Yellow | Central States Pension Fund Rescue Plan

I agree with his post. I see it as well thought out, well articulated and spot on.
Here's to a long and prosperous life for all. :guiness::grouphug:
I think we we're all already aware that if I said the sky is blue that you'd be posting that I'm organizing a sky needs to be green conspiracy party....:duel::hilarious:.

Hi Guys,
Does anyone have the names/addresses of the Board of Trustees for the Pension Rescue Fund?
I know we are supposed to send our input to the Teamster Rep, but I would prefer to send the same letter of input to all of the board, whether they read it or not.

On another note, I read the Teamsters and Kroger's are considering a deal to buy out the pension (similar to the deal with UPS and Teamsters) I didn't realize Kroger's had so many workers. We no longer have one in our area and the last time I saw one was in NE Texas.
https://www.tdu.org/issues/pension-and-benefits

I received my yearly letter and check this past week from the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust.
I am posting this just for the sake of comparing this fund with the CSPF.
For 2014 the Western Teamsters Pension Fund was 90.7% funded. For 2015 it is projected to be 91.9% funded. Every
year the Western Teamsters issues what we call the 13th. pension check for the year. This year I received $179.30.

I received my yearly letter and check this past week from the Western Conference of Teamsters Pension Trust.
I am posting this just for the sake of comparing this fund with the CSPF.
For 2014 the Western Teamsters Pension Fund was 90.7% funded. For 2015 it is projected to be 91.9% funded. Every
year the Western Teamsters issues what we call the 13th. pension check for the year. This year I received $179.30.
Why is there such a big difference of results between the two pension funds ? The Western Teamsters is not the only Teamster pension fund that is doing so much better then the CSPF. And what happen to the six billion dollars UPS paid to exit the CSPF ?

Last edited:
Reactions: ESP
One of the big difference between Western and Central was through the years Western received pension payments on UPS parcel part time employees. Central States did not. Also, a third party always administered Western vs the Teamster administered Central States. Or so I've been told.
I looked at the 2014 form 5500 and added up the total wages at the Chicago Headquarters for the Pension fund over $23 million and over 400 employees. What cuts will they make? Why can't CS SE SW be managed by Western. Too much money has been lost, wasted etc. They have invested our money in Chicago and IL bonds which are now junk status. Who is Arthur Bunte Jr and why does he get a $32334 fee as a trustee? How come other trustees only got $10000 each?

Let's cut the crap after 30 years of a failing Cental States Pension fund, and all of the excuses, we keep voting the same morons in that have stuck it to us forever. Elect a pension board that would be held accountable, not the appointed one we have. Political opinions aside, the over 60 million the Teamsters spend on politics every year could really bail out the fund. if we we stay in this industry, we can plan on working until we die.

The least they
Let's cut the crap after 30 years of a failing Cental States Pension fund, and all of the excuses, we keep voting the same morons in that have stuck it to us forever. Elect a pension board that would be held accountable, not the appointed one we have. Political opinions aside, the over 60 million the Teamsters spend on politics every year could really bail out the fund. if we we stay in this industry, we can plan on working until we die.

The least they could do is give us some dates instead of saying ..... "sometime this summer, we will be able to share specific information about a rescue plan and how it would impact our participants’ pension benefits.. Well, how about a date on when & how they define an orphan, letting the people who are orphans know, the date when you will have the plan uploaded to the Federal Register for comments, etc. They know what they want to do, put it out there for us to see. The good, bad and ugly.

As far as the politicians, I wish there was a movement in America where we had a constituency of 50 or 75 million voters that would vote all of the people that have been in congress/senate out of office, no matter what. Once your term is up, get OUT!!! Politics is a dirty game. They enter a pauper and leave a millionaire. Maybe I should throw my hat in the ring! :)

Unfortunately, any time there is a big pile of money like what we have in the pension fund, you can expect waste.....in the form of exhorbanant wages for union leadership, junket trips, making sure their pension coffers are flush with cash, etc. The $60 million is just a drop in the bucket on what we need to make the fund solvent. I think I read somewhere it was around $12 billion needed to take care of current and future obligations. Even though the Teamster Leadership is getting theirs, it is still better to have them. Otherwise, the company will walk all over you and take away EVERYTHING so you're just left no benefits and just a piddly wage.