CF van

Discussion in 'Consolidated Freightways' started by Stimpy, Apr 7, 2010.

1. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

Did CF have vans to take drivers to the motel???? I seen a van last night that looked like it was. It was all beat up, but what made me think it was a CF van was the big red and green stripes down the side of it. I was with another CF driver when we saw it... he thought the same.

2. excfman

excfman Active Member

we didn't have any here in Knoxville. there we pickup by the hotel van or they bobtail over there. to tell you the truth i don't really know were they stay at.

3. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

I seen this van down toward Pittsburgh.... not a big deal. It just brought back some memories of the company colors. The motel in Erie had the van... so probably the company didn't have any.

4. forkspoon

forkspoon Big Member

That may have been a old Emery delivery van, I know they had the green and red stripes. You never know with CF it may have been some kind of test vehicle for the shop too.

5. Stimpy

Stimpy Wingnut

[quote author=forkspoon link=topic=79036.msg823551#msg823551 date=1271885566]
    That may have been a old Emery delivery van, I know they had the green and red stripes. You never know with CF it may have been some kind of test vehicle for the shop too.
    [/quote]

Never thought of that!!! I bet you are right!! Thanks.
    :thumbsup:

6. IBaCFer

IBaCFer Member

:shift: In CHR the motel(s) provided the vans to the motels (aka roach motels).