Yellow | Change Of Operations 03/11/13

You truly are part of the problem.

(they are moving more freight faster!!!!)
Reading is a skill try to master it.

Dear all YRC Freight Employees,

yrc-atm,( a employee of Holland), just called the company you work for a pig. Anybody care to comment on that one???

(Because when this pig finally dies the regionals will die with it.)

I guess you didnt read the 10k (do you know what that is). Total tonnage is down for 2012. Total shipments are down for 2012. Tonnage per day is down for 2012. Shipments per day is down for 2012. Sorry girl but you are hauling less freight while the rest of the industry is hauling more. And a company that takes years to turn a pittance of a profit after billions in wage concessions and constant coos and straddled with billions of debt is a pig.

I guess you didnt read the 10k (do you know what that is). Total tonnage is down for 2012. Total shipments are down for 2012. Tonnage per day is down for 2012. Shipments per day is down for 2012. Sorry girl but you are hauling less freight while the rest of the industry is hauling more. And a company that takes years to turn a pittance of a profit after billions in wage concessions and constant coos and straddled with billions of debt is a pig.
Dude.... that lost tonnage was garbage freight!! No money was being made from it!!! There will always be another COO around the corner; it makes management make it look like there are doing something. If your logic was true; then why are they grossing more money moving less freight????

Answer the question.....

Why are they grossing more money moving less freight????

Wow, this is freaking huge. Hopefully some of the dinosaurs will retire and allow the others to maintain employment. This is a major leap in consolidating the local cartage operations and getting the line haul network in better shape, therefore cutting the handling of freight and getting it through the system faster. Cutting overhead and wasted salaries from excessive management, reducing empty or half loaded miles between the end of lines and the breaks go along way to ensuring this company remains a viable competitor in the game. It looks like they are actually heading in the right direction with this change. Before any one snaps, I do have a horse in this race, Although it may be an old nag, it still pulls its weight and will give the other horses a run for their money.

Start a new thread and let's kick around some thoughts on THAT subject.

This is the true definition of kicking a gift horse in the mouth! WE have given up tens of thousnads of dollars, reduced pensions and given up a weeks of vacation over the years and this is what we get.........to all of you YES men I hope you finally see the moral of the story.

Apparently you must think that the overhead costs are more important than peoles' livlihoods. At the very minimum 230 peole will lose thier jobs, and thats not to mention those that will not move and will also lose their job. After all we have sacrificed to help the company survive, this is the ultimate kick in the face by getting rid of probably 500 careers from the peole that helped the company become profitable again.:9529:

Its a business, a large one at that. This is no "mom 'n pop" shop.

If it were, we would have Christmas parties and bonuses.....

Those that run it have a responsibility to their shareholders and those that have assumed risk to make it PROFITABLE.

The days are gone when ANYONE could start up a trucking company with the protection of "regulation," service and/or timeliness could be sold to customers.

That "may" happen again, but, only when ALL of the smaller, non-threatening entities have been eliminated and when those with mega $$$ backing are satisfied with their share of the market. (You see the dilemma?)

I feel for those that have been displaced throughout this nasty string of events, from the first to be laid off after the merger to those that stand to lose their jobs in the future.

(But, its still business)

Do you think that if the two companies were to have remained separate, I mean Yellow not buying Roadway, that both would have survived and not made SIGNIFICANT changes to their respective networks?

How dramatic or drastic is immaterial, but it would have happened. Networks would have been altered and terminals would have been closed! The economy could not have support these behemoths!

Now you want to rant about how this is a "kick in the teeth." If YRC is to pay off their incredible debts and reduce the interest rates associated therewith, then they must show "due diligence." Streamlining is of the utmost. There were some bottlenecks, with which needed to be dealt. Is this the best solution, only the future will tell; I am sure there are MORE changes to come.

Now I ain't too happy about all of this high level mgmt addition, for sure, but I do understand bringing in people that the boss feels can be trusted. I will not pass financial judgement on that for at least one year. (personally :9529:)

Now, if we had all voted "no" in the beginning, it would be moot. YRC as we know it would be out of business and have emerged from bankruptcy as YRCX. In the process 25,000 would be looking for jobs with non-"union" carriers, the NMFC would be a memory and no one would be left to fight for better wages and benefits for all, thus, not keeping wages in the industry competitive.

Now, understand, I do not drink "koolaid." I do understand economics slightly and I am able to draw conclusions from information I have accumulated.

Do not stir up crap because you have an axe to grind with the past. Everyone that works for this company should realize that jobs are on the line EVERY day. The better we do our jobs and the more efficient we become, the better chance we have of continuing.

The past is passed, get over it!

OK, so I'm Retired, I am 66, and no, I'm not "Humpin' To Please", I'm not even humpin', Retirement is like fishing, nothing else to do, and yes, I Drove for the Forerunner of YRC, Cain & Bultman, which was a Distibutor for Zenith, and a bunch of other Appliance Manufacturers, back when they were in Upstate New York, and no, I'm not a "Goofer", but then, I don't expect anybody to be able to know what a "Goofer" is, So now you know what YRC's main line of Cartage's was, Appliances. Jenn-Air, Cobra, goodness, I could go on. A "Goofer" is one who Pilferages. Thought I's tell you before one of these other old '119' Dudes told you wrong.

Its a business, a large one at that. This is no "mom 'n pop" shop.

If it were, we would have Christmas parties and bonuses.....

Those that run it have a responsibility to their shareholders and those that have assumed risk to make it PROFITABLE.

The days are gone when ANYONE could start up a trucking company with the protection of "regulation," service and/or timeliness could be sold to customers.

That "may" happen again, but, only when ALL of the smaller, non-threatening entities have been eliminated and when those with mega $$$ backing are satisfied with their share of the market. (You see the dilemma?)

I feel for those that have been displaced throughout this nasty string of events, from the first to be laid off after the merger to those that stand to lose their jobs in the future.

(But, its still business)

Do you think that if the two companies were to have remained separate, I mean Yellow not buying Roadway, that both would have survived and not made SIGNIFICANT changes to their respective networks?

How dramatic or drastic is immaterial, but it would have happened. Networks would have been altered and terminals would have been closed! The economy could not have support these behemoths!

Now you want to rant about how this is a "kick in the teeth." If YRC is to pay off their incredible debts and reduce the interest rates associated therewith, then they must show "due diligence." Streamlining is of the utmost. There were some bottlenecks, with which needed to be dealt. Is this the best solution, only the future will tell; I am sure there are MORE changes to come.

Now I ain't too happy about all of this high level mgmt addition, for sure, but I do understand bringing in people that the boss feels can be trusted. I will not pass financial judgement on that for at least one year. (personally :9529:)

Now, if we had all voted "no" in the beginning, it would be moot. YRC as we know it would be out of business and have emerged from bankruptcy as YRCX. In the process 25,000 would be looking for jobs with non-"union" carriers, the NMFC would be a memory and no one would be left to fight for better wages and benefits for all, thus, not keeping wages in the industry competitive.

Now, understand, I do not drink "koolaid." I do understand economics slightly and I am able to draw conclusions from information I have accumulated.

Do not stir up crap because you have an axe to grind with the past. Everyone that works for this company should realize that jobs are on the line EVERY day. The better we do our jobs and the more efficient we become, the better chance we have of continuing.

The past is passed, get over it!

That is one fine answer!!

kool_aid_man_caught_in_the_act_by_therealsneakers-d342yc8.jpg

Wow, this is freaking huge. Hopefully some of the dinosaurs will retire and allow the others to maintain employment. This is a major leap in consolidating the local cartage operations and getting the line haul network in better shape, therefore cutting the handling of freight and getting it through the system faster. Cutting overhead and wasted salaries from excessive management, reducing empty or half loaded miles between the end of lines and the breaks go along way to ensuring this company remains a viable competitor in the game. It looks like they are actually heading in the right direction with this change. Before any one snaps, I do have a horse in this race, Although it may be an old nag, it still pulls its weight and will give the other horses a run for their money.
Talk about a measter. You are referring to the guys who put it on the line all their lives to build what we used to have. I'm sure you're a pleasure to work with, bringing in the doughnuts, hurrying it up to get out of the yard before one of those dinosaurs robs you of your precious overtime and all.

I wonder if Estes wants to buy are empty buildings.

Most of the terminals that are scheduled for closing are already owned be other freight companies....including my alma mater Ft. Smith, Ar......That terminal is owned by my current employer Southeastern Freight. Always wanted to work there again....just not this way :(

Elwood, kudos to you! Your rebuttal is a masterpiece. Yes there WILL be significant disruption of many lives. But as you correctly observed YRCW's obligation is to shareholders. Thankfully for everyone, more people understand what you've so eloquently stated than don't.
To all please don't let emotion obscure common sense decisions.

Just took a 1/2 hour and skimmed over the COO. First thoughts?
1. If this Union allows 200+ members to lose their jobs then why in Gods name are we paying dues?

2. Somebody must really be pissed off at 135/R-70 to put a frekin relay in Staunton Va so they can bypass (Or runover) 135 to the north! (Staunton will be primary to Brooklyn N.Y.???)

3. Closing both Liz & Carlstadt N.J in favor of Garbage City (Old rex term for 111) and Trenton? Huh? And what do you say to the however many dock Workers at those 2 locations when you tell them they have to end tail into the I.L.A. list? And did 111 suddenly gain 70+ doors to handle the extra work?
What an I missing?
Is someone in Overland Park looking for a war?
Good night all! God Bless and Good luck!

Just 1 question then i will leave you all alone to figure out whos moving and whos not. even though thats not the only way to lose a job.If 25 -30 guys show up with more senority your done too .
the question is this .
IS THERE ANY1 COUNTRY WIDE THAT HAVE NOT BEEN EFFECTED BY A COO ?
just wondering because ive often said that they wont stop until they have screwed each and every 1 of us.
Moved with 2 changes, then last year was told my terminal would be moving in March of 13.. I quit and went to work for the profitable company 30 minutes from the house. With this change they will be CLOSING my last YRC barn, and maybe 1/2-2/3rds of the men will follow the work, I also worked with alot of dock only men that moved to Cincy only to have to relocate again for this sorry PIG!!! Yes I called it a SORRY PIG!!!

Hey Jenny heres that change that you were so adimant wasnt going to happen.. Guess Slim and Rockstar have been right about how this PIG likes to move people around until they finally quit.. Looks like Im gonna be put on the time out chair since Ive agree with 2 guys whove been banned for calling it how they see it..

Moved with 2 changes, then last year was told my terminal would be moving in March of 13.. I quit and went to work for the profitable company 30 minutes from the house. With this change they will be CLOSING my last YRC barn, and maybe 1/2-2/3rds of the men will follow the work, I also worked with alot of dock only men that moved to Cincy only to have to relocate again for this sorry PIG!!! Yes I called it a SORRY PIG!!!

Hey Jenny heres that change that you were so adamant wasnt going to happen.. Guess Slim and Rockstar have been right about how this PIG likes to move people around until they finally quit.. Looks like Im gonna be put on the time out chair since Ive agree with 2 guys who've been banned for calling it how they see it..

Wrong... I have said over, and over again there will always be another COO around the corner. It's just like snow in the winter, and a thunderstorm in the summer. It's like getting gas after eating to much Taco Bell...it's gonna happen!

So, let me be the first to say this won't be the last change.

P.S. You need to go back, and look at why those two are banned members; it wasn't because they disagreed with me.

As for your pig comment; I hope this company stays in business for a long time, and I am sure the families of all the employees feel the same, and at least most of the effected employees might have a chance to stay on somewhere! Trucking is a transient occupation; always has been, always will be.

P.P.S.

(I quit and went to work for the profitable company 30 minutes from the house.)

So, why are you worried about my opinions, and YRC???

you are wrong ,at least it was never as bad as the last 8 years . more changes the last 8 years that the 12or 13 before.
you better check again with all those family's you were talking about because of the 3 or 4 ive been involved in id say there was a much larger % of broken familys than ever before,wifes dont wont to move away from their kids and guys say i gotta work so they go for a while until the seperation from their lifes builds up and its over, seen it over and over again.