CF Barn In Richfield Under Demolilton!

Freightmaster1

TB Legend
Credits
This week the north dock at the old CF barn in Richfield, Ohio was starting to get tore down! The north dock and the crossover dock to the older dock's roofs were torn down and scrapped out! Not sure if Crown Enterprises (owner of Central Transport) is selling the property or renovating for another carrier. Anybody heard anything about this barn which has been sitting vacant since Labor Day 2002? I have pictures that will be posted soon by my friend the Kennesaw Kid! Stay tuned!

CORN FLAKES LIVES!
:smilie_132:

one more sad story for a great company i still say leland james is rolling over in is grave and can't wait to get hold of PAT and the sorry stockholders that let this happen

i worked next door to cf in richfield for 16 years. the reason central never moved in was the town rezoned the property so that it couldnt be used as a truck terminal.they snuck it thru between central buying it and closing the deal.

Brecksville Road Trucking Strip, Richfield, Ohio!

i worked next door to cf in richfield for 16 years. the reason central never moved in was the town rezoned the property so that it couldnt be used as a truck terminal.they snuck it thru between central buying it and closing the deal.
A lot of memories on that strip in Richfield...

Old Days...
Motor Cargo (Later CF)
Duff Truck Lines
Strickland Transportation
Pacific Intermountain Express (P-I-E)
Bender Loudon
Lyons Transportation Lines (LTL)
Yellow Freight System

Modern Times/Recently...
CF
APA Transport
Alvan
Penske Logistics
Saia
New England Motor Freight (NEMF)
Preston
Viking Freight
Ward Trucking
Overnite (Later UPS Freight)
Yellow Transportation

The old Motor Cargo/CF Barn was the FIRST barn on the strip, opened in 1954! They moved up to Richfield from Carrol Street in Akron! The barn was state of the art for the 1950's!

I'm gettin teary-eyed....I gotta go!

:console:

Thank's....

I worked at 3 of these companies and shut down 2. My friend beat me working at 5 of the companies and shutting down 4. Here's a link with 3 photos of CF my daughter had taken. apparition111's photos and albums on webshots

:1036316054:adessa thank you and your daughter for the pic's,I tried a few time's in my carrer in this business to get into CF,but was,nt lucky enough.I have the utmost respect for all CF folk's,It was a great company with great people.