Yellow | Change of operations

Not
Can you describe the change of 2013?
Not completely, I'll try St. Louis lost a lot and became a end of line. Memphis was the same but they opend it back up after a few months. KC got most of the St. L freight. Denver gained, I think the Chi. Hts gained a couple Indy lost. I cant remember all the numbers Nashville gained. Those destinations were the main players as far as I can remember. Sorry 39 months ago ?

Why do they need a change of operation , freight has been passing Buffalo for a month , with Harrisburg being the benifactor .

Isn't it time to figure out who can get the work done? Who has manpower available that would come back? All these engineered changes cost us so many good drivers and dock only folks that we never did get staffed up. Might be too late to get anyone back now, but the terminals that are constantly backed up need to be routed around. Folks with available drivers and dock need to get them fired up. Saw that we had over 1000 accelerated shipments picked up Friday. Also saw all of the inbound we got Friday was due Thursday and Friday. That doesn't sound good going into a weekend.

Isn't it time to figure out who can get the work done? Who has manpower available that would come back? All these engineered changes cost us so many good drivers and dock only folks that we never did get staffed up. Might be too late to get anyone back now, but the terminals that are constantly backed up need to be routed around. Folks with available drivers and dock need to get them fired up. Saw that we had over 1000 accelerated shipments picked up Friday. Also saw all of the inbound we got Friday was due Thursday and Friday. That doesn't sound good going into a weekend.
Everyone that could or would come back, has by this time.

Retired L/H returning to casual status.

Get fired up? Very few of our crew has enough hours to work weekends.

This week, just a preview of things to come.

We usually load 70% of our freight to our BB.

New policy cuts it to about 35%.

From KC east, expect interesting mixed loads.

Manpower is the key here folks. Who has it? Who can get it? And just as important what kind of workers are you gonna get for the wages you pay? Remember Guys, This new generation wants nothing to do with truck or hard work. Just wants to sit behind a computer.

Is Indy the problem again or is in Kansas City?

If my terminal was getting run around I would find it embarrassing.
We at 525 are going around Dallas best we can. They have too much too. Asked for a sixth punch today. Saturday. But it's like 8 am! I get off at midnight. I would do some OT if they would start regular dock shifts. Which is one shift. 4 pm.
It's crazy. And they are not prepared as usual. They knew it was coming so freight just sits for days if it's not E. time or accelerated.

Been saying for awhile, market conditions will force this company to change or shut down. Our wages are not competitive and most younger people just look at wages. Also for those covered by Cspf, there's no retirement benefits. A young person starting today in an area under central states effectively has no company funded retirement plan. Our whole contract needs to be gutted and renegotiated to make us competitive with other carriers. Young people don't want to work in this field anymore and carriers that cannot attract good people will not survive. It's a different world in our industry today, it's not about cutting costs, it is about attracting and retaining good workers.

Been saying for awhile, market conditions will force this company to change or shut down. Our wages are not competitive and most younger people just look at wages. Also for those covered by Cspf, there's no retirement benefits. A young person starting today in an area under central states effectively has no company funded retirement plan. Our whole contract needs to be gutted and renegotiated to make us competitive with other carriers. Young people don't want to work in this field anymore and carriers that cannot attract good people will not survive. It's a different world in our industry today, it's not about cutting costs, it is about attracting and retaining good workers.
Hit the nail on the head. Back in the 80's when I hired on there was something to look forward to and to actually work for.
Unless they offer a good package to new hires we will tell everyone that hires on what's up. Even supers leave within a few weeks after training. But they will never offer anything. They think....apparently.... All is fine. It's a new world even from 7 years ago when we merged. Anyone with any common sense is not gonna waste valuable time working there. Your right. They will and are causing their own demise.
You said above what I have been thinking and have known for years. We all know.

Hit the nail on the head. Back in the 80's when I hired on there was something to look forward to and to actually work for.
Unless they offer a good package to new hires we will tell everyone that hires on what's up. Even supers leave within a few weeks after training. But they will never offer anything. They think....apparently.... All is fine. It's a new world even from 7 years ago when we merged. Anyone with any common sense is not gonna waste valuable time working there. Your right. They will and are causing their own demise.
You said above what I have been thinking and have known for years. We all know.
I started with Roadway in 1981. During the following years until I retired in 2009, I was proud of three things:( and I still am) I was a former Marine, a Teamster, and I worked for the Big R.

I was at Dayton Freight the other day, everything was new and clean, and you could tell their people were positive and took pride in their work. They pay their part time dock $20 /hr and had plenty of help. Our terminal is right around the corner and we can't find anybody. Of course we only pay $11 /hr I wonder if that has anything to do with it.