CF name taken by Con-Way

dennist said:
But it was the master plan of Jer Det to get rid of CF from the get go. He told me himself at orientation, many years ago.
From the time C-F trained him in York Pa:duh:

Lawofone said:
Greed has a way of hurting those that let it take over. Yes con-way was planned to get rid of cf. Now con-way has the same mindset . I do not feel sorry for those that are in so called power at the top. Let the chips fall where they may. I have a lot of freinds that got hurt when cf closed. All I ask is that people start to understand what is happening in front of them, and not be quiet or say that it don`t matter, that the company is going to do what it wants to. There is a old movie out called the power of one. Alot of people need to watch it.
Thanks for these comments .... something I have been saying for years.
If we stand by, shrug our shoulders and just say nothing I can do, well then we deserve all we get, which is the royal corporate shaft !

Skywalker said:
Have you guys seen central frieght's logo.quite a reseblence to the ol cf logo.

Central actually tried using that logo years ago and it ended with CF winning a court battle over it
I guess they just waited for CF to go away to start using it again

"It's like trying to tell a stranger about Rock N Roll"

flstc2000 said:
Just getting some activity going here .....
Don't take it to heart. CF was a great job and many of my fellow workers still talk about it. We were a family, that's a hard thing to lose when though no fault of your own your family is taken away.
Bottom line ... DON'T TRUST CORPORATE AMERICA !

flstc2000:
If someone hasn't been a part of a real family including an extended family, then no amount of explaining will suffice.
In the late 50's my local had over 40 LTL Interstate carriers and our Joint council had almost 100 not counting local carriers, cartage agents, etc and we were all "family." Today there are only two left: Yellow and New Penn, and that environment is only a fond memory that we were fortunate enough to have experienced and enjoyed..........

trucker4cf said:
i doubt the logo will save central operating at a 114.

trucker4cf, you're confusing Central Freight with Central transport.

Central Transport is the company with the logo that looks like CF's logo. Central Freight is the company with a lot of financial problems right now.

Here's what the logo looks like

central-transport-pup.jpg

scroodigan said:
If Leland could see what they did he'd be pretty po'ed ...especially if they left any money on the table...NEVER STAND STILL ...great book on the idea's and business plans needed to complete the transition from GREAT TO GREEDY ...
if his priority was making money, he'd be as happy as a pig in poo. and if you don't think that was his priority, stop kiddin yourself.:chairshot:

badlionsfan said:
if his priority was making money, he'd be as happy as a pig in poo. and if you don't think that was his priority, stop kiddin yourself.:chairshot:

badlionsfan, I'm not sure how much you knoiw about Leland James but the man made CF the powerhouse it was all by himself and he was extremely proud of that company.
I too think he would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what became of the company and why

CFer said:
badlionsfan, I'm not sure how much you knoiw about Leland James but the man made CF the powerhouse it was all by himself and he was extremely proud of that company.
I too think he would be rolling over in his grave if he knew what became of the company and why

I'm starting to learn alot.
Isn't the creator of the Old Con-Way married to the daughter of the creator of CF?

i worked for both of them........... i thought it stood for cluster f..., know what i mean, i dont care for the way either operated, just my opinion, out of clt anyway..........

Some food for thought: Cambell66, Mason Dixon, CF, McClean, Johnson Motor Lines, Pilot, Time DC, Transcon, Central, ETC. I am curious, are these companies under new names? It does seem to puzzel some old union hands as to who was a watching the hen house while all these companies changed names, if they did after deregulation. I do wonder if any body out their will ever be able to bring back the Teamsters Membership to where it once was? Just curious. The National Master Freight Agreement ain't what she used to be, so I am told. I do wonder what it would be like if all the trucking companies were under the National Master Freight Agreement whenever contract negotiations started? That would be powerful. I do remember, I remember walking a pickett line, 3 days later we had a good contract. Man did the owners hate that. Oh well so much for the good ole days.

Dockworker said:
I'm starting to learn alot.
Isn't the creator of the Old Con-Way married to the daughter of the creator of CF?

I really can't say for sure Dockworker. I've never heard that before

CFer said:
trucker4cf, you're confusing Central Freight with Central transport.

Central Transport is the company with the logo that looks like CF's logo. Central Freight is the company with a lot of financial problems right now.

Here's what the logo looks like

central-transport-pup.jpg
If memory serves me right, Central Freight is the last existing member of the former Roadway Services. Roadway Services was the parent of Roadway Express before they Spun us off from their nonunion divisions. Other members of Roadway Services were, RPS, Coles, Spartan, and Viking. Coles and Spartan are gone, Central is sputtering, and Viking and RPS were acquired by Fedex.

This is so depressing. People dedicate their lives to a company and it goes belly up in a heartbeat. did't anyone see the signs?
No one really feels the true effects until it happens to them and their families.

I hope the former CF drivers found jobs.
In fact, where are they now?

Dockworker said:
This is so depressing. People dedicate their lives to a company and it goes belly up in a heartbeat. did't anyone see the signs?
No one really feels the true effects until it happens to them and their families.

I hope the former CF drivers found jobs.
In fact, where are they now?
most of the ones who want to work are working. (except cfer, he has a boo-boo :chairshot: ) i just dont get the loyalty to a dead company. i guess i grew up around big companies folding and hangin employees out to dry. the other thing that i cant help but chuckle at is the conspericy therorist truck drivers that think they are gonna find something illegal in what ever happened with cf-con-way. don't you think they had a bunch of lawyers go over everything with a fine tooth comb?