Yellow | Change Of Operations 03/11/13

Albag,
I know you were asking someone else to support their assertion but, if ya don't mind I'd like to jump in here.
After the last COO the powers to be closed Topeka and St Joe, stating it would be more efficient to run them out of KC. They stated that they would not only service the customers we had but, grow the areas.The men in those terminals now commute to KC. Each route now has 1 driver covering them (from KC) and we have lost countless customers.
I know this for a fact, I know the men from these areas and they talk to the customers....The point I'm trying to make is....It may look good on paper but, in actuality....not so much.

Several years ago, a VP came to our terminal and one of the wisest things I've ever heard anyone from the glass house say, told us, "The only thing we have to sell is service, WE can not afford to be the cheapest carrier out there, WE have to be the best!" After he left, management started to listen to the men and we started to work together instead of against each other and low and behold, WE ran 16 consecutive quarters making record proffits...Just saying...
Little D, you are not correct on the Topeka and St. Joseph drivers. Currently there are three bids daily to the St. Joseph area and two bids to Topeka along with a Emporia bid. Plus daily there are shags running behind the route bids. Plus daily runs to Home Depot DC and Target DC. And I agree with you about service. Service is all we have to sell.

Sorry I'm a 241 driver Cincinnati YRC I was just wondering if I would get my vacation pay
Just as long as you worked 25 days this year that have to pay you because that's vacation earned from last year.They also owe you any sick or personal days you have not used yet.

Sorry I'm a 241 driver Cincinnati YRC I was just wondering if I would get my vacation pay

Are you a road driver? If so, have you ran the minimum number of tours of duty? If yes to both, then yes to your vacation. Unused sick days, no.

Are you a road driver? If so, have you ran the minimum number of tours of duty? If yes to both, then yes to your vacation. Unused sick days, no.[/Q
The 25 day rule pertains to city and dock.Your right on the road rule albag.You need x amount of tours to qualify.I would suggest the brother get his contract book and read for himself because supplements vary from region to region.

Little D, you are not correct on the Topeka and St. Joseph drivers. Currently there are three bids daily to the St. Joseph area and two bids to Topeka along with a Emporia bid. Plus daily there are shags running behind the route bids. Plus daily runs to Home Depot DC and Target DC. And I agree with you about service. Service is all we have to sell.

Hilo,
I stand corrected, Thank You for shedding some light on this, as I said, I was under the impression that we only had 1 driver per area. The "shag routes" ( including Home and Target) I knew of but didn't count them, we have them all over the entire area.

What is your impression of the service that we are giving our customers before and after merging these areas into KC and as a whole?

The worst thing to everrrr happen to the ltl industry was for the banks to give yellow the money to purchase roadway and usf corporations. Yellow would have been out of business if it wasn't for that. I would bet 1.1 billion zollars on that !!!!

The worst thing to everrrr happen to the ltl industry was for the banks to give yellow the money to purchase roadway and usf corporations. Yellow would have been out of business if it wasn't for that. I would bet 1.1 billion zollars on that !!!!

With all due respect. The Motor Carrier Act of 1980 is far and away the most destructive event in trucking.

Gapooh,
not defending Zollars by any stretch but, the fact of the matter is, Yellow ran 16 consecutive quarters making record profits before the merger....Just sayin.

With all due respect. The Motor Carrier Act of 1980 is far and away the most destructive event in trucking.

You can thank the Democrats, and Jimmy Carter for that!

S. 2245 (96th): Motor Carrier Act of 1980

Introduced:
Feb 01, 1980 (96th Congress, 1979–1980)

Sponsor:
Sen. Howard Cannon [D-NV]

Signed by the President

Gapooh,
not defending Zollars by any stretch but, the fact of the matter is, Yellow ran 16 consecutive quarters making record profits before the merger....Just sayin.
Well answer this question, if Yellow was making record profits, why in the world did they have to borrow sooo much cash to purchase Roadway and USF Companies ?