ABF | Central States Pension Financial Update

Retirees of bankrupt companies (CF, Preston, ANR) will take a 15-20% hair cut next year. If you are a retiree from ABF you will not take a hit on your pension.

My only opinion is just keeping voting Republican at least they say to your face they are going to screw the working man and then follow through with it!

Snark, where did you hear this? What the president (Randy Brown) of Local 728 told us at the January union meeting was that nothing regarding our pension had been decided and that nothing would be decided for at least a year.

Please don't run off EX396. I like the person and his arguments are logical and interesting. As adults I think we can take a little criticism and disagreement from people. How are we going to give people a choice of union or non-union if we run them off because they do not agree with our choices?
What is PM?

L
Please don't run off EX396. I like the person and his arguments are logical and interesting. As adults I think we can take a little criticism and disagreement from people. How are we going to give people a choice of union or non-union if we run them off because they do not agree with our choices?
What is PM?[/QUOTE

A debate is one thing but with ex he always hates and never says anything that is in any way positive. We have debates and disagreements he always hates and that is the difference.

You and I know how to read and get facts we see both the good and bad in them. He only post the bad. I believe he is on the FedEx board spreading union hate post. Feel free to just follow him around and see just how much he hates what you stand for. He is know as a TROLL

What is PM?
PM =private message, here it's called a conversation. Upper right corner under inbox "start a conversation", enter the recipient's name and send them a message. I don't think that he wants to converse with you, he's anti-union and just wants to blare his message over his keyboard. If it was a good healthy conversation it would have been a different story. I believe we are all good with one of those.

I just try to let folks discus whatever they want to as long as they're civil. And those of us at ABF can stand our own against the others. But I feel like I even give a little extra leeway and should have sent ex396 packing a while ago.

Snark, where did you hear this? What the president (Randy Brown) of Local 728 told us at the January union meeting was that nothing regarding our pension had been decided and that nothing would be decided for at least a year.

Talked to our BA after the January meeting. All the Locals had a conference call on pension changes. However, he said nothing is going to change until sometime next year, and the changes have not been finalized yet.

I would like to know how many teamster MEPF companies have been allowed to go thru bankruptcy by federal bankruptcy judges since deregulation without paying their withdrawal liabilities and paying their creditors first until funds were depleted. I know it has happened, I just don't know how many of the dozens and dozens did this. That has to be a contributing factor to the funds problems. I am in the WCTPF, but I assure you that none of us are safe from this mess. My fund has invested in treasury securities that mature at different times to cover retiree demands, but if the financial bubble bursts again, and it WILL, then we will all be looking at cuts. The mechanisms are now in place.

I would like to know how many teamster MEPF companies have been allowed to go thru bankruptcy by federal bankruptcy judges since deregulation without paying their withdrawal liabilities and paying their creditors first until funds were depleted. I know it has happened, I just don't know how many of the dozens and dozens did this. That has to be a contributing factor to the funds problems. I am in the WCTPF, but I assure you that none of us are safe from this mess. My fund has invested in treasury securities that mature at different times to cover retiree demands, but if the financial bubble bursts again, and it WILL, then we will all be looking at cuts. The mechanisms are now in place.

Your right, they are part of the reason the funds are in trouble...but IMO there is a company still operating that did not pay in for 2 years, and now only paying in at 25% for the next 8 years while their employees are still collecting all their good years at full rate at age 65, and people wonder why the funds are in trouble. Company's that was closed down, their members pension's were paid in full till their company's was closed. Their members had no choice or could not vote, while this other company voted 5 times allowing their company pension relieve. This to me is a bigger problem!!!

The Government, Wall Street, Banks, IBT, and the Company's are the one's that are responsible for what has happen to our pension funds. NOT THE RETIREE'S

Your right, they are part of the reason the funds are in trouble...but IMO there is a company still operating that did not pay in for 2 years, and now only paying in at 25% for the next 8 years while their employees are still collecting all their good years at full rate at age 65, and people wonder why the funds are in trouble. Company's that was closed down, their members pension's were paid in full till their company's was closed. Their members had no choice or could not vote, while this other company voted 5 times allowing their company pension relieve. This to me is a bigger problem!!!

The Government, Wall Street, Banks, IBT, and the Company's are the one's that are responsible for what has happen to our pension funds. NOT THE RETIREE'S
Yea but we're at the bottom of the hill and we all know that old saying about how ::shit:: flows...

Yea but we're at the bottom of the hill and we all know that old saying about how :::shit::: flows...
Are you saying the little symbol in you post is indicative of Human Body Solid Waste, aka ::shit::? von.

Last edited by a moderator: