New Penn | Change of Ops in Cumberland/Boston

Teamster251

TB Regular
Credits
Word is spreading of the impending COO that will move 15 jobs from Boston (Billerica, MA) to Providence (Cumberland, RI).

Change will take effect sometime in April or May.

Heard thru the grape vine that only 3 men are following the work.

Looks like that same areas that RedStar covered will be shawdowed by the same new areas that New Penn wil cover.

Isn't it amazing how the same minds continue to think the same boring way.

Well all I can say is welcome to Local 251 brothers

True, we were told Thursday night about the COO by our steward. So far 7 guys have agreed to follow the work. It can cost up to 40 guys their jobs here in Boston. Supposedly we are the only New Penn barn with dock only positions, not too sure if that is accurate. Local 25 has stepped in to put the brakes on this for now until they can resolve what Boston will get in return of the 30% of territory Cumberland is supposedly getting. We don't expect to see this happen till sometime this summer even though it has been reported that some of the RI guys have already been seen in Boston territory. Also, not cool for RI road guys to come into the Boston barn thinking this is the best thing since sliced bread and pretty much throwing it in our faces like they won something...so much for the Brotherhood.....

total bs i heard

It's not total bs, I've seen the docs supportting the COO.

And it sounds exactly like the scenario that RedSatr employees went thru with Cumberland and Billerica terms back when RedStar did the same change.

Crossing over territories, trucks from two terminals at the same dock, brothers labeled as Boston guy or Ri guy, Brothers upset over their seniority changing, lose of jobs or changes in jobs. Only 4 transfered from Boston and 15 jobs and areas were moved

No one is ever happy in a change unless all effect are reaping a benenfit of it.

Remember on thing here in all this.

UNION BROTHERS did not come up with this COO, or push for it, or vote on it, or even have a say in it.
Company officails and Union Leaders handled this matter. Why is it the fault of a fellow worker that the COO comes out the way it does or the wake that follows?

I said that the road guys were coming into Boston all happy and thinking it was great. I never said they had anything to do with it, it was more like they were rubbing it in our faces that we were losing territory.

I said that the road guys were coming into Boston all happy and thinking it was great. I never said they had anything to do with it, it was more like they were rubbing it in our faces that we were losing territory.

And that is exactly why I made the statements I did.

I didn't say you were out of line, I was insinuating that those that make comments about the out come are out of line, like a over zealous road man

And that is exactly why I made the statements I did.

I didn't say you were out of line, I was insinuating that those that make comments about the out come are out of line, like a over zealous road man

My apologies, I read your statements wrong. Either way this sucks because I am in jeopardy of losing my job.....

My apologies, I read your statements wrong. Either way this sucks because I am in jeopardy of losing my job.....

No apoligies nessecary.

I hope all works out of you.

If its any consolation, it thought I lost the best job in the world when RedStar closed. I was wrong, it worked out very good for me and just about everyone else at RedStar.

Hang in there you maybe surprised how you make out.

T251

It's not total bs, I've seen the docs supportting the COO.

And it sounds exactly like the scenario that RedSatr employees went thru with Cumberland and Billerica terms back when RedStar did the same change.

Crossing over territories, trucks from two terminals at the same dock, brothers labeled as Boston guy or Ri guy, Brothers upset over their seniority changing, lose of jobs or changes in jobs. Only 4 transfered from Boston and 15 jobs and areas were moved

No one is ever happy in a change unless all effect are reaping a benenfit of it.

Remember on thing here in all this.

UNION BROTHERS did not come up with this COO, or push for it, or vote on it, or even have a say in it.
Company officails and Union Leaders handled this matter. Why is it the fault of a fellow worker that the COO comes out the way it does or the wake that follows?

This is fact,however change may effect springfeild soutington and albany 46 doors added to spg...somethings up for sure !!!!!:hide: