Yellow | CFO Jamie Pierson 8/1 Wallstreet Journal

I think it's a good idea only if it's enforced. Unfortunately customers always find a way to bring a weak sales force to their knees and we refund any kind of increase we try to impose. Hopefully that trend changes, but I'm not very optimistic.

"We want to get paid for the work we do. Nothing more, Nothing less"

Then someone out in Overland Park please tell me why I go to a nameless food warehouse in the Lehigh Valley, Spend hours there, (No dentition pay!) have to sort & segragate shipments (No fees!) Why are we waisting time with this? I know other LTL's will only deliver Pharmacy and try to dump the other crap on us because we will send a driver in there to spend hours on end!
Why don't we try to collect these charges? I'll bet system wide it would more than cover the $300,000 loss for the quarter!!!!!!

Just saying!

"The other thing that’s happened is the introduction of dimensioners. FedEx has been public about it, but a lot of companies are starting to use them more quietly. These dimensioners are lasers and they’re set up on the ceiling of the terminal to scan the freight. It takes a picture of it and puts the height, width, length, and weight right on the picture. So, now, when a customer comes back to us to check pricing on a shipment, we can hand them that picture of a single shipment and say this is how we classified it. It started in Europe, but the U.S. has been slower to adopt. There are hundreds in Europe, but only about 50 in the United States."

SO....we are going to spend all the money for these for the docks....it will not do **** for us if we do not have the equipment to load and haul the freight with, or a dependable tractor to pull it with!.....KK

Welch seems to think equipment and labor COSTS the company money, Everyone knows your equipment and labor MAKE the company money. No report on towing fees, repairs and down time for the second quarter. Just saying :shrug:

"The other thing that’s happened is the introduction of dimensioners. FedEx has been public about it, but a lot of companies are starting to use them more quietly. These dimensioners are lasers and they’re set up on the ceiling of the terminal to scan the freight. It takes a picture of it and puts the height, width, length, and weight right on the picture. So, now, when a customer comes back to us to check pricing on a shipment, we can hand them that picture of a single shipment and say this is how we classified it. It started in Europe, but the U.S. has been slower to adopt. There are hundreds in Europe, but only about 50 in the United States."

SO....we are going to spend all the money for these for the docks....it will not do **** for us if we do not have the equipment to load and haul the freight with, or a dependable tractor to pull it with!.....KK

Don't forget they will need 38 new roofs to support these dimensioners also.

Welch seems to think equipment and labor COSTS the company money, Everyone knows your equipment and labor MAKE the company money. No report on towing fees, repairs and down time for the second quarter. Just saying :shrug:
And no solid numbers on the cost of flooding a lot of the break bulk centers with PTS stuff and then run the very same PTS on designated bid runs.Last I heard the PTS cost is 1.35a mile? Aren't we cheaper? Pay cuts and non payment into pension funds should make us labor cheaper.Follow our copy of the MOU2014.Company might get the PTS loaded faster.One PTS driver said he waited over 10hours for his load...poor baby.

And no solid numbers on the cost of flooding a lot of the break bulk centers with PTS stuff and then run the very same PTS on designated bid runs.Last I heard the PTS cost is 1.35a mile? Aren't we cheaper? Pay cuts and non payment into pension funds should make us labor cheaper.Follow our copy of the MOU2014.Company might get the PTS loaded faster.One PTS driver said he waited over 10hours for his load...poor baby.

Last I knew, and this was a while ago, it cost over $2.54 per mile in LH cost alone for driver, truck, fuel, insurance, and related cost. Rail was cheapest, but less efficient than over the road.

Conway uses tape measures for dim. Checks...

Conway uses tape measures for dim. Checks...

Southeastern has had dimensioners for a couple years and have several in their system.Saia purchased some last year.
They are made by a company named Mettler Toledo.I wonder what estimated pay out on this high tech weight and research
Tool is.
Good thing they install them on the rafters or they would all be broke in 6 months.

Do they claim that revenue has increased at Ridge from use of the dimensioner?

The ridge sox have been using the dimensioners to help them better place fans who are overweight in the seats so they do not take up more than 1 skid spot.

I foresee in the future that one of our Trucking Board hero's will strip down to their birthday suit and stand in front the dimensioner to see how many "cubes" they have! :hysterical: