ABF | Change of operations

I quess it would be easy to rate different places when you can dine on someone elses tab. We can only rate the places that we can access with a big truck and pay out of our own pockets , like b.k or wendy's or mc'd's -the fine establishments for us knuckle dragger low lifes.

I quess it would be easy to rate different places when you can dine on someone elses tab. We can only rate the places that we can access with a big truck and pay out of our own pockets , like b.k or wendy's or mc'd's -the fine establishments for us knuckle dragger low lifes.
For some reason food always tastes better when someone else is buying. :confused1: And all that money you have stashed in the back yard will spend fine after hours when you're in your personal vehicle. Just beware, even in your personal vehicle you're still only allowed to blow a .039 or less to be legal.

Do you think maybe they're going to more meet and turns because it's easier to hire and retain drivers if they can promise them a return to domicile each trip?

ABF is top heavy with older drivers who are used to trucking as it is now. Most of us will be gone in a year or two ,........and we know any young guy,.....or gal,....getting into this industry has no interest in sleeping in a motel four nights out of seven. They all want to be daylight city volume drivers, preferably starting at the top of the seniority list........

We still don't have any "official" word,.....
and we're supposed to gain a road run. Why all the secrecy?.......or rather, the selective secrecy,..... as it seems some terminals know, and some don't.

Once again, our IBT....."leadership ".......drops the ball and allows Rumors and Speculation to run rampant,........instead of stepping up and DOING THEIR JOB!
Might be the case. Personally I like the lay down trips.

I was told that they not only applied for ,but was approved for the change of operations! How that could happen without every shop steward being asked how this would effect their job in their opinion is totally absurd!!!! term 219 is supposed to get 2 men but I'm sure when anyone interested finds out property taxes in my neighborhood is 12000.00 a year they'll turn it down!Then the terminals are going to provide them! We're already down at least 4 men due to attrition! We'll lose two more men from the street and they'll give more freight away to"marketing partners" who don't have to deal with PDAs or logs!!!

I was told that they not only applied for ,but was approved for the change of operations! How that could happen without every shop steward being asked how this would effect their job in their opinion is totally absurd!!!! term 219 is supposed to get 2 men but I'm sure when anyone interested finds out property taxes in my neighborhood is 12000.00 a year they'll turn it down!Then the terminals are going to provide them! We're already down at least 4 men due to attrition! We'll lose two more men from the street and they'll give more freight away to"marketing partners" who don't have to deal with PDAs or logs!!!
Welcome to ABF and the Teamsters Union. :2437: