CF Terminal (Richfield, Oh.)

Dockworker

TB Legend
Super Moderator
PREMIUM
Credits
The following pictures show the mighty terminal it once was, in disrepair and being dismantled in others.

cflogo60smedcj2.jpg

God Bless the spirit of CF!

Somewhere Over the Rainbow
Background music for those that want to reflect.
[YT]<object width=425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;><param name=&quot;movie&quot; value=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/2A2Jt4WOxN8&hl=en&fs=1&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowFullScreen&quot; value=&quot;true&quot;></param><param name=&quot;allowscriptaccess&quot; value=&quot;always&quot;></param><embed src=&quot;http://www.youtube.com/v/2A2Jt4WOxN8&hl=en&fs=1&quot; type=&quot;application/x-shockwave-flash&quot; allowscriptaccess=&quot;always&quot; allowfullscreen=&quot;true&quot; width=&quot;425&quot; height=&quot;344&quot;></embed></object>[/YT]

[SIZE=&quot;1] CF Barn In Richfield Under Demolilton![/SIZE] <---Previous Topic

378742437606a420c93os4.jpg

dsci06540001001cm7.jpg

dsci06530002002vp9.jpg

Not much info other than the quote.

Beshara asked if anything could be done with the Consolidated Freightways property. Swan indicated that there is a court date set. Despite a positive verdict, the dangers will still be there. Swan and the Mayor are trying to get the most dangerous items removed. Beshara asked if the same thing is true with the Clark Station. Swan indicated that it is under a bankruptcy legai notice, which means the Village, cannot go to the owner. An advertising process must be completed before the Village can start clean up.
www.richfieldvillageohio.org/sitempower/utils/file_attachment_pusher.cfm%3Ff%3D35297491-188B-45B5-6C6CFA0A90639BAE.pdf%26f2%3DCouncil%2520Regular%2520Meeting%2520Minutes+consolidated+freightways+richfield&hl=en&ct=clnk&cd=38&gl=us&client=safari]COUNCIL CAUCUS-TUESDAY, OCTOBER 7,2008[/URL]

Thanks for posting pictures, definently sad to see pictures of former CF terminals in such run down condition...

I was at a delivery the other day and ran into a guy who used to be a dispatcher at CF up in Norfolk, VA...

CF Barn In Richfield Under Demolilton!

Sure is sad to see the terminal like that.I started running in and out of there in March of 1978. The funniest thing that I seen coming into that gate was Wolf Man who ran out of Milwaukee.He was routed off of the Old Exit10 with a set of triples.Instead of breaking them down he ran all the way into the terminal with them.

Steve
Misfit

Sure is sad to see the terminal like that.I started running in and out of there in March of 1978. The funniest thing that I seen coming into that gate was Wolf Man who ran out of Milwaukee.He was routed off of the Old Exit10 with a set of triples.Instead of breaking them down he ran all the way into the terminal with them.

Steve
Misfit

That sounds like something Wolf Man would do.

CF Barn In Richfield Under Demolilton!

Where do you ex CF drivers work now?
Did you stay in Trucking? LTL, OTR?

I hauled cars for Allied for about 6 month in Atlanta ,Ga.Got laid off spent the next three years with Yellow Retired moved back to Illinois.

Steve

The Misfit