Yellow | change of operations

I would say yes as queens is closing at end of the month merging into Bkln, Mt Vernon, and LGI (long Island). From what I hear about 50 or 60 laid off going into pool. Hopefully everyone will be placed seeing everyone working and we are giving away cartage every day.

Yes.....the Committee decision has yet to come out....but it will be very soon....and of course, it will be here for you to review.....KK

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes.....the Committee decision has yet to come out....but it will be very soon....and of course, it will be here for you to review.....KK

Like anything the company wants they will get. The union and company one in the same. By the way it's decision and it's whatever the company says. Nice try. Here's the committee in action.

Company: We need these changes to stay in business and thrive in this economy.
Union: Well we need the following changes before we approve.
Company: Guess we will have to file bankruptcy.
Union: Change is approved.

Last edited by a moderator:
Like anything the company wants they will get. The union and company one in the same. By the way it's decision and it's whatever the company says. Nice try. Here's the committee in action.

Company: We need these changes to stay in business and thrive in this economy.
Union: Well we need the following changes before we approve.
Company: Guess we will have to file bankruptcy.
Union: Change is approved.

You obviously have no clue as to what the Locals' roll is at a COO hearing....you seemed to be very closed minded about it....so why waste the time trying to explain the process.....KK

Two company's in business for well over a hundred of years combined. They still can't figure out how to move freight from point A to point B. Freight still moves just like it did on the first pony express. Two years ago they had the red carpet rolled out formed a new company. At that point they could have put together a network that would have worked. Instead they have proved time and time again the inability to run a company in a fashion that is effective and profitable. It's time for the union to tell this company NO! Enough is Enough, sink or swim!!!! Phucking figure it out!

KK,
If the commitees decision has not been approved yet, how are drivers reporting that certain terminals have closed last week and more over the weekend?

Just think what it would be like if the best contract ever didn't say they could only have 2 coo per best contract ever!
Opps, forgot the new onion motto, "They're in survival mode(whining)take as many as you need, the members be damned"!

Just think what it would be like if the best contract ever didn't say they could only have 2 coo per best contract ever!
Opps, forgot the new onion motto, "They're in survival mode(whining)take as many as you need, the members be damned"!

The limit on COOs pertains to INTERMODAL only. Efficiency (elimination and consolidation of terminals) are unlimited.

KK. If the Committee decision has yet to come out, How can terminals be making phone calls to the guys that are going to transfer and asking them where they want to transfer to?!? They need to stop playing with our life and tell us what the heck is going on already! so tried of all the BS and rumors. ( not referring to you on that KK)

I would say yes as queens is closing at end of the month merging into Bkln, Mt Vernon, and LGI (long Island). From what I hear about 50 or 60 laid off going into pool. Hopefully everyone will be placed seeing everyone working and we are giving away cartage every day.

how many from LGI following work back to deer park long island

The limit on COOs pertains to INTERMODAL only. Efficiency (elimination and consolidation of terminals) are unlimited.

Maybe I'm wrong but they were allowed to put a certain % on rail anyways. A coo is a coo.
Maybe its like bidding now, do it every couple of weeks instead of yearly. Use to have to show a change in freight flow if they wanted to bid more then yearly. But then again, with a coo bi-weekly now, I guess in the onion's own words, "they can do that".

if we were as efficient at moving freight as we are at moving people we would be kings of the world.