FedEx Freight | Change of Operations

Simple, not one center in SC has any daytime runs...yet.

Those are average prices for the state and those prices depend on where you live...the state fuel tax is as previously stated.

http://www.tax-rates.org/taxtables/property-tax-by-state
Be sure to click the states on the map to find the property tax for that state.

Lol simple you would go back to bottom of new road board. The gas prices are an average correct and on average NC is 16 cents higher. I posted a link that has all the states and perctanges listed no need to click the state, still only a 28 percent difference you claimed 50 percent. Now back on topic!!!! Lol

Lol simple you would go back to bottom of new road board. The gas prices are an average correct and on average NC is 16 cents higher. I posted a link that has all the states and perctanges listed no need to click the state, still only a 28 percent difference you claimed 50 percent. Now back on topic!!!! Lol
Actually no 85% is a 49% increase over 57%, it's simple math.

From the link

vPiaCTe.jpg

Simple, it's all "hub" freight whether it comes to CLT or GSP which creates overages in various lanes, nightly. Those overages are covered by "hub discretion"...if dispatch can double turn a driver while keeping a part time dock worker a little longer to compensate for the dock hours, than so be it, but on runs where drivers can't be double turned or no drivers are available, the freight is covered by that hub's extraboard. Since GSP has become a mini-hub, the amount of "extra" CLT hub runs has fallen off dramatically, going from 6-7 extra runs per night to 2-3.
OK, so the "potential" exists for "occasional" runs, lost/gained. I'll give you some credit, although it may be one of those cases where, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut, every now and then"...

The fact is, after some time as a mini-hub, there did develop some overflow, covered by a single city driver. As you might expect, that became an issue, requiring the road-extra board to be given the first option on such a run. Before thinking that to be a bed of roses, consider the fact that such a run would potentially be impossible, if previous hours prevent it, or it would prevent one from running that (following) night.

Have you considered the fact that extra hub runs are frequently handled by drivers from other centers, since CLT drivers are generally elsewhere at that time of night/morning? The term "kick outs" comes to mind.

Your numbers are interesting, but again I question several factors. Seasonal adjustments, accuracy, and the domicile of the drivers who actually handled such overflow must be considered. No?

You "could" be right, but we must still consider "the blind squirrel theory"... :poke:

What's your point?? Your link shows an increase of .49% for NC over SC...mine showed an increase of .50%...it's still the same, thx for proving my point!!

No it doesn't im not good with math but .85 percent compared to .57 percent doesn't equal .49 or .50. percent.

No it doesn't im not good with math but .85 percent compared to .57 percent doesn't equal .49 or .50. percent.
57 X.49 (49%)= 27.93, 57+27.93= 84.93 then round up you get 85%. If you have $100 and lose 50% you have $50, to get back to $100 from $50 you have to get 100%, it's still $50 but percentage wise it's 100%.

CMH will start testing a night run to exit 11in Kentucky tonight. I guess this trial will last a week like last week's day trial run. The new run will be Y19.
I will update if it goes to bid. Currently the guys that were running Corbin are now on the extra board pending the outcome of the bid.

OK, so the "potential" exists for "occasional" runs, lost/gained. I'll give you some credit, although it may be one of those cases where, "even a blind squirrel finds a nut, every now and then"...

The fact is, after some time as a mini-hub, there did develop some overflow, covered by a single city driver. As you might expect, that became an issue, requiring the road-extra board to be given the first option on such a run. Before thinking that to be a bed of roses, consider the fact that such a run would potentially be impossible, if previous hours prevent it, or it would prevent one from running that (following) night.

Have you considered the fact that extra hub runs are frequently handled by drivers from other centers, since CLT drivers are generally elsewhere at that time of night/morning? The term "kick outs" comes to mind.

Your numbers are interesting, but again I question several factors. Seasonal adjustments, accuracy, and the domicile of the drivers who actually handled such overflow must be considered. No?

You "could" be right, but we must still consider "the blind squirrel theory"... :poke:
Silly me, what was I thinking?? I'm not sure why I expected you, a city driver, to know all of the nuances of the road operation, much less the nuances of a hub operation...must be that "all knowing" persona that you portray?? :idunno: :poke:

Sorry but your "blind squirrel" theory doesn't hold water. Potential, yes, all extra board runs are "potential"....occasional, I wouldn't classify every night as "occasional".

The fact that GSP is a mini-hub explains your mindset..."single" run...ClT is on a larger scale so everything gets multiplied including bill count, tonnage, potential runs, drivers available...multiple runs.

Yes, I considered "kick outs" when factoring my numbers but I chose to omit those and still stay conservative due to the fact that I don't ask just how many double turns, kick outs, etc. there were, my numbers reflect(ed) the runs covered by CLT road/city drivers. Did you apply the same "kick out" theory to your numbers or did you just quote the "single" run covered by a GSP driver?? I can say with certainty that CLT drivers via GSP on their way home to pick up overages...nightly!!

Correct, several factors dictate how many "extra hub runs" need to be covered, and again, I was only addressing those covered by CLT drivers in order to stay on topic...and I'll stand by my original statement, since GSP became a mini-hub, the amount of "extra hub runs" has dramatically decreased.

Trust me, I'm right...I live it!! :poke:

Silly Red. I'm pretty quick to grasp concepts, but details and "nuances of a hub operation" would fall under details researched on an "as needed" basis. You would certainly rank among the resident experts on that topic. No question.

Full (updated) disclosure, it seems the overflow has increased, requiring an "extra run" almost daily. I did consider the kick out potential, from GSP, but with no numbers to back it up, it seemed unlikely that the capacity for that existed.

I also had no via numbers on the topic to quantify, so we left that alone. Also, I wouldn't consider a via through GSP to be a positive for a CLT driver. I know I always dreaded Atlanta via Athens due to little or no extra miles, and it being a time consuming trek. BUT that is quite different, logistically. You can probably shed light on that aspect.

Gotta run, we'll get back to speculating on the true nature of the "change" and why it might need to be negotiated (or not), in the next episode. Stay tuned.

Silly Red. I'm pretty quick to grasp concepts, but details and "nuances of a hub operation" would fall under details researched on an "as needed" basis. You would certainly rank among the resident experts on that topic. No question.

Full (updated) disclosure, it seems the overflow has increased, requiring an "extra run" almost daily. I did consider the kick out potential, from GSP, but with no numbers to back it up, it seemed unlikely that the capacity for that existed.

I also had no via numbers on the topic to quantify, so we left that alone. Also, I wouldn't consider a via through GSP to be a positive for a CLT driver. I know I always dreaded Atlanta via Athens due to little or no extra miles, and it being a time consuming trek. BUT that is quite different, logistically. You can probably shed light on that aspect.

Gotta run, we'll get back to speculating on the true nature of the "change" and why it might need to be negotiated (or not), in the next episode. Stay tuned.
Aw yes, the details...I don't claim to be an "expert" but I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express...

Kick outs "seemed unlikely"...hmmm...even being a mini-hub, I'm gonna say the chances of every lane being equal every night is slim and none. You might not be aware of the "details" but I'm guessing if you did the research "as needed" you be surprised at the amount of kickouts given nightly...It's about the details...

Depends on the via...a KNX to CLT with a via thru GSP is only an extra 20 miles plus a drop and hook BUT the CLT driver isn't getting paid to sit in KNX, so they'll gladly take the via if it gets them rolling!! Again, it's about the details...

Can't wait to hear this next theory...and the details...