ABF | Change of operations proposal.

If nobody goes. The last 2 guys will be laid off. Read it. It says we will lose 2 road drivers. Geez, pay attention

Obviously you're from 051, but maybe you're not looking far enough down the board. The bottom drivers are exhausted. Unless your putting in for 48's every other weekend. And just in case you haven't read your contract lately, in order to have a gain of 2 drivers in NJ specifically from Winston Salem, you have to have a loss to go with the gain. And don't forget about the UE positions in 5 EOL terminals. Those are being offered to Winston Salem drivers first. Read the bottom...
WZNOLP2.jpg

Now tell me again how there will be layoffs?

Obviously you're from 051, but maybe you're not looking far enough down the board. The bottom drivers are exhausted. Unless your putting in for 48's every other weekend. And just in case you haven't read your contract lately, in order to have a gain of 2 drivers in NJ specifically from Winston Salem, you have to have a loss to go with the gain. And don't forget about the UE positions in 5 EOL terminals. Those are being offered to Winston Salem drivers first. Read the bottom...
WZNOLP2.jpg

thank you!

WZNOLP2.jpg

And if you look right there. It plainly says Winston -2. You might wann read

And if you look right there. It plainly says Winston -2. You might wann read
Also you are looking at the UE gains. Tell me where it says Winston is gaining anything. That's right! You can't. But look on the other page or better yet at the whole thing. It plainly says Winston Salem. -2

WZNOLP2.jpg

If nobody from Winston takes transfer to any of those terminals it plainly says Winston Salem -2. Answer me this. Do you really think that those UE jobs are not gonna affect the 051 road board? If that's what you think then you my friend are not thinking at all!

If nobody from Winston takes transfer to any of those terminals it plainly says Winston Salem -2. Answer me this. Do you really think that those UE jobs are not gonna affect the 051 road board? If that's what you think then you my friend are not thinking at all!

In pass changes, if no one from Winston took a transfer, then the bottom men would be n layoff stage and then the tm could restate n so many hrs past the change effect day. If no one fill the u e jobs at the El terminals , they will hire off street. Remember each change is written different.

Also you are looking at the UE gains. Tell me where it says Winston is gaining anything. That's right! You can't. But look on the other page or better yet at the whole thing. It plainly says Winston Salem. -2

ABF is creating 2 road positions in Avenal, NJ. They are offering those 2 positions to Winston-Salem drivers first, because the work is currently being performed by Winston-Salem drivers. The company will pay moving expenses and lodging, for a period of time, to any driver who would to take the transfer. But only in a follow the work situation. And follow the work means you have to be moving from a losing terminal to a gaining terminal. So that's why there is a LOSS at Winston-Salem.

Now, as far as the 5 UE positions being CREATED, as in NEW positions, they are also offering them to Winston-Salem drivers FIRST, because they are the drivers doing the work already. Now, if any drivers in Winston-Salem would like to take advantage of any of the 7 NEW positions being created in this change, they can. And they wouldn't lose their seniority for a year, which would be the standard. Instead, their seniority would be dovetailed in to the existing board.

If no driver is interested in moving to NJ, and no one is interested in transferring to any of the 5 EOL terminals that have new positions, then I guess the bottom 2 in Winston-Salem would be laid off. And then ABF will have to hire off the street for those 7 NEW positions. But I really don't think that's going to happen, do you?

Last edited by a moderator:
There's no need to be ignorant if they guy's wrong just help him understand and it will go a long way to helping people here.

ABF is creating 2 road positions in Avenal, NJ. They are offering those 2 positions to Winston-Salem drivers first, because the work is currently being performed by Winston-Salem drivers. The company will pay moving expenses and lodging, for a period of time, to any driver who would to take the transfer. But only in a follow the work situation. And follow the work means you have to be moving from a losing terminal to a gaining terminal. So that's why there is a LOSS at Winston-Salem.

Now, as far as the 5 UE positions being CREATED, as in NEW positions, they are also offering them to Winston-Salem drivers FIRST, because they are the drivers doing the work already. Now, if any drivers in Winston-Salem would like to take advantage of any of the 7 NEW positions being created in this change, they can. And they wouldn't lose their seniority for a year, which would be the standard. Instead, their seniority would be dovetailed in to the existing board.

If no driver is interested in moving to NJ, and no one is interested in transferring to any of the 5 EOL terminals that have new positions, then I guess the bottom 2 in Winston-Salem would be laid off. And then ABF will have to hire off the street for those 7 NEW positions. But I really don't think that's going to happen, do you?[/QUOT

You got it. I may have overstepped, however I don't think suggesting to learn your contract is an insult. When situations like a COO arise, it's definitely an asset to understand the language.
It is always good to know your contract and when I started I read mine cover to cover. I was overwhelmed by it all but the important parts stuck, the rest I know how to find when needed. But those of us who actually do that are the rarity.
:guiness:

It is always good to know your contract and when I started I read mine cover to cover. I was overwhelmed by it all but the important parts stuck, the rest I know how to find when needed. But those of us who actually do that are the rarity.
That's why it's important to read the written agreement of a coo , for anymore ibt will sell out like a new York sec. These days.

Everyone should read & know their contract & Supplement. It is your duty to know your rights & work rules it's for you & your families protection. It would also be a huge plus before voting on contracts.

So the road loses two postions and no one leave to follow their work. They then lay off those two positions.... but if they have the work they will surely use the laid off guys right? I mean they cant hire guys off the street ahead of the guys laid off. And they cant use city guys to do runs on the weekends like they do here if they have guys laid off. So I think the point is that if the work is there the drivers are gonna work.