Yellow | Change Of Operations 03/11/13

With all due respect. The Motor Carrier Act of 1980 is far and away the most destructive event in trucking.

O.K. then it's the 2nd worst thing then. If you ask me I think they are both tied for 1st.

Motor Carrier Act of 1980 initiated the demise of the smaller union carriers, which placed the burden on the larger companies to support the pension funds.
This has lead to the situation we now face.

It also was the basis for NAFTA.

Gapooh,
I said that they were running 16 quarters at record profit, not that they had an extra 1.whatever billion dollars sitin around to buy Roadway, USF and the truck line in China, was it the wrong thing to do at the wrong time to do it, I think we can all agree on that point .

That question would probably be a good thread to start....might have 180,000 responses and kick the server in the "nether regions"

Well when i hit the 260 million powerball jackpot i am buying up all the shares and you all will be working for me lmao. My first act will to replace welch and rogers with big r guy and remo that is if we can find him

Regardless of the Motor Carrier Act, why hasn't the IBT organized any meaningful companies in the past 30 years?

Did you think they dont want to organize trucklines?? I have a few fishin buddys that work for Teamster companies that arent in the trucking sector and their benies are nowhere near what ours are.. They pay for their medical, a 401k retirement (which isnt a bad thing) they dont have the vaca or sick time, yet still pay the 58.00 a month dues.. Dos this maybe clear things up a bit??

Not really! You didn't honestly answer my question! Meaningful companies the IBT has organized in the past 3 decades? Is membership in the IBT up or down in the past 10 years? 5 years?

Did you think they dont want to organize trucklines?? I have a few fishin buddys that work for Teamster companies that arent in the trucking sector and their benies are nowhere near what ours are.. They pay for their medical, a 401k retirement (which isnt a bad thing) they dont have the vaca or sick time, yet still pay the 58.00 a month dues.. Dos this maybe clear things up a bit??

Good Morning,
I'm on a roll tonight because my fellow Teamster Brother's, whom I have worked with, after the closure of my barn 3.5 years ago, will be subjected to lay-off on May 14, after the current COOP. They have suffered financially, just as I have!
They are descent, hard working productive employees! AND they deserve better! Seniority ALWAYS prevails, regardless!
I am sad and hope the current COOP allows the rest of us to WAKE UP!!!

That was me. I guess I read your post wrong.

Originally Posted by Triplex
Here we go again, another crybaby whining about those with seniority choosing to work just because he doesn't have enough himself. Boo hoo!
He wrote this on yahoo about everybody on truckingboards ,and that work for YRC Freight.....
************************************************** ************************************************** *******************
And the stupid YRC drivers on truckingboards think this is a good thing!!!!!
World class Idiots,I am glad YRC laid me off and the stupid ***** voted for no pension,I now work for a real outfit UPS.

GO BROWN!!!!

Sentiment : Strong Sell
Rating :
(No ratings)
Rate it:

jimbobillybob

??? I work for YRC Freight.Don't know where ya got that one.

That was me. I guess I read your post wrong.

Originally Posted by Triplex
Here we go again, another crybaby whining about those with seniority choosing to work just because he doesn't have enough himself. Boo hoo!
He wrote this on yahoo about everybody on truckingboards ,and that work for YRC Freight.....
************************************************** ************************************************** *******************
And the stupid YRC drivers on truckingboards think this is a good thing!!!!!
World class Idiots,I am glad YRC laid me off and the stupid ***** voted for no pension,I now work for a real outfit UPS.

GO BROWN!!!!

Sentiment : Strong Sell
Rating :
(No ratings)
Rate it:

jimbobillybob

Reading is a skill boys........

jimbobillybob wrote that, and take note how he called YRC drivers S****