Holland | Change of OPS at Joliet/Chicago!!

HollandMan1

TB Lurker
Credits
Having a meeting today at Joliet...they are moving all the relay freight from Joliet to Chicago...and allowing 13 guys to follow the work ..on the dock in Chicago. I don't know how Chicago is gonna handle it, their yard is too small for all those foreign trailers. Peace.:rockon:

yes--they're moving all the west coast frt. out of Joliet...they said at meeting today that no layoffs are anticipated. Yeah RIGHT! We did 400 bills of west coast on inbound alone monday.

Welcome to Truckingboards HollandMan1. This place is full of information to help us LTL truckers. Especially when there is a Change Of Ops at one of the union company's....

relay fright

I heard that they moved all the relay fright out of Indy also. They had just brought it back like 3-4 weeks ago. Cant make up there minds can they.

Bowbender said:
I heard that they moved all the relay fright out of Indy also. They had just brought it back like 3-4 weeks ago. Cant make up there minds can they.
They took almost all of our relay out and sent it to you guys at Indy several weeks ago, surprised that they are sending it somewhere else now. :shock: Do you have any ideal where it's going now? We have 8 men laid off as of this Friday in Lo and it's not looking good down here. Keep us informed as to what is happening at your barn and I'll do the same about ours. This site is great for sharing info and helping each other to be better informed.

Saw 8 sets of brand new RedWay pups going east into the Chicago area maybe they are going to load them west and stop using CRST
Or would that make too much sence to use our own equipment to haul our own freight?

West coast freight out of Wheeling

As of 12/11/06 Wheeling, IL is now handling west coast freight. Our yard suddenly has a 24 hour stream of contract carriers coming in.

Loon said:
As of 12/11/06 Wheeling, IL is now handling west coast freight. Our yard suddenly has a 24 hour stream of contract carriers coming in.
Welcome to Truckingboards Loon. Glad to have you here and thanks for the information.

Saw 8 sets of brand new RedWay pups going east into the Chicago area maybe they are going to load them west and stop using CRST
Or would that make too much sence to use our own equipment to haul our own freight?

Why stop using CRST? They're so much cheaper to run

Those probably came from the south central region heading into Chicago. Same routine as Dugan used to do. Long haul to west coast still seems to be routed on contact carriers.

I don't know for sure, but it seems that we have gotten more relay here in Columbus. I work the a.m. yard and we are running out of parking space for inbound relays in the morning.

I don't know for sure, but it seems that we have gotten more relay here in Columbus. I work the a.m. yard and we are running out of parking space for inbound relays in the morning.

I'll see you on 6-11. No proper though. All relay out of MI.