Yellow | Change Of Operations 03/11/13

Albag,
thank you for the kind words. I live my life by the motto, Respect me and I'll treat you the same, Disrespect me and...Well, it's going to be a long day for someone. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and bad mouth others, I choose to not say anything on here or any other form that I wouldn't say to them personally...Toe to toe, eye to eye but, that's just me.

I personally, don't think you or others are "callous and /or indifferent" but, I do believe you and others have a hard time being objective...Being able to step back, take yourself and your "wants/needs" out of the equation and take a hard look at everything.

Because I choose to be objective and not just "go along to get along" and hold individuals accountable for their actions, I'm dubbed one of the "Dooms day-rs"...Nothing could be farther from the truth. As I have said, this is my home, my company, I have years of my life invested here and want nothing more than for it to succeeded, to be able to come to work with the security of knowing it will be around, to be able to do my job to the best of my ability with out being harassed, to be a member of the YRC Freight team instead of treated like an adversary and/or just a number with little or no regard.

It is documented FACT....INDISPUTABLE, DOCUMENTED FACT, that when management put aside their attitude of "screw them before they screw us", sat down with labor, listened and implemented changes from those that were actually doing the work, Worked hand in hand WITH labor, that WE as a whole company, went through THE MOST PROSPEROUS TIME IN OUR HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!! And until WE as a whole company, stop allowing it to be managed by "Bean Counters" and demand that it be run like a Freight company again, to stop allowing #'s to be more important than taking care of the CUSTOMER, stop allowing management to "fix the symptoms" instead of addressing the PROBLEMS....We will continue down the same path and I sir, will not sit back and watch quietly as MY company is destroyed.

Take a look at HOSTESS backery, how mis-management destroyed that company and what happened to those TEAMSTERS, I choose not to be like them.

Was trying to figure out where the 241 lh drivers would retreat/rush off to..figured indy was where they came in from last change...guess they wont be likely to want to go there as much.

Was trying to figure out where the 241 lh drivers would retreat/rush off to..figured indy was where they came in from last change...guess they wont be likely to want to go there as much.

Last change we got 20+ l/h drivers from Columbus (857). BTW, Columbus gaining 4 drivers. THAT is why I don't "follow the freight"!

Originally Posted by albag

Well perhaps you will support your assertion. I'll go first. On the west and northwest side of Chicago we now have 5 terminals within 25 miles of each other. This proposed COO closes 2 Libertyville 316 and Crystal La
I know you speak wioth fork toung ke 354. Bolingbrook 318, Wheeling 303, and Montgomery 304 will absorb the territory from the closed facilities. I guess in your world we still have to keep unnecessary terminals open and WASTE money

.Albag Im sure glad it is not just me, is there every going to be a time when you will take the members side over the union or company ? or do you feel like all the time it is imporant to state the company side, you just cant get that company side out of you . I would stop driving and try to apply with Roadway so you can help turn them back to blue.they are hiring back all old mangment you should try it.

phantom_309 here's a little concept many such as you simply cannot grasp. No company, no union. Also please don't edit my posts it demeans you!

yeah they'll run in fuel at 135 and run out. Everyone running over 135 will be able to reset. Or they'll be able to high line sitting on the bench.

phantom_309 did the person who hired you lie to you or tell you a Fairytale? I ask this only because you seem to believe that the company should consult with you. When I was hired, my job responsibilities were explained to me. Strategic business decisions wasn't mentioned. I was told that in exchange for reporting when called and completing my assignments I would be paid VERY well. First Roadway and now YRCF, they have NEVER dissappointed.
little d I also strive to be respectful to all. Sometimes though I falter. When I express an opinion it from the perspective of a 25 year road driver only.

I believe you should e-mail this statement to Welch.

Albag,
thank you for the kind words. I live my life by the motto, Respect me and I'll treat you the same, Disrespect me and...Well, it's going to be a long day for someone. It's easy to sit behind a computer screen and bad mouth others, I choose to not say anything on here or any other form that I wouldn't say to them personally...Toe to toe, eye to eye but, that's just me.

I personally, don't think you or others are "callous and /or indifferent" but, I do believe you and others have a hard time being objective...Being able to step back, take yourself and your "wants/needs" out of the equation and take a hard look at everything.

Because I choose to be objective and not just "go along to get along" and hold individuals accountable for their actions, I'm dubbed one of the "Dooms day-rs"...Nothing could be farther from the truth. As I have said, this is my home, my company, I have years of my life invested here and want nothing more than for it to succeeded, to be able to come to work with the security of knowing it will be around, to be able to do my job to the best of my ability with out being harassed, to be a member of the YRC Freight team instead of treated like an adversary and/or just a number with little or no regard.

It is documented FACT....INDISPUTABLE, DOCUMENTED FACT, that when management put aside their attitude of "screw them before they screw us", sat down with labor, listened and implemented changes from those that were actually doing the work, Worked hand in hand WITH labor, that WE as a whole company, went through THE MOST PROSPEROUS TIME IN OUR HISTORY!!!!!!!!!!!!! And until WE as a whole company, stop allowing it to be managed by "Bean Counters" and demand that it be run like a Freight company again, to stop allowing #'s to be more important than taking care of the CUSTOMER, stop allowing management to "fix the symptoms" instead of addressing the PROBLEMS....We will continue down the same path and I sir, will not sit back and watch quietly as MY company is destroyed.

Take a look at HOSTESS backery, how mis-management destroyed that company and what happened to those TEAMSTERS, I choose not to be like them.

The bottom line is we keep losing market share,business,and customers.we keep shutting down terminals to add density to the system while our competetors add doors to existing facilities,build new terminals,and expand their areas of service

I believe you should e-mail this statement to Welch.

Hanalad,
believe it or not, I found Mr. Welches phone #, called and left a voice mail.... I was very cordial stating I knew he was busy and all and that we at KCM had gone through the chain of command contacting everyone up the chain and that he was our last chance...No reply.

I know I am a no body, just a # but, if I took over a mess like he has and an employee put forth the effort to find my # and call....I would want to know what that man had to say...I might not agree with or do anything about it but, I'd damn sure want to hear him out, but then again, that's my perspective....

the bottom line is we keep losing market share,business,and customers.we keep shutting down terminals to add density to the system while our competetors add doors to existing facilities,build new terminals,and expand their areas of service

ding....ding....ding! Folks, we have a winner!

:dance::bgroovy::clapping::bananapartyhat::6799::15::bouncy::icon_dance::1sm364

Albag,

There's that dadgum EEFB thought process again. It has to haunt SOMEONE that is still left in the ivory tower...

Well perhaps you will support your assertion. I'll go first. On the west and northwest side of Chicago we now have 5 terminals within 25 miles of each other. This proposed COO closes 2 Libertyville 316 and Crystal Lake 354. Bolingbrook 318, Wheeling 303, and Montgomery 304 will absorb the territory from the closed facilities. I guess in your world we still have to keep unnecessary terminals open and WASTE money.
al, this is where the problem lies, for years this company has operated like this, 5 terminals within 25 miles,, and they thought the Big R had terminals at every corner in the 80s.. Accordong to kk the banks are now running the show, seems to me theyve been running the show for sometime, and correct me if Im wrong but wasnt Zollars a figurehead for his last 3 years?? I can totally agree with closing of SOME of these terminals, but to abandon areas completely and have 90 minute stem times to your first stop is not saving anything.. Maybe Welch is trying to save this, maybe the banks are giving him some free rein since he seems to be a freight man, but if the banks are or were running this why werent these changes made before now?? The rank and file have donated religiously every week since Jan 09, the rank and file have given up rights, vaca, and pension to keep this pig going,, and now the thought of moving again. I thought with 20 years in 09 I was safe, well I wasnt, and I hope it doesnt happen to you, but maybe one day your 25 years might not be safe.. The rank and file are tired of this, the only thing they havent done to us in a while was take more, but they sure have made many of us move again, or make decisions to throw in the towel..

al, this is where the problem lies, for years this company has operated like this, 5 terminals within 25 miles,, and they thought the Big R had terminals at every corner in the 80s.. Accordong to kk the banks are now running the show, seems to me theyve been running the show for sometime, and correct me if Im wrong but wasnt Zollars a figurehead for his last 3 years?? I can totally agree with closing of SOME of these terminals, but to abandon areas completely and have 90 minute stem times to your first stop is not saving anything.. Maybe Welch is trying to save this, maybe the banks are giving him some free rein since he seems to be a freight man, but if the banks are or were running this why werent these changes made before now?? The rank and file have donated religiously every week since Jan 09, the rank and file have given up rights, vaca, and pension to keep this pig going,, and now the thought of moving again. I thought with 20 years in 09 I was safe, well I wasnt, and I hope it doesnt happen to you, but maybe one day your 25 years might not be safe.. The rank and file are tired of this, the only thing they havent done to us in a while was take more, but they sure have made many of us move again, or make decisions to throw in the towel..

I have no reasonable expectations for YRCF. That @$$hole $bill left us for dead. Can Welsh and Rogers perform a miracle? All I can say is they seem to be trying. The pain and frustration heaped upon every YRCF employee up to this point is truly a disgrace. Believe me when I say I know just how fragile this house of cards is. And I try hard to stay positive but with each passing day it becomes more difficult. I stay because I am an optimist. But I will agree these people don't make it easy!

I have no reasonable expectations for YRCF. That @$$hole $bill left us for dead. Can Welsh and Rogers perform a miracle? All I can say is they seem to be trying. The pain and frustration heaped upon every YRCF employee up to this point is truly a disgrace. Believe me when I say I know just how fragile this house of cards is. And I try hard to stay positive but with each passing day it becomes more difficult. I stay because I am an optimist. But I will agree these people don't make it easy!

im glad you put it that way,i feel or felt the same as you. But after this nonsense came out its all changed for me. the idea that they start turning a small profit after all we been thru & some new bean counter comes up with an idea (raphine) that was done 20 years ago is enough for me. to take the people who stuck by this bi polar outfit have a change of this size is crazy. just the cost alone shows me there are other motives than improved transit times. how many time have you pulled into a terminal & they get mad & say where did you come from,had no idea you were coming! i say OMG,is your computer & phone been repossesed? until,THEY do their job no change will fix bi polar freight!

good post true words management, that word does not fit at yrc freight . maybe holland and all the others but NOT at yrc freight in the office at some terminals there are 13 dispatchers alone

450 million of that debt is from loans taken out just to operate in some States. It was 500 million; YRC was able to reduce, or eliminate 50 million of those notes last quarter; it's on the conference call. Go listen to it!!

Jenny807 is correct!!!!!
Do any of you ney-sayers know how much it costs to run this company on a daily basis?
How much fuel, utilities, weekly payroll is?
We are not a 7-11 where every thing is cash and carry.
We don't collect all the Frt charges as we deliver them, we need short term credit just to keep the business in business.
YRC receivables is what our customers have yet to pay us.
The LOANS you question are what keeps us alive!
The Long term loans are the Mortgage, short term is the $20 bucks you need for gas to get to work today and is paid back continually.....and keeps the company breathing.....

As far as the COO, Do you own a House for you and your wife and rent an apartment for your kids? NO YOU DON'T---------one domain, less expense, easily controlled, one budget!

Why should YRC?

I've been on and off layoff for 4 ****in years--I persisted, kept my house, fed my kids and do what I have to to keep my life better than most......Do I like it? **** No, but I do what I have to do to survive, let's let the company do the same!