Yellow | CGB layoffs

sadiepoo

TB Lurker
Credits
Was on road monday back to CGB. Layoff letter was mailed monday. Got letter when I got home. Get ready everyone. Happy halloween.:shock:

After further investigation (interrogation), I have found that three(3) letters were sent out. Bottom three I can only assume. Confirm?

Hire date was early Aug 08, along with 5 others. Started late Aug after giving 2wks notice 2 fedx gr. Should have started then without notice to fedx. Guess I was last on totem pole with the other 2.

Hire date was early Aug 08, along with 5 others. Started late Aug after giving 2wks notice 2 fedx gr. Should have started then without notice to fedx. Guess I was last on totem pole with the other 2.

Don't second guess your reality. Just hope for a positive future outlook.

Yeah Sadie I should have stayed in CGb . was only in PDU 8 weeks and got laid off. It was my understanding that friday 10/31 there was supposed to be 20 to 25 more laid off from CGB

We have in excess of 400 converters in CGB now. Never saw anything like it. Oh.....never mind.... infact, I HAVE seen that before.

We have in excess of 400 converters in CGB now. Never saw anything like it. Oh.....never mind.... infact, I HAVE seen that before.

Was told by management, that Roadway was parking a bunch of jiff lock dollies & replacing them with Yellow's dollies

Was told by management, that Roadway was parking a bunch of jiff lock dollies & replacing them with Yellow's dollies

Was advised by a Hostler in KC, that system wide they are getting rid of over 7000 trailers and are deadlining all the old jiff locks and removing them from service and replacing them with the new style.

Was advised by a Hostler in KC, that system wide they are getting rid of over 7000 trailers and are deadlining all the old jiff locks and removing them from service and replacing them with the new style.

Eventually, there will be no more Jiff Locs. RDWY had to have "special order "tractors to be built just for them for this Jiff loc system. No more "special orders." But as long as you see the "jiffable tractors" out there ( the orange and the blue ) the jiffs will still be around. RDWY's BLUE tractors are just "regular" trucks, and can not jiff up/down.... and when the equipment pool can handle just having "dollies" and no more Jiffable tractors, then the Jiffs will all be gone.