Yellow | Change Of Operations 03/11/13

so kk the fact the debt has gone up from 837 million in 2010 to 1,336,000,000 billion dosent bother you really kk and allthe payments due this year and next

450 million of that debt is from loans taken out just to operate in some States. It was 500 million; YRC was able to reduce, or eliminate 50 million of those notes last quarter; it's on the conference call. Go listen to it!!

Chicago 309

450 million of that debt is from loans taken out just to operate in some States. It was 500 million; YRC was able to reduce, or eliminate 50 million of those notes last quarter; it's on the conference call. Go listen to it!!

Ignore list.

They have finally got to the point were companies are willing to lease them new equipment also! That was on the call also!

Trust me I don't like everything that is going on with this company; now, or in the past. But, some of you have no idea how good you have it. I went to work with a (NameLESS Company) for 9 months of my 2 year layoff. They are supposed to have more money that god; Let me tell you, if they blind folded you, and dropped you in their terminal you would think they was the company going bankrupt. So, be careful what you wish for people!!!

I just don't understand what is so hard for some to recognize. We have terminals that are redundant or under utilized. Those facilities must be eliminated. This proposal is an EFFICIENCY COO. That means that, whether you agree or not, people in Overland Park have determined that this COO will reduce OVERALL costs.
We all came here with the understanding that our employment would consist of specific benefits (wages, insurance, retirement). Unlike MANY in America we were ASKED when those conditions were changed. But this is America, and just as an employer has the right to let you go if they feel you have not fulfilled your end of that bargain. So conversely when you feel that your employer is not living up to their end you have the right to seek an employer who will.
The MOUs gave us the right to have our interests represented. NOT to tell YRC how to run THEIR BUSINESS!

what gives anyone that works for yrc to say anything other that thank you. If your a person that has been loosing in this you should have been prepared and if not you may be thanful.You must think that yes this company is slowly going out and is weening their babies. Is it not better that letting the whole work force into unemployment? The other side of this is yes Welch is doing right and we will remain. At our area the closing are asked for and caused. I actually mean the union employees are so disgruntle that they destroyed their job .

so kk the fact the debt has gone up from 837 million in 2010 to 1,336,000,000 billion dosent bother you really kk and allthe payments due this year and next

Why should I let it bother me?.....Just like this COO, why should I let it bother me?

The investors and banks control this Company now.....they are going to cut and trim to make it even more profitable for them......the hopeful outcome of it should be we are still here and working...money has been made for the last 2 Quarters,,,,.being pissed off about it, tearing up freight, tearing up equipment, slow walking and killing time is not going to help a damned one of us......so some need to grow up, or get the hell out!....

There I said it,,,,

The IBT will hold a hearing to go over the COO and each Local will be able to show up, and speak up. Then the final decision will be made as to who goes where, and then we move on to see how it works out.

If it was not for the IBT, they would have closed by now, many have forgotten this....but, they are probably the ones who were fodder from the merger.....it is what it is, and it ain't what it ain't......depends on if your are working.....laid off....or have moved on to other venues......KK

Is the coo really on hold. For how long. Whats the chances of it getting cancelled. Cant they just re-write a few things and resubmit it. It seems like if they really want your barn closed they will get there way eventually, right ? This is so frustrating and sad for all those who have given it a 100 % and now looking for a new job or big commute times or uprooting family.

And this too will pass.

what gives anyone that works for yrc to say anything other that thank you. If your a person that has been loosing in this you should have been prepared and if not you may be thanful.You must think that yes this company is slowly going out and is weening their babies. Is it not better that letting the whole work force into unemployment? The other side of this is yes Welch is doing right and we will remain. At our area the closing are asked for and caused. I actually mean the union employees are so disgruntle that they destroyed their job .

I got to ask. Would you feel the same way if you where one of the 230 losing their job? I think not!

I just don't understand what is so hard for some to recognize. We have terminals that are redundant or under utilized. Those facilities must be eliminated. This proposal is an EFFICIENCY COO. That means that, whether you agree or not, people in Overland Park have determined that this COO will reduce OVERALL costs.
We all came here with the understanding that our employment would consist of specific benefits (wages, insurance, retirement). Unlike MANY in America we were ASKED when those conditions were changed. But this is America, and just as an employer has the right to let you go if they feel you have not fulfilled your end of that bargain. So conversely when you feel that your employer is not living up to their end you have the right to seek an employer who will.
The MOUs gave us the right to have our interests represented. NOT to tell YRC how to run THEIR BUSINESS!

What a crock! I bet you would also try to tell me all these other changes were needed & helpful! Please stop! I'm laughing so hard my pop im drinking just came out my nose! Haha ha!!!!

What a crock! I bet you would also try to tell me all these other changes were needed & helpful! Please stop! I'm laughing so hard my pop im drinking just came out my nose! Haha ha!!!!

Well perhaps you will support your assertion. I'll go first. On the west and northwest side of Chicago we now have 5 terminals within 25 miles of each other. This proposed COO closes 2 Libertyville 316 and Crystal Lake 354. Bolingbrook 318, Wheeling 303, and Montgomery 304 will absorb the territory from the closed facilities. I guess in your world we still have to keep unnecessary terminals open and WASTE money.

Indy 324 is finally getting back the jobs they took away in last years COO now hopefully they can finally get some of us called back to work

Hey Im.NOW looking at the change from last year indy GAINED 22 follow the work jobs and 10 jobs from the pool.....how is it you say there getting the jobs BACK???

Hey Im.NOW looking at the change from last year indy GAINED 22 follow the work jobs and 10 jobs from the pool.....how is it you say there getting the jobs BACK???

I think he might be a dock/city worker. They have taken a beating the last few years.

i lol the change is on hold lol funny they said that last change wake up, people the unioun dip**** tyson saying that there just saying that to make you happy thinking there going to stop or make big changes to the change thats funny STOP BELIEVE YOUR UNIOUN BOSSSES AND STEWARDS THE CHANGE IS GOING THRU HEARD IN APRIL AND IN AFFECT IN MAY and for those that say they cant afford this change people stop plz reallly 109 road guys dont have jobs 200 300 wont move and who knows how many city , dock, mechanis ,etc wont theyll pay for the 100 or 200 road dock city etc that move with the savings of all the people that quit in a month or 2 do the math

Well perhaps you will support your assertion. I'll go first. On the west and northwest side of Chicago we now have 5 terminals within 25 miles of each other. This proposed COO closes 2 Libertyville 316 and Crystal Lake 354. Bolingbrook 318, Wheeling 303, and Montgomery 304 will absorb the territory from the closed facilities. I guess in your world we still have to keep unnecessary terminals open and WASTE money.

Albag,
I know you were asking someone else to support their assertion but, if ya don't mind I'd like to jump in here.
After the last COO the powers to be closed Topeka and St Joe, stating it would be more efficient to run them out of KC. They stated that they would not only service the customers we had but, grow the areas. The men in those terminals now commute to KC. Each route now has 1 driver covering them (from KC) and we have lost countless customers.
I know this for a fact, I know the men from these areas and they talk to the customers....The point I'm trying to make is....It may look good on paper but, in actuality....not so much.

Several years ago, a VP came to our terminal and one of the wisest things I've ever heard anyone from the glass house say, told us, "The only thing we have to sell is service, WE can not afford to be the cheapest carrier out there, WE have to be the best!" After he left, management started to listen to the men and we started to work together instead of against each other and low and behold, WE ran 16 consecutive quarters making record proffits...Just saying...

little d, I am pleased that you've reasonably replied. Some here want to portray people such as me as callous and /or indifferent to the pain that will be suffered. I am not. Neither am I naive enough to believe this will solve all the problems at YRCF. I do believe that Welsh and Rogers are looking for ways to satisfy as many stakeholders as possible. That will require continued positive revenue. At this juncture streamlining seem to be their best option.