New Penn | CEO Steve Gast quits

newpenn22

TB Regular
Credits
there is no article online, but its running threw the system like wild fire. Rumor as it he's going to Wilson

How longs he been CEO? Just curious, never worked for NP but it's a company I've always had respect for and was wondering if he's entitled to some of the credit for that.

Heard a rumor today replacement will most likely come from Holland or Reddaway. Seems not a lot of interest from within New Penn. Hopefully someone who can run a regional carrier without interjectinsg a long haul mentality.

Only met the man a few times,though if I remember it was always about begging for yes votes..Supercourse,he was the replacement for O'Kane who went to duie pyle.. Just seems he waited long enough to get his bonus and now he bails... You know!! Take the money and run...

So no great loss then, I didn't know if he had been there 30 years and could be credited with building a great company or was just a short term bagholder.

if the replacement comes from holland or redaway it will be as bad as haveing a yrc jerk-off take over..holland doesnt want to interline with npme or sell our freight to customers in the north east anymore than we want to interline with them. npme and holland would both do better if they each could pick there own interline carrier and set there own rates with out dick-head yrc setting rates or splits between us. .i dont know if there are any npme people left that could take over as president of npme. half our headquarters is nothing but yrc rejects that we were forced to hire. its truely amazeing that npme still makes money the way the operate anymore. they cant even send company mail and pay checks to the right terminal . . reading sent camp hills pay checks to altoona. and thats before news broke gast was leaveing..but hey we got about 7-8 safety people walking around playing the yrc bull**** game makeing big bucks and makeing up safety rules to fit whatever situation arises, but we cant seem to do what npme is the expert in and thats overnight delivery in the northeast. like we used to.if we still make money now, we must have made a ton of money when we operated like the most efficent carrier in the country.more than most of us ever imagined. its truely sad watching what yrc has done to npme in just the few years they have owned us,

allnightrain44, I couldn't agree more. We went from the top of the game to almost the bottom. YRCW stole the pride along with the money. I came to New Penn to work for a great company and now that is gone.
As for the gestapo safety department it shows anyone can get certified. I have a friend retired from GM who is now vp of safety for a fairly large steel distributor, said some class work, testing and now has new career. Alas only book smart though, still doesn't get some of the practical things that get the jobs done, much like our safety department. (I think I might be giving them to much credit saying that).
It all has become sad, can only wonder whom else might leave now.(besides me)

what blows my mind is we had way more people working as drivers and dock people , what 10 yrs. ago with 1,maybe 2 safety guys. yet now less drivers and equipment equals more safety clowns. the corperate crap from yrc is just unbeleivable. there substainability crap is that just crap. all to save millions of barrels of oil .they say. yet u see were they say in sec fileings that the higher the oil price the better it is for the company. we are so top heavy with manegment now they run into each other in the dispatch office.

its a fact no one whos qualified wants to replace Gast just not to have to deal with YRC brass This is getting uglier by the week. When last quarter results come out, watch it. you can use the snow as an excuse but March was dismal. Steve was true green all the way. Maybe they should bring back O Kane now that hes retired from Duie???

Its sickening and should be considered criminal.
They have so much management worrying about everything but picking up and delivering the freight. My frustration level is gonna explode very soon.
All trying to look good doing absofriigginlutley nothing about getting more drivers and moving the freight.
Bring back Zollars so we can tie him to a chair and show him the real way to move freight. He owes.

its a fact no one whos qualified wants to replace Gast just not to have to deal with YRC brass This is getting uglier by the week. When last quarter results come out, watch it. you can use the snow as an excuse but March was dismal. Steve was true green all the way. Maybe they should bring back O Kane now that hes retired from Duie???
I shouted that the OR is gonna hit $1.50 in no time if they keep it up. I was called in to be shown that I did not sign how many pieces I picked up on a bill.
He says I didn't sign for a skid.
I pointed at the pro sticker above my signature which had a 1 under where it says "skid".

I cannot believe he'd even think about holding me up for something so ridicullouslly stupid.
I go out and get in truck and here comes the orange vest for a DOT check before leaving.

The freight ain't loaded. The bids start too late. And now they want to waste our time with the most ******** stuff imaginable. I'm gonna start documenting which deliveries and pickups are missed at our terminal. Their ain't know way in hell they deserve raises and promotions for this dumb ****.

If Schmidt goes its gonna be a rough road.
If he influences the next guy we may have a chance. The union respects him, maybe too much, but he has been fair in most cases in hearings I sit in on. He let's management know when wrong. If YRC holds too much influence it won't be good.

If Schmidt goes its gonna be a rough road.
If he influences the next guy we may have a chance. The union respects him, maybe too much, but he has been fair in most cases in hearings I sit in on. He let's management know when wrong. If YRC holds too much influence it won't be good.
Is this Dan Schmidt?

Back to Gast.

Can anyone confirm that he is gone?

Any details on where he went? Or what caused him to leave?

Everything I have heard so far is rumor.. 1.. Got a job with Wilson and is moving to Fl .. 2.. Will become the president of Wilson and is moving to N.C. and then the best for last is that YRCW will not let him leave till there find a replacement for the safety videos that he makes..

Is this Dan Schmidt?
Yeah.
Why?
Because attitudes haven't been great since the vote.
And IMO if they'd have to bring in some new guy trying to make a name that would be about it for making money anymore.
I've only seen 3 guys canned in almost 9 years.
plus 2 who failed drug tests twice.
One guy was late everyday almost. He caused us to start getting late letters which we didn't see too much before that.
The other 2 were young and had major issues at home and were given plenty of chances before the axe fell.

Even some of our roughest guys may have a hard time with him but they've told me they respect him.
I think he respects the guys. But I don't think YRC has much respect. That's why I posted what I did.
If he goes I think we'll have big problems. New Penn will be gone. He's our go between.