XPO | Change in bidding process? Please take the poll.

Should L/H and P&D bid opportunities be increased from once to twice a year?

• Yes to either nights/days and destination/start time.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Yes to only destination/start time.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • No, leave everything alone.

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters

ScotchNeat

TB Veteran
Credits
Would you like to be able to change up your bid twice a year? What would that look like to you? Should we be able to change the first part of bid sheet between linehaul and city along with our destinations and start times in each category? Should we stay within our first category for the entire year, but have the bids opened up to changes in destinations and start times? Please take the poll.

Would you like to be able to change up your bid twice a year? What would that look like to you? Should we be able to change the first part of bid sheet between linehaul and city along with our destinations and start times in each category? Should we stay within our first category for the entire year, but have the bids opened up to changes in destinations and start times? Please take the poll.
yes bid every six months

If it runs Apr-Sept, and Oct-Mar, yes.

Inbound through the summer, city through the winter sounds just fine to me.

As I said months ago at my terminal the number 2 guy in seniority claimed he missed bid 2 weeks after we bid human resources let him rebid . When I asked why I was told the old bidding policy was with Conway. This is XPO they changed that policy. I was told several terminals this year allowed some of the driver's were able to rebid
O

Nope- once a year. Fill out your JSP one time in January, bid what you want and be done with it. Make a mistake, you've got a year to think about how important it is not to do that. Stop doing rebids. Stop catering to the indecisive and perennially dissatisfied.
Nope- once a year. Fill out your JSP one time in January, bid what you want and be done with it. Make a mistake, you've got a year to think about how important it is not to do that. Stop doing rebids. Stop catering to the indecisive and perennially dissatisfied.
I agree people need to do their bid sheets correctly and thoughtfully and when I did this poll, the last people I was thinking about was the malcontents and dumbasses. I did this so that the drivers would have a chance at a more desirable start time as conditions such as freight movement, inbound tonnage. There are two ways to do a bid sheet, your way as in bid what you want and the other way as in bid what you know you can hold. Both have pros and cons. I don't see my idea as catering as much as I see it as a way to get more drivers getting more of the times and destinations they prefer.

Why is anybody even bothering to discuss this? The company will do as they please, and we all know that.
I can tell you that a person very very high up the Con-Way chain used to come here every morning for several years and read this forum and never made a post but he is not there anymore ... Your posts get read by people in high places on Truckingboards.

I can tell you that a person very very high up the Con-Way chain used to come here every morning for several years and read this forum and never made a post but he is not there anymore ... Your posts get read by people in high places on Truckingboards.
Lol. Yep.. they do.

Annnd , stop making management work harder. More bidding means more work for management.

Why make management have to deal with this , right?

Lmfao I don't know about most of you but i personally wish they would do away with it all together I like knowing what I am going to be doing every day every yr I don't like this crap of I finally get what I want and where I want to be and a senior Driver thinks oh wow what he has looks better than what I got I am bumping him out then he realizes oh crap I ****ed up I don't like it !! Personally wish they would post job openings when they came available and you could bid when its open and if your rank allows you to get it Its your'res until you leave or choose to give it up