FedEx Freight | Change of Operations

There's been no official announcement because we don't have meetings in CLT...except for maybe a quasi pre-shift here and there for city drivers. We get our info from Truckingboards, drivers at other centers, or the clerk at the convenience store across the street...and the clerk is usually the most reliable!!

No wonder why you don't know whats going on. :lmao:

Verifiable facts, in the form of "past practice" will prove the term of "following the freight"...the number of drivers doesn't always match the number of runs moved, it depends on the volume of freight moved and how many drivers it will take to move that volume.
I have no reason to doubt that.

It seems that the concern is limited to a very few who may be affected. Their concern goes like this:

1)Past practice limited the following due to positions remaining available, locally.

2)This time it appears following will be allowed despite positions remaining available, locally.

Truth is, concerned or not, the decision will come out of CLT. The rest have no say at all in the matter.

Last edited:
I have no reason to doubt that.

It seems that the concern is limited to a very few who may be affected. Their concern goes like this:

1)Past practice limited the following due to positions remaining available, locally.

2)This time it appears following will be allowed despite positions remaining available, locally.

Truth is, concerned or not, the decision will come out of CLT. The rest have no say at all in the matter.
Perhaps that's how things worked in GSP but in CLT it's never been that way that I can recall...we've always been "follow the freight" as in the amount of drivers needed to follow the volume of freight moved. Even if enough drivers didn't "follow", I still don't recall anybody ever losing their job. That's one of the perks of being at a hub, there's usually jobs available regardless.

Agreed....and speculation is that there's only one driver even considering transferring, and even that's not a given. It's quite possible that nobody goes to GSP.

Last edited:
Perhaps that's how things worked in GSP but in CLT it's never been that way that I can recall...we've always been "follow the freight" as in the amount of drivers needed to follow the volume of freight moved. Even if enough drivers didn't "follow", I still don't recall anybody ever losing their job. That's one of the perks of being at a hub, there's usually jobs available regardless.

Agreed....and speculation is that there's only one driver even considering transferring, and even that's not a given. It's quite possible that nobody goes to GSP.

I seem to remember losing thirteen road drivers in '13. I know of one that came to the city and of one who went elsewhere. I know of one who was laid off for sure. His name was Mark.

I seem to remember losing thirteen road drivers in '13. I know of one that came to the city and of one who went elsewhere. I know of one who was laid off for sure. His name was Mark.
Correct, but that was under different circumstances, apples and oranges.

Many got a raw deal during those times but that's a different discussion for a different thread...

Its official on the CMH , ATL bid. It will move to the pilot truckstop at exit 11 in Kentucky.
It adds 19 miles to the Cmh bid each way.
Start date is April 3 to give time for both terminals to do a whole board bid.
This is the first casualty of the elogs at our facilty

Its official on the CMH , ATL bid. It will move to the pilot truckstop at exit 11 in Kentucky.
It adds 19 miles to the Cmh bid each way.
Start date is April 3 to give time for both terminals to do a whole board bid.
This is the first casualty of the elogs at our facilty
Just curious, did they decide to run them in the AM or PM...seems I remember you saying they were going to try both??