Yellow | CEO J Welch

LOL So I guess with purchase transportation there are "driver shortages" in every lane... That's funny because I thought there are line drivers on layoff and sit at home just about everywhere, right? I feel for y'all, it's a no win situation.

I'd like to start off with this company giving 5 weeks vacation. Where do I sign up lmao?

“Open competition affects every aspect of the trucking industry. From the prices we charge our customers to the wages and benefits that are paid. When you add wages, insurance and other benefits we are still some of the best paid employees in trucking. If we are still among the best compensated employees in the business and we will have a retirement that is competitive, how can we not be on board and vote yes? Let’s keep one of the best paying jobs in our industry. “ - YRCW Employee, Georgia

“Our medical insurance is worth a lot to me and my family. I don’t think I could find another company to work for without paying a bunch to get insurance.” – Line-haul driver, Kansas City

“There are no better benefits than those [the company] gives us.” - Employee, Georgia

No other LTL carriers “…offer a starting mileage rate of 52 cents per mile…start me off with five weeks of vacation…give me 10 paid holidays, five paid sick days, pay for my health coverage (coverage might be available for my wife if I choose to purchase it later), contribute anything to a retirement packages without me making a contribution first…pay for delay/waiting time in the manner to which I am accustomed.” - Line-haul driver, Charlotte

“There are no [other] jobs like mine where I can get medical care insurance the company pays for. I have checked and those who are hiring right now don’t pay much either. “ – Clerk, Topeka

“…the health insurance coverage other companies offer is not nearly as good compared to ours.” – Clerk, Toledo
Post navigation
← Previous Entry Next Entry →
Latest Videos
CEO James Welch On the Need for...
- See more at: What Are Your Colleagues Saying About the Proposal? | YRC Worldwide | Drive on Together

Wait a "starting" milage of 52 cpm and 5 weeks vacation ? What a bunch of B.S.!

Glad you picked up on that BS too....KK

Read it as if from the perspective of one who has reached the pinnacle of his career, who is worried about replacing what they now have, one who is worried about whats next. "Where can I go to replace what I have without starting over"? Think only of today and ones self and it becomes clear what is being said. :shrug:

Read it as if from the perspective of one who has reached the pinnacle of his career, who is worried about replacing what they now have, one who is worried about whats next. "Where can I go to replace what I have without starting over"? Think only of today and ones self and it becomes clear what is being said. :shrug:

One that didn't know any better would think that's what a new hire would make because he mis spoke when he used the Word "starting" in his statement.

Wait a "starting" milage of 52 cpm and 5 weeks vacation ? What a bunch of B.S.!

That is not what the driver was quoted as saying.......

This is the the quote: "No other LTL carriers “…offer a starting mileage rate of 52 cents per mile…start me off with five weeks of vacation…give me 10 paid holidays, five paid sick days, pay for my health coverage (coverage might be available for my wife if I choose to purchase it later), contribute anything to a retirement packages without me making a contribution first…pay for delay/waiting time in the manner to which I am accustomed.” - Line-haul driver, Charlotte"

No where in there does it say that the "starting" rate is 52 cpm and five weeks of vacation......It was written from the viewpoint of a driver who is making a comparison of what he has now.....compared to what he won't have if YRCF were to close....I just wonder how many other erroneous conclusions are reached due to reading comprehension issues...

Glad you picked up on that BS too....KK

With all due respect.... What the quoted line haul driver said was not "BS" ... It would not be likely that a Driver would be able to go to another Union driving Job...or non-union driving job and have the same pay and vacation...or insurance that he currently has......

One that didn't know any better would think that's what a new hire would make because he mis spoke when he used the Word "starting" in his statement.

He did not say anything that was misleading with his use of the word "start" He clearly stated a fact that no other LTL carrier is going to "start" him at five weeks of vacation.....

See how misinformation gets out there...... People can read....but they have a harder time comprehending....

This is the the quote: "No other LTL carriers “…offer a starting mileage rate of 52 cents per mile…start me off with five weeks of vacation…give me 10 paid holidays, five paid sick days, pay for my health coverage (coverage might be available for my wife if I choose to purchase it later), contribute anything to a retirement packages without me making a contribution first…pay for delay/waiting time in the manner to which I am accustomed.” - Line-haul driver, Charlotte"

No where in there does it say that the "starting" rate is 52 cpm and five weeks of vacation......It was written from the viewpoint of a driver who is making a comparison of what he has now.....compared to what he won't have if YRCF were to close....I just wonder how many other erroneous conclusions are reached due to reading comprehension issues...

With all due respect.... What the quoted line haul driver said was not "BS" ... It would not be likely that a Driver would be able to go to another Union driving Job...or non-union driving job and have the same pay and vacation...or insurance that he currently has......

He did not say anything that was misleading with his use of the word "start" He clearly stated a fact that no other LTL carrier is going to "start" him at five weeks of vacation.....

See how misinformation gets out there...... People can read....but they have a harder time comprehending....
And five years from now he will still be at .52 cpm!

And five years from now he will still be at .52 cpm!

If YRCW stays in business.... I think there are raises during that period....... and if YRCW closes....he will, along with most everyone else, be making less than that......Personally I don't see the "gain" in starting over somewhere else....if you don't have to.....

I see a real gain of getting rid of "cancer" YRC is a cancer. Voting NO will rid the industry of this for an long time.

If YRCW stays in business.... I think there are raises during that period....... and if YRCW closes....he will, along with most everyone else, be making less than that......Personally I don't see the "gain" in starting over somewhere else....if you don't have to.....

You need to stand up staight, no more ankle grabbing.