CF name taken by Con-Way

Animo916 said:
If memory serves me right, Central Freight is the last existing member of the former Roadway Services. Roadway Services was the parent of Roadway Express before they Spun us off from their nonunion divisions. Other members of Roadway Services were, RPS, Coles, Spartan, and Viking. Coles and Spartan are gone, Central is sputtering, and Viking and RPS were acquired by Fedex.

Thats correct Animo

Dockworker said:
This is so depressing. People dedicate their lives to a company and it goes belly up in a heartbeat. did't anyone see the signs?
No one really feels the true effects until it happens to them and their families.

I hope the former CF drivers found jobs.
In fact, where are they now?

We did see the signs Dockworker but all we heard from management was that there was nothing to worry about, it's only a temporary problem, we're seeing improving trends, freight density is up...........etc. You get the point.

badlionsfan said:
most of the ones who want to work are working. (except cfer, he has a boo-boo :chairshot: ) i just dont get the loyalty to a dead company. i guess i grew up around big companies folding and hangin employees out to dry. the other thing that i cant help but chuckle at is the conspericy therorist truck drivers that think they are gonna find something illegal in what ever happened with cf-con-way. don't you think they had a bunch of lawyers go over everything with a fine tooth comb?

badlionsfan, The people that ran CNF were very smart. I'll give them that much. You won't find any illegal activity but there is a big difference between legally wrong and morally wrong.

CFer said:
We did see the signs Dockworker but all we heard from management was that there was nothing to worry about, it's only a temporary problem, we're seeing improving trends, freight density is up...........etc. You get the point.
yeah wasn't density up cuz they were practically giving away space in the trailers?

CFer said:
badlionsfan, The people that ran CNF were very smart. I'll give them that much. You won't find any illegal activity but there is a big difference between legally wrong and morally wrong.
yeah the big difference is these conspericy therorists need to move on, and stop thinking they have some legal recourse.

badlionsfan said:
most of the ones who want to work are working. (except cfer, he has a boo-boo :chairshot: ) i just dont get the loyalty to a dead company. i guess i grew up around big companies folding and hangin employees out to dry. the other thing that i cant help but chuckle at is the conspericy therorist truck drivers that think they are gonna find something illegal in what ever happened with cf-con-way. don't you think they had a bunch of lawyers go over everything with a fine tooth comb?

Thats exactly what I think. They probably left no stone unturned and the stuff thats public knowledge is so out dated.

CFer said:

I get the point CFer. You only hope that your employer is telling you the truth.
Moral call indeed.
godspeed to everyone that got affected at CF.
Hope they are finding that life does go on and they are slowly healing.

flstc2000 said:
Just getting some activity going here .....
Don't take it to heart. CF was a great job and many of my fellow workers still talk about it. We were a family, that's a hard thing to lose when though no fault of your own your family is taken away.
Bottom line ... DON'T TRUST CORPORATE AMERICA !
How come so many people have such hard feelings toward the new Conway Freight? What was it that happend that made people despise this company?

No Freight said:
How come so many people have such hard feelings toward the new Conway Freight? What was it that happend that made people despise this company?

No Freight, It's not really ConWay Freight that people have a problem with. It's the former Consolidated Freightways inc./CNF inc/ Conway Inc. that people have a problem with.

It's all in the way they took a once proud company and purposly ran it into the ground that upsets most people.

badlionsfan said:
yeah the big difference is these conspericy therorists need to move on, and stop thinking they have some legal recourse.
Yes we will move on after we are done with what we started. As for the legal recourse, in 2004 we won in court. And with three more suits pending, with each being better than the first and alot more in depth with what went on and what is going on now, there is no reason we will not win at what we are doing. The only way that things will not go on is that we are either shot or bought out before the cases go in front of a jury. I would like to think that people care about other people, but in todays world it is all about me me me. Well this is not about me, it is about we.

No Freight said:
We don't have hard feeling towards the " New " Conway Freight .... like CFer said, it's the old CF / Con-way empire that manipulated the legal system to close the company that orginally funded and started the Con-Way's.
Before there ever was the Con-Way's, it was Consolidated Freightways, they made the money that started and built the CNF empire. Does anybody think the funds to start Conway came from some magic money machine ?
Nuff said about the whole thing ... it's over and most of us have moved on.
Still don't like the way corporate america and the politicans have worked the system so that it's stacked against the working class.

Or they tell you the money came from the sale of Freightliner. Guess who started Freightliner. I hold no ill feelings toward present CNF people but there was no way we were going to accept the work rules that they wanted. A road driver working the dock would get you thrown in the Hudson river when i started at CORN FLAKE.

It is work rules , treats and a refusal to change that have cost many union workers their jobs mine included 17 year teamster now with CNF.The rule of the game changed!Seeya Highntight

Highntight said:
It is work rules , treats and a refusal to change that have cost many union workers their jobs mine included 17 year teamster now with CNF.The rule of the game changed!Seeya Highntight
The rules changed .... because the rich corporations paid their lobbyists to influence laws to favor big business.
Tell me what you presently do that is so different from working at CF ?
The corporation has more flexibility to control you now and they have instilled the fear factor into people that your job will close if you want to organize.

Yeah the rules changed.. Like giving people start times and having them sit off the clock because the FAC"s are running behind. And having linehauld drivers sit off the clock and waiting for the loads to close off the dock. That is not right i don't care weather you are in mgmt or a worker. If you are away from your family at work you should get paid. (thats just one example of many of Conways new rules)

Some day they will smarten up and finally realize that managment is giving them the shaft. If you keep hitting a mule in the head, eventually he will pay attention

Trucker4cf the rules changed companys can't afford to have people sit around and get paid to do nothing.At Con-way you put your back belt on grab a trailer and earn money.There are people who will sit off the clock because they don't care for the dock.As for the Mule remark by Dan. I'm paying attention to what happened to Preston CBL Eastern Redball McClean Eazor Wilson Carolina and alot more. It's called competion And it isn't going away because the rest of the world is now bring goods and services right to your neighbors door and if it is a good product for a better price he is going to buy it.We wish it was like beating a mule!

Corporate America and lobbyist's with there pocket's filled is what put an end to a gfreat company,and don't forget that the union's hand were tied for some reason or another.

Highntight said:
Trucker4cf the rules changed companys can't afford to have people sit around and get paid to do nothing.At Con-way you put your back belt on grab a trailer and earn money.There are people who will sit off the clock because they don't care for the dock.As for the Mule remark by Dan. I'm paying attention to what happened to Preston CBL Eastern Redball McClean Eazor Wilson Carolina and alot more. It's called competion And it isn't going away because the rest of the world is now bring goods and services right to your neighbors door and if it is a good product for a better price he is going to buy it.We wish it was like beating a mule!
Some of the hardest workers i've seen worked at C F. That sitting around is bull crap. We did OUR JOB we were hired to do and refused to be used as a puppett.:duh: