CF Trailer and Dolly

Docksteward

Teamsters Local 71
Credits
I was on vacation in Myrtle Beach SC and took a couple photos of a CF pup used to store hay at Dolly Pardon's Dixie Stampede. When I got around to the front, I noticed that the dolly was left with it! I just thought it was interesting. DS.
19_19.jpg

17_17.jpg

18_18.jpg

There's gotta be a "lead" sittin around somewhere unless they got one of those old Freightliner COE's with the concrete block on the back. Lets see how many remember those baby's.

still see dolly's and trailer's here in knoxville still hurts to see them used for what there used for around here

Remembering.....

I was headed south in Indiana and
saw a pole barn with cf logo on it. I stopped,
it was an antique shop. The lady owner said
her dad worked for cf Indianapolis, In for
30 years. Her husband (a steel hauler) got the sign off a trailer the Omish bought at
the auction. He said they bought 7 sets and
a bunch of frt forklifts. He is looking for a sign
for me if he can still find one. CF for 26 years.
they were the best years of my life.
Brings a tear to my eye when I see our old logo, but it still makes me proud.
BEEKRMAN

I just remembered at the Teamsters Convention there was a parade of locals trucks down the Vegas strip and beside of Ballys. They came through blowing their horns and waving. Anyway, someone came through with a CF pup and a set of RDWY doubles. I'll look but I don't think I got a photo of either one. Just wondering if anyone else saw that or got a photo?? DS.

I''ve said it once,i'll say it again all the CF driver';sand other employee's got screwed it was a sham on how it all played out.

still see dolly's and trailer's here in knoxville still hurts to see them used for what there used for around here

what really hurt was going to the cf eqpt auctions and seeing the same idiots that ran the company in the ground(bob w and a few other suits from mpk/ptm) still on the payroll "observing" the sale in the meantime the rest of us had to wait 2 years to get paid only part of our money.

3)Do Not post anyone's last name under any circumstances here, you can say like "Bob" The TM at Atlanta but do not post his last name please.

Theres a hay broker that hauls hay to the horse racing tracks around New York state that has a lot of the old Consolidated Freightway pups lined up in back of his barns.
If your driving east bound on the New York Tru-way from Buffallo,just a few miles east of Batavia,if you look to the left you'll see them.
Yeah I got my first union job in 1966,and their was so many freight companies around that you couldn't count them all.

Now that I work for UPS Freight I see old union trailers at construction site once in awhile.
But the most old trailers I see still around are CF.

There's gotta be a "lead" sittin around somewhere unless they got one of those old Freightliner COE's with the concrete block on the back. Lets see how many remember those baby's.
The first time I saw one was back in about 1982 or so on the NY Thruway between Northeast, Pa. and Buff. I remember thinking "What the hell was that?".......

The first time I saw one was back in about 1982 or so on the NY Thruway between Northeast, Pa. and Buff. I remember thinking "What the hell was that?".......

Was it one of the pusher trucks CF used to have?

Like this one

cf_pusher03b.jpg

Great picture CFer. A tractor very similar to that was used to haul the dolly and tail (attached dolly 1st tail 2nd) across the 46 miles of I-90 in Pa when they wouldn't allow doubles of any type. Had a big concrete counter weight where the 5th wheel should be.