CF name taken by Con-Way

No matter what is said, alot of us lost a big part of our life. CF is gone and many of us have replaced it. However I have many friends who lost much more than I. You have to understand someone with 20 yrs may not be able to replace that because of age. Have a great day and GOD BLESS!

I never drove for cf but I have driven fo conway for three years and it is the best job I have ever had I get good pay good benefits and I am home everyday not like when I was over the road. The company may have its ups and downs but it is well worth it

and you can't put on a back belt when you are told to be there at a certain time and you have to sit there off the clock. I know it happened i worked there.

bobcat1956 said:
And I have enjoyed my 20 years with Con-way and 7 more I will retire from Con-Way
you are very fortunate indeed to have such a good run with one company. Con-Way is here to stay. Will you have a good retirement?

OK this is how I see it.......Everyone had at least 10 years with the company. They showed up to work one day and the gates were locked! No warning , no nothing.....right?

No Freight said:
OK this is how I see it.......Everyone had at least 10 years with the company. They showed up to work one day and the gates were locked! No warning , no nothing.....right?
Not exactly .... over the Labor day holiday weekend, after a record setting Friday where the company picked up more freight tonnage then ever before, we received an automated phone call on Sunday that told us not to report for work anymore !!
Thanks for the memories !!

Where did you hear it was a record friday? c-f record was 64 mil lbs they only had about 38 in on that day. We were told not to make p/us on friday. we knew something was up.

trucker4cf said:
Where did you hear it was a record friday? c-f record was 64 mil lbs they only had about 38 in on that day. We were told not to make p/us on friday. we knew something was up.

I don't know what the poundage was for that day but I can confirm it was one of the busiest days for pickups that I had ever seen in my 15 years there. I still can't believe CF did that to all those customers. They knew they were shutting down and they still grabbed all that freight leaving customers high and dry. All that was was one last grab at as much cash as possible before closing the doors

Im still astonished that they were so greedy, that they took a profitable trucking company and like Vampires, sucked the life out of it to build up another one, non-union of course. And then finished her off when the other one had grown enough to stand on it's own.
Shame on us big bad Teamster's for wanting fair wages, rights, good working conditions, benefit's and a true grievance process.
Dont we know by now the company has our best intrest at heart and we dont need the union(sarcasm):chairshot: :duh:

trucker4cf said:
Where did you hear it was a record Friday? c-f record was 64 mil lbs they only had about 38 in on that day. We were told not to make p/us on Friday. we knew something was up.
We had been told by our terminal that it was a record pick-up day. Many of the local P & D men were forced to stay out to continue pick-ups Friday night, myself included. At one stop I loaded my own trailer full, dropped that one, got an empty and filled that and left it for someone else to haul back to the city.
Whatever the record was .... we had plenty of business .... just lousy crooked management !!!

new here as a excfman here idont think the young con-way people understand what the old cf people had taking from us so there here today