CF name taken by Con-Way

brutus61 said:
nope your wrong just plain wrong :shout:
Back when the Con-Way group was started the abbreviation did come from the corporate name CONsolidated FreightWAYs.
Would you expect anyone to believe that it was just a coincidence the name was similar.
Remember back then all the groups were under the same corporate umbrella.

Originally Posted by Justice
what does con-way stand for? abbreviation of consolidated and freightway?

brutus61 said:
nope your wrong just plain wrong :shout:
brutus61 Justice is correct. and if you look at the name con-way freight some people will see it as Con-way Freight (cf).because they see con-way as one word not two.

They named it that so they wanted to keep the inatials for the NY Stock Exchange. Scum people always think ahead.

May as well take the name too. It is a shame the fellow trucers at Con-Way are stealing the cf name along with corporate. It is a testament to how the mgmt is in control.

Well Leland would turn over in his grave! Why all the arguing? CF Motorfreight was SEPARATE from CF the corp! CF the corp started Con-Way AFTER selling White Freightliner, or Freightliner, what ever it had evolved into by then, so what is left, is still CF anyway, corporation wise that is. What's wrong with keeping the "roots" alive? Wow.............

trucker4cf said:
May as well take the name too. It is a shame the fellow trucers at Con-Way are stealing the cf name along with corporate. It is a testament to how the mgmt is in control.
we are not. we have no control over the naming of the company so get over it.

brutus said:
we are not. we have no control over the naming of the company so get over it.
Since this is the CF forum, I do believe anyone here has the right to voice their opinion.
Perhaps if you had worked for the parent CF company and were treated the way we were you may feel different.
Please .... refrain from telling us, as you have in the past, to get over it.
The dedicated people who visit this forum all lost a large part of the life .... and some lost Friends.
Have some respect for us please !

flstc2000 said:
Since this is the CF forum, I do believe anyone here has the right to voice their opinion.
Perhaps if you had worked for the parent CF company and were treated the way we were you may feel different.
Please .... refrain from telling us, as you have in the past, to get over it.
The dedicated people who visit this forum all lost a large part of the life .... and some lost Friends.
Have some respect for us please !
it's just a job get over it all ready it's been 5 years.
and unless the friends pasted away you still have them pick up the phone and call them.

and for the most part the "get over it" i'm talking about is blaming con-way drivers for cf closeing. one of our drivers had a close call with an xcf driver .the xcf was still **** off at con-way he tryed to run him off the road. and at the same time cuss him out on the radio.if you have a problem with cwf take it out on them not is the drivers.

brutus said:
it's just a job get over it all ready it's been 5 years.
and unless the friends pasted away you still have them pick up the phone and call them.

and for the most part the "get over it" i'm talking about is blaming con-way drivers for cf closeing. one of our drivers had a close call with an xcf driver .the xcf was still **** off at con-way he tryed to run him off the road. and at the same time cuss him out on the radio.if you have a problem with cwf take it out on them not is the drivers.
Well I can see you don't seem to understand our position. Just a job .... sure it was, maybe the best job many had ever had.
The people were like family to many, the security the job provided made many feel comfortable.
"Get over it" ... that same line in your first sentence again. Please, you need to refrain from telling anyone to get over it and let us voice our opinion whenever we please .
As for your silly story about the run-off. You don't think we former CF drivers, both while employed and now, to this day don't have the occasion to run against the anti-union attitudes of many other drivers. It happened all the time, on loading docks with those "other" drivers, confronted with verbal sparring, the one finger salute as we passed on the road, the insults that we would be looking for a job ... some of us have that bad attitude because of the way we were and are still to this day treated.
My final comment again .... wednesday evening as I was leaving my terminal, I pass the CCX terminal less then 1000 feet down the road. As I approached the driveway at CCX I saw a set heading towards the road, he slowed and then pulled right out in front of me, (tell me maybe he didn't see me) we continued out onto the main road were he went straight to the middle lane to block any attempt at passing, only he got blocked by a traffic light. I passed slowly on the right with no idea or thought of any retaliation, however your ignorant and unprofessional driver made more then 4 attempts to repass me at stupid and unsafe areas including the approach to the bridge toll booths, on several large sweeping curves and in dense crowded Philadelphia city traffic.
What was that all about ? I'll tell you ... I still see the same attitude from non-union drivers towards union drivers to this day. Take that anyway you choose, but I don't care for the way I have been treated sometimes,but I don't lump all non-union people in with the few bad apples out there either.
So now ... please get over it, I'll continue to express any thoughts I have about that S*** bag company you work for, but I will respect you and the other drivers for the men they are and never do unprofessional stupid acts in an attempt to "pay back" someone who had nothing to do with the CF corporate empire and the crooks who still run the organization.

glad to see someone out there feels the way i feel keep it up flstc2000 you got somebody in your boat here. this is a cf site not a con-way site i dont go there and say anything bad about them up there show us the same down here we need more cf people on here not con-way brutus's it's going to happen to them in a matter time then they have a site that's said gone but not forgotten