CF name taken by Con-Way

George, The idea behind this site is to create harmony amongst people in the transportation industry. Not discontent and fighting.

Please refrain from making posts that will only lead to flame wars.

Thank You

CFer

My post was only stating that I, also, have had major setbacks in the trucking industry ie alittle "George history." The difference is I do not wish bad things on the people of other companies. If a driver doesn't want to "blink their lights" or be curtious to fellow drivers on the road ,that' one thing. But to express willfull and wantan illwill and hardships on a group is another! Opinions seem to be posted freely on the Boards and this is my opinion, not inflammatory, not malicious, just an opinion. George

For those who may be interested, the Teamsters web site does have an update informational report available on the bankruptcy and some estimated time lines on the future payments due on the claims.

crazy you hit it right on the head that was the only way the goverment got to us was with deregulated most the company on this sites here didn't get started until after 1982 so you got to love jimmy carter he sign the bill that help kill the union

Brutus, my young freind, you are the young bull, and I am the old bull. You know the joke. Please go to page 2 post 20 and page 6 post 51 and read what I have said before on this thread. You know that I am an employee of con-way and that some people and myself are still fighting corporate america so to speak. If you still have your 2004 annual report you will read in it what my freinds and myself did with the menlo deal and why seven directors left in a period of one year. I can not get into the facts and I hope you understand. As said before on the con-way board as with this cf board, history will repeat itself if people let it happen. Try to get the book '' NEVER STAND STILL'' and compare it side by side with the history of con-way. This is not just a job as you have posted in your reply and we and they are getting on with our lives. But I for one had many many freinds that worked for cf and have many freind that work for con-way and I will not stand by and watch history happen again. Sorry my freind for getting long winded but I am not in this just for me, the way I look at it, it is we we we. My last comment is that you thought I was in management, no just a l/h driver like you. Peace.
where do you get this book? i like to read this.

Well I thought they had it listed for sale but I guess you have to contact them about it...:duh:

Thats where I got a copy when I went through the museum though......:1036316054:

thanks alot this is a nice websight you can find a lot of stuff out about everything and any topic well. I better go see what number im on the board......:1036316054:

Never Stand Still by Kenneth Durr is listed on Amizon.com. A history of Consoidated Freightways and CNF 1929 to 2000. Press on

I have one not out of the box because 2 of my former co-workers bought one for me. But what the heck is the $850.00 thing about.

A book that is out of print and unavailable may command a high price.
Look a little closer at the Amazon web page and you will see a used book for $50.00 !

I paid about 35 bucks for mine at the museum 2 years ago. Id say I bought at the right time too!!

Maybe I should rent it out for that kind of money................:funky: :1036316054: