ABF | Change of operations

051 wanting 2 road drivers to transfer to 352 to start road domicile there. Will run meet and turn with 051. Wanting 5 drivers to go to 068,258,090,068,and 054 to run UE. 1 driver to each terminal. It's posted in 051

Do you think maybe they're going to more meet and turns because it's easier to hire and retain drivers if they can promise them a return to domicile each trip?

ABF is top heavy with older drivers who are used to trucking as it is now. Most of us will be gone in a year or two ,........and we know any young guy,.....or gal,....getting into this industry has no interest in sleeping in a motel four nights out of seven. They all want to be daylight city volume drivers, preferably starting at the top of the seniority list........

We still don't have any "official" word,.....
and we're supposed to gain a road run. Why all the secrecy?.......or rather, the selective secrecy,..... as it seems some terminals know, and some don't.

Once again, our IBT....."leadership ".......drops the ball and allows Rumors and Speculation to run rampant,........instead of stepping up and DOING THEIR JOB!

Do you think maybe they're going to more meet and turns because it's easier to hire and retain drivers if they can promise them a return to domicile each trip?
No, absolutely not, definitely no way, the motive is the typical how to squeeze more money out of the only place they can, the work force. I do believe that a road driver costs the company about $20,000 more per year in wages than the hourly ones. Don't forget we have a shiny new, well fairly new man in charge by the name of Mike Moss and with new people come new ideas and my bet is that this is one of his.

Have found where there is a pound of rumor there is an ounce of truth and now it's coming out.
Is that a chinese proverb or something that you learned over the years of the rumor mill of the freight industry ? And i heard that pugs is moonlighting as the "human" menu board at banko's on the weekend ! Just a rumor ???
Bad Slavin shouldn't start rumors like that even if they are true

And i heard that pugs is moonlighting as the "human" menu board at banko's on the weekend ! Just a rumor ???
Does he wear a sandwich board that says something like, "I eat here, look at me, you can clearly see that I like the food"?

No, absolutely not, definitely no way, the motive is the typical how to squeeze more money out of the only place they can, the work force. I do believe that a road driver costs the company about $20,000 more per year in wages than the hourly ones. Don't forget we have a shiny new, well fairly new man in charge by the name of Mike Moss and with new people come new ideas and my bet is that this is one of his.
Good point. I forgot it's not about common sense. It's all about making those fat shareholders happy at the expense of the work force. Looks good on paper,......for a while.......

I guess that you will have to go to banko's and see if the rumor is true ! I will buy you the first round !!! Abfer and i will be waiting for you,pick up Go40 on your way thru please !!!!
I'll be the one with clam juice all down my front and my fingers will smell like shrimp cocktail.
And if you see a guy there with a grease stain in the back of his pants he's a lowly token salesman. Kept around for no logical reason. Don't let him suck you in, just walk on by.

I think in one of your older topics the new man in charge wanted to eliminate all road driver laydowns. If true he seems to be starting test runs.

I'm waiting....
Have him make a detour to the western part of the state and pick me up........You guys talked about this Banko's place so much that I now get hungry every time I go on this site......I have to make a Professional Evaluation to see if Banko's is as good as Primanti's.......

Have him make a detour to the western part of the state and pick me up........You guys talked about this Banko's place so much that I now get hungry every time I go on this site......I have to make a Professional Evaluation to see if Banko's is as good as Primanti's.......
With all of your "pull" in the organization you should be able to get a Scranton laydown run to bid. The only good Primatai's is the one in the strip district

.I have to make a Professional Evaluation to see if Banko's is as good as Primanti's.......
One thing about food and restaurants is that quality is definitely in the mouth of the beeater and one man's delicacy is another man's bad meal. All you can do is try it first hand and make your own determination. And good reviews and recommendations can set the stage for disappointment as one salivates at the thought of dining at an esteemed establishment such as Primanti's or Banko's only to end up with a mere 'OK' dining experience. I can't tell you how many time's I've had what was supposed to be the best steak, spaghetti, cheesesteak, hoagie, chipped beef, etc only to leave the place wondering if he who recommended that place ever had good food. :shrug::soapbox:

One thing about food and restaurants is that quality is definitely in the mouth of the beeater and one man's delicacy is another man's bad meal. All you can do is try it first hand and make your own determination. And good reviews and recommendations can set the stage for disappointment as one salivates at the thought of dining at an esteemed establishment such as Primanti's or Banko's only to end up with a mere 'OK' dining experience. I can't tell you how many time's I've had what was supposed to be the best steak, spaghetti, cheesesteak, hoagie, chipped beef, etc only to leave the place wondering if he who recommended that place ever had good food. :shrug::soapbox:
Yes indeed, there is a big difference in eating and dining