have seen a run-up in stocks. (The fund made 16.6% on its stock holdings in that year.)

DC2H6cQ.jpg

:kicking:

Record territory for the stock market and we pull out of the game! Can't wait to see the bounce if tax reform passes.

It looks to me like a scam.Just saying.You would think that while stock market is hot you'd kind of keep rollin.But that hedge fund operator Scaramouchi is back out there so it's better to be cautious.i guess

Think of the money they would have in there IF Hoffa didn't let UPS out of the fund !! DUH Hoffa !!
Think of the money you would have in the bank if you put them weekly contributions away in your name for 20,30,or for some of us 40 years $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

If they would of just let Yrc go out of business we would of been lock in the old plan and no cuts no age restrictions that right from Tyson. I come in to reep havoc even the old hostlers don't even pretrip for drivers anymore the just walk around for the camera and put it on the line after a hour and half hook. It's time we do the screwing because we can never screw them like they screwed us. If you want to come in and work more power to you. You never get back what you give up never never ever.
And for you Yrc-ATM I am not doing anything productive and they can't make me. I have seen fighting, sleeping and stealing time and there still right beside me every day. My eyes are not like they use to be and I just can't seem to fine them skid runners but I can hear the cracking and bending of freight music to my ears.

#dontgetmadgeteven

If they would of just let Yrc go out of business we would of been lock in the old plan and no cuts no age restrictions that right from Tyson. I come in to reep havoc even the old hostlers don't even pretrip for drivers anymore the just walk around for the camera and put it on the line after a hour and half hook. It's time we do the screwing because we can never screw them like they screwed us. If you want to come in and work more power to you. You never get back what you give up never never ever.
And for you Yrc-ATM I am not doing anything productive and they can't make me. I have seen fighting, sleeping and stealing time and there still right beside me every day. My eyes are not like they use to be and I just can't seem to fine them skid runners but I can hear the cracking and bending of freight music to my ears.

#dontgetmadgeteven
Bragging about destroying other people's property. Something to be proud of. What are you 7 years old?

Ok , some of you Expert guys on here , can help & correct me with this Math problem , So IF IF IF they was putting that full weekly pension contribution in a 401-K or Bank CD of say just 3% growth how much would each one of us have after 30years ?? and plus we would have control over it not Nyhan & Hoffa !! and plus they would have been saving money not paying Nyhan !!

Ok , some of you Expert guys on here , can help & correct me with this Math problem , So IF IF IF they was putting that full weekly pension contribution in a 401-K or Bank CD of say just 3% growth how much would each one of us have after 30years ?? and plus we would have control over it not Nyhan & Hoffa !! and plus they would have been saving money not paying Nyhan !!
There are to many variables for a simple answer! With that being said given the large amount of contributions given to CSPF and a reasonable return on investment one could safely say you would be a millionaire and quite possibly a multi-millionaire!

There are to many variables for a simple answer! With that being said given the large amount of contributions given to CSPF and a reasonable return on investment one could safely say you would be a millionaire and quite possibly a multi-millionaire!

Like Bart said, too many variables to give you a quick answer. First off, the weekly pension contributions have varied over the thirty years. If you can provide a table of the actual contribution values and when they were in effect it might be possible to give you an approximate answer.

Like Bart said, too many variables to give you a quick answer. First off, the weekly pension contributions have varied over the thirty years. If you can provide a table of the actual contribution values and when they were in effect it might be possible to give you an approximate answer.

Wong, just to give an example: If you put $50 per week into an account paying 3% interest, after 30 years you'd have about $126,000 in the account. That amount left in that 3% account would get you monthly payments of about $700 for 20 years before it's gone.

Agree and that's my point is If it was put into a personal 401-K account we all would have money to retire on !!