cf forever

from a former cf er

Hey all, greetings from a former rockford dock worker.I drove past the old terminal just this morning and miss it too. I was always treated good there, and the guys i worked with were some of the best i have ever known.I work at Vitran express now,they don't treat us so well, so we are trying to organize. Please wish us well, cf will always be a fond memory to me. Also I still mantain some of my friendships from there.

I started at CF IN Des Plaines, Went to CGI on Cicero and then to Harlem and eventuall y spent last 12 years at Elgin. I was a spotter and started on the dock. I now work for Holland out of Rockford

hello my old friends from cf . Im still around. im from CGI the big house 15 years dockman . Ive been reading some things you wrote and brought back the best days of my life. I miss cf too. I decided to join the this site. I think im going to like it.but not so sure about the conway feedback. Viking is here to stay. RED and GREEN

I've been around for a while.I started driving a truck in "76.When I was employeed at Conway in 89 I always stood up & knew if it wasn't for CF Conway wouldn't have the pay scale or the benifits we had.I used to tell drivers that talked down on CF that they need to take a reality check!I also mention if CF goes under we at Conway are going to see some bad changes.Well it's happening now,yes I thankful for having work still.Our benifits have been on the decrease ever since.I miss Cf I knew alot of drivers & got along with all of them..