ABF | Change of operations approved

Yesterday our tm said that transfer bids were posted at 042,but could not(or wouldn't) tell us what the bid was for. UE or road, start times anything. Can't believe they would just put up a blank transfer bid. Anyone on here from 042 that can shed some light on this.

That,.....is strange, to say the least.........Also anti-contractual. Separate language for UE and road. Company looking for CDL-qualified masochists who would like to be used and abused by every low-paid dispatcher with an axe to grind against Union people? Is this the so-called "Flexibility" they're looking for?

Alert the Union........."Spinelessness" can be a synonym for "Flexibility"..........

That,.....is strange, to say the least.........Also anti-contractual. Separate language for UE and road. Company looking for CDL-qualified masochists who would like to be used and abused by every low-paid dispatcher with an axe to grind against Union people? Is this the so-called "Flexibility" they're looking for?

Alert the Union........."Spinelessness" can be a synonym for "Flexibility"..........
Look at the UE proposal which is pretty lame in itself. But the new UE is worded to expand days to fit company's needs. so 5 if needed and flexible. so basically on some, mon-fri. also where line haul jobs just being ripped up, watch closely small term adding UE and just changing complexity to road jobs. No line haul changes other than to UE transfers. But the Meet and turn situations are not dead, will do more, doesn't have to be a change, we do them already. all extra runs will be dummied down to meets over time. bids ran accordingly is what I was told. so change wasn't necessary to run meets, we already do them, bids have been disappearing anyway.

Just got back from the meeting BA said we are getting one road driver transferring up as a UE has no idea if it's a four day a five day what the start times going to be this is bs

Just got back from the meeting BA said we are getting one road driver transferring up as a UE has no idea if it's a four day a five day what the start times going to be this is bs
Guess someone signed the bid sheet? If someone comes up I hope it's mr. Wonderful....

Guess someone signed the bid sheet? If someone comes up I hope it's mr. Wonderful....

If he's transferring in as UE, essentially he's coming in on your city seniority list. The work that's following him should be spelled out.

And.......I don't know how it is in your Supplement, but the company needs approval from the Union to add a 4/10 city bid. Work week is 5 consecutive days, either Monday through Friday, or Tuesday through Saturday on a city board.

We were supposed to get a road driver transferring in from 042 to do a meet and turn with 051. Apparently it's on hold now.......indefinitely. The bottom guy, ....who came from Roadway with 20 year's experience,......... is getting antsy. He hasn't had a full week's work since Christmas,........ and he was hoping no one would transfer, although he knows they have full rights to.

Road driving doesn't thrill him,......but 3 day work weeks thrill him less. Hope he sticks around, but this wishy-washy COO has him thinking and looking.....,...

Oh,........wait,......I heard the dispatcher say: "I wonder where that fool is?" ......and I kind of mis-heard him......

If he's transferring in as UE, essentially he's coming in on your city seniority list. The work that's following him should be spelled out.

And.......I don't know how it is in your Supplement, but the company needs approval from the Union to add a 4/10 city bid. Work week is 5 consecutive days, either Monday through Friday, or Tuesday through Saturday on a city board.

We were supposed to get a road driver transferring in from 042 to do a meet and turn with 051. Apparently it's on hold now.......indefinitely. The bottom guy, ....who came from Roadway with 20 year's experience,......... is getting antsy. He hasn't had a full week's work since Christmas,........ and he was hoping no one would transfer, although he knows they have full rights to.

Road driving doesn't thrill him,......but 3 day work weeks thrill him less. Hope he sticks around, but this wishy-washy COO has him thinking and looking.....,...
A lot of us have been in that mans shoes & it sucks, as for this change nobody seems to know anything ....I'm not surprised m....

You can bet that that part was addressed at the COO meeting and that Local approval has been superseded.

The ue days of work was addressed in the ue proposal. The new ue jobs. Flexible or as needed at each place. 4,5 days. Hours as determined. Road guys are going to run more meets, didnt need a change to do it. Thats the reason for abrupt cancel. Most of the changes were road boards on 2 ends transfers to accomodate the meets, no entire road boards were abolished. Still meet, just not total elimination. There was a false impretion with the proposed change we would be still run laydowns and meets in same lanes, No..it was all turns..now abf realized it couldnt happen, now some bids. Alot more meets, no change needed. The ue to cover closer terminal stuff, expected.

The new ue jobs. Flexible or as needed at each place. 4,5 days. Hours as determined. Road guys are going to run more meets, didnt need a change to do it.
It sounds like free reign for the company (who would have figured?). 4 days, 5 days, probably mon-fri, tues-sat if they want while they're at it. Convert that road job to a $20,000 less UE position and all they have to do is have the guy work the dock for a while (or not, I'm sure that's "as determined", too). A union is good but this one needs to go.

It sounds like free reign for the company (who would have figured?). 4 days, 5 days, probably mon-fri, tues-sat if they want while they're at it. Convert that road job to a $20,000 less UE position and all they have to do is have the guy work the dock for a while (or not, I'm sure that's "as determined", too). A union is good but this one needs to go.
Looks like they opened the flood gates again....I tell every teamster I see that we have to dump Hoffa....

Received certified letter today from ABF. Bid notice To Carlisle road and local cartage employees. Transfer bid - multi region ue change. Bids remain posted till April 15 and start May 8th. Successful bidder to the ue position will hold that bid for 9 months or until local cartage bids again at that point an employee that has more seniority can take that bid. Person transferring to local cartage gives up his or her seniority at Carlisle and it looks like they will dovetail into local seniority board. 5 positions as follows: 1 to Baltimore, 2 to Carlstadt, 1 to Scranton and 1 to Vincentown. Then they list the local seniority board for all four locations.

Received certified letter today from ABF. Bid notice To Carlisle road and local cartage employees. Transfer bid - multi region ue change. Bids remain posted till April 15 and start May 8th. Successful bidder to the ue position will hold that bid for 9 months or until local cartage bids again at that point an employee that has more seniority can take that bid. Person transferring to local cartage gives up his or her seniority at Carlisle and it looks like they will dovetail into local seniority board. 5 positions as follows: 1 to Baltimore, 2 to Carlstadt, 1 to Scranton and 1 to Vincentown. Then they list the local seniority board for all four locations.
Is there a description of the job? Is it 4 or 5 day bid? Will it be a destination bid or what ever way they want to send you? What will the start time be? Seems your only bidding domicile & you will get told at a later date everything I mentioned....cart in front of the horse....again

Welcome to the new Teamsters Union, brought to you by James P Hoffa.
The next thing they will announce on page 1/1 after the transfers take place is, all transfers will end tail it was on the bottom of page 2....lol