Central Transport | Central Transport " REHIRE PROGRAM "

I'm guessing with that rehire program that the company does not realize that you left for other jobs and you didn't just quit out of disgust. I never worked there so I can't say first hand but you make it sound like any other job, anything at all would be a better place to be. So how many rehires can they expect?

I'm guessing with that rehire program that the company does not realize that you left for other jobs and you didn't just quit out of disgust. I never worked there so I can't say first hand but you make it sound like any other job, anything at all would be a better place to be. So how many rehires can they expect?

ANY other job.

I just started as a Driver Trainee. The insurance is better than what I had (none). The job even training keeps me home every night and not otr. I haven't seen anything that you guys are talking about.

That is just another example of this company not thinking. I suppose they might think that some just lost their temper and quit and haven't been able to find anything better....As for me I've gotten out of the business but I am considering getting back in. I interview at another LTL company this week for a position in Texas. It's a 7PM start time to around 3AM and I will be working the dock some and shuttling trailers back and forth to Dallas pulling sets but I will be home daily. No one really wants those hours and most really want to do P&D work. They start in the $21hr range so I'm at least going to check it out. It's a way to get my foot in the door and even though I'm starting at the bottom I have no problem with the hours and actually prefer shuttling opposed to P&D....It's full time and good pay so I'm giving it a shot. They may hire a young stud over me and that's fine. No harm...No foul....I have several more options.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just started as a Driver Trainee. The insurance is better than what I had (none). The job even training keeps me home every night and not otr. I haven't seen anything that you guys are talking about.
You will...............

Advice?

Get in. Get a year of LTL training so a REAL LTL COMPANY will even look at you. Then, GET THE H. E. DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS OUT OF THAT PLACE BEFORE IT COSTS YOU MORE MONEY THAN YOU MAKE IN STOLEN WAGES,TICKETS AND FINES, AND CSA POINTS.
(Or, you can wager that I don't have any idea what I'm talking about after 22 years behind the wheel and a decade of LTL experience, and just ignore me.)

Best of luck to you either way... And I mean that sincerely.

Advice?

Get in. Get a year of LTL training so a REAL LTL COMPANY will even look at you. Then, GET THE H. E. DOUBLE TOOTHPICKS OUT OF THAT PLACE BEFORE IT COSTS YOU MORE MONEY THAN YOU MAKE IN STOLEN WAGES,TICKETS AND FINES, AND CSA POINTS.
(Or, you can wager that I don't have any idea what I'm talking about after 22 years behind the wheel and a decade of LTL experience, and just ignore me.)

Best of luck to you either way... And I mean that sincerely.
Spoken like a true professional.....Pay attention to JK....He knows the business.

don't listen to these old throw back 1960's drivers they continually post hate because they're too old to rock and roll, they can't handle the work?? they all had runs that spanned a 3 mile radius and milked vitran for everything they had bullied the lower senority drivers gave them all they're crappy stops so they could milk the clock. they caught a bad break they had a good deal then their company folded and hung them out to dry central swooped and they didn't like central and it's been 6 months plus they have all claimed to have left for better jobs BUT !!!!!!!! they are still on here complaining about Central... and whenever I get on here to oppose they're rhetoric they all line up against me and make me look like a bad guy.... but that's ok I can handle it... these guys have been hating from day one and they'll tell anyone who will listen... you do what you need to do. these guys hating were truly spoiled??? maybe that's why the V folded??? just saying!!!!!!

don't listen to these old throw back 1960's drivers they continually post hate because they're too old to rock and roll, they can't handle the work?? they all had runs that spanned a 3 mile radius and milked vitran for everything they had bullied the lower senority drivers gave them all they're crappy stops so they could milk the clock. they caught a bad break they had a good deal then their company folded and hung them out to dry central swooped and they didn't like central and it's been 6 months plus they have all claimed to have left for better jobs BUT !!!!!!!! they are still on here complaining about Central... and whenever I get on here to oppose they're rhetoric they all line up against me and make me look like a bad guy.... but that's ok I can handle it... these guys have been hating from day one and they'll tell anyone who will listen... you do what you need to do. these guys hating were truly spoiled??? maybe that's why the V folded??? just saying!!!!!!

This guy ^^^^^ has never met me. The drivers who do know me know I've NEVER intentionally hurt another driver or dock worker. In fact, I've spent much of my time going to bat for them behind the scenes. Since I've left Central I've spent a lot of my personal time finding jobs and giving references for other drivers who were unhappy and wished to leave also. I do it because they are my friends.

By the way, I can still hang with the kids- the numbers posted everyday at my new company prove it. (Oh, and I wasn't even born in the 60's... but you wouldn't know that would you? ...cause like I said- we've never met.)

Actually it would be more in the 70's and 80's for me 42.........Your perception that we are hating on CT is not correct 42, we are simply moving on and venting about what we believe CT is about. There are limits at CT for material growth and we want more. If your fine with the way things are that's cool we simple were not. 42 it takes too much effort to hate and frankly CT it's not worth it TO US...............And your right (did I just say that) it has been 6 months and we just like reflect on what we left behind. Don't hate us for wanting more and we won't hate you for wanting less.

Rest assured, it will not be long before you realized that you made a choice that you may regret. Good luck.

Vitran NEVER folded. It was purchased b/4 we closed the doors.

Actually it would be more in the 70's and 80's for me 42.........Your perception that we are hating on CT is not correct 42, we are simply moving on and venting about what we believe CT is about. There are limits at CT for material growth and we want more. If your fine with the way things are that's cool we simple were not. 42 it takes too much effort to hate and frankly CT it's not worth it TO US...............And your right (did I just say that) it has been 6 months and we just like reflect on what we left behind. Don't hate us for wanting more and we won't hate you for wanting less.

Well I for one, hate 'em. And you can take that to the bank!

Just another example I oppose an opinion and you quickly may I add have (jack knife, runaway, jeepster and professor of snarkology) just watch you'll also see- had enough, fudgie, vjaxracer, and usually 2 or 3 more. jump right on it to defend pjax positions. got to give it to you your consistent. well this is fun isn't it? good thing I don't have thin skin I may be inclined to think you guy's didn't like me.