XPO | Change in bidding process? Please take the poll.

Should L/H and P&D bid opportunities be increased from once to twice a year?

• Yes to either nights/days and destination/start time.

Votes: 7 17.9%
  • Yes to only destination/start time.

Votes: 4 10.3%
  • No, leave everything alone.

Votes: 28 71.8%

• Total voters
It's been years ago and at least three TMs back for me , but a rebid should happen if you have big changes ( like you described ) in my case we rebid in October and then did the regular bidding again in November.

Also , FOSs and TM were told from corporate a few years ago that once the job selection process is done drivers start times can only be adjusted an hour either way.
you're kidding again,right

I can't speak for anyplace but my home terminal , but we are short at least 10 drivers. The FOSs constantly remind us that they would bring drivers in earlier but one hour early ( and that's all ) is corporate policy.
It was the Conway policy. The new Xpo policy and procedures is suppose to be released sometime this month.

I agree with thinking through your job selection, but I have seen some crazy things happen this year that no matter how well thought out a plan was for some drivers, their P&D times changed radically. I saw drivers who were starting at 1030 moving to 0700. At least at my place during the most recent JSP, managment handed out a pile of late city start times, only to 3 months later open up a bunch of early start times. What's a driver to do? If things are going to this fluid, why shouldn't the company offer a mid year bidding process to allow drivers to adapt to the changes in ops?

Bid what you want and when it comes open, you will get it. Pretty simple really. On line haul. I bid the run I can hold. And then run it. I don't like running the same barn two years in a row. They get way to used to you and heap to much on you. Switching things up can keep you fresh. At least middle of the board, as I am. If I was able to be 1 or 2 of 6 or more somewhere, that would change my attitude on that.

I can't speak for anyplace but my home terminal , but we are short at least 10 drivers. The FOSs constantly remind us that they would bring drivers in earlier but one hour early ( and that's all ) is corporate policy.
guess our terminal is totally "illegal",never heard one word of that and it is definitely not followed